PDA

View Full Version : PCH Pre-Ordered

UncleJohnsBand
2008-03-19, 02:06 AM
Just got my pre-order invite and signed-up.....hopefully I will soon be an owner of PCH! :D

sub
2008-03-19, 02:12 AM
That was quite quick. They must be manufacturing more of them now.

ggee
2008-03-19, 02:14 AM
Me too. Got my invite yesterday and ordered it today.

Greg

-stattik-
2008-03-20, 04:26 PM
Just got my pre-order invite and signed-up.....hopefully I will soon be an owner of PCH! :D

Same here. I got the invite two days ago and signed up.

UncleJohnsBand
2008-03-21, 01:26 AM
Me too. Got my invite yesterday and ordered it today.

Greg

Same here. I got the invite two days ago and signed up.

Did your pre-order indicate that you could be in either the end of March shipment group or the mid-April shipment depending how pre-orders came in?

ggee
2008-03-21, 01:49 AM
That's about as clear as it got.

Your credit card will only be charged when the product is available and
ready for shipping. We estimate that the upcoming batch will be available
on the week of the 30th of March 2008. The following batch should be ready
by the week of 19th of April 2008.

Lindsay
2008-03-21, 04:10 AM
Me too!

LewE
2008-03-21, 05:41 AM
Same here. I got the invite two days ago and signed up.What is your ID number? I'm 148xx and am wondering how far into the list they are with the orders.

zehd
2008-03-21, 06:42 AM
I got my invite. Alas it's too quick for me, and the window may close before I'm ready...

BrainStormer
2008-03-22, 01:03 AM
Just email them if your time has past, often they'll acomodte you.

-stattik-
2008-03-23, 03:17 AM
Did your pre-order indicate that you could be in either the end of March shipment group or the mid-April shipment depending how pre-orders came in?

Yep.

Questor
2008-03-26, 05:03 PM
Ok - Question here please.

A. How much time between when you registered at PH and when you got your email? (ie how long did it take)
B. What was the reply-to domain of the sender of the email...so I can make sure I filter it and not spam it?

-stattik-
2008-03-27, 01:39 PM
A: 3 weeks
B: no-reply at popcornhour.com

ggee
2008-03-28, 02:18 AM
What is your ID number? I'm 148xx and am wondering how far into the list they are with the orders.

Watching the posts in popcorn forum, it appears that they take big groups at a time. I know someone that had their ID around 8000 and they got their invite the same time I got mine and my ID is 10451. Check the popcorn forum to see how often the bulk orders occur. But usually, you won't have to wait too long. I think I waited about a month or two from regsiter to invite.

Greg

haripj
2008-03-28, 02:50 AM
Just email them if your time has past, often they'll acomodte you.

Ok - Question here please.

A. How much time between when you registered at PH and when you got your email? (ie how long did it take)
B. What was the reply-to domain of the sender of the email...so I can make sure I filter it and not spam it?

Thats what happened to me - Gmail classified their pre-order invitation as junk mail and I did not see it until the ordering window had expired. I emailed them just asking if there was anyway I could order anyway, and they gave me an additional period of 4 days to order.

Lindsay
2008-04-03, 11:25 AM
Mine arrived today! Pretty quick.

Having fun configuring it. Nearly there, I hope. Telnet is working but need to get a suitable screen res for my older test TV.

mvallevand
2008-04-03, 12:16 PM

Having fun configuring it. Nearly there, I hope. Telnet is working but need to get a suitable screen res for my older test TV.

Good news so far. Although the PCH and GB-PVR will allow you to use HD resolution on an older TV there is no quality advantage. I strongly suggest you use just analog users use just -m pal o -m ntsc as appropriate and simply adjust the screen position in config.xml

Possibly older ntsc models might not like the default 640x576 it works great on mine and you would need to modifiy the command line with --display 640x480 and then update config.xml too.

Martin

UncleJohnsBand
2008-04-03, 08:50 PM

When did your pre-order say you may be receiving it?

Mine indicated end of March or mid-April depending on which batch I fell into.....my wife said because I have a last name that begins with an S that I would end up in the mid-April batch.

I just checked my Google payment account and it still shows in-process... :(

Lindsay
2008-04-04, 02:30 AM
Mine said the same batches as yours. Perhaps they are working from Z to A as my surname starts with 'W'!!

Lindsay
2008-04-04, 04:14 AM
Good news so far. Although the PCH and GB-PVR will allow you to use HD resolution on an older TV there is no quality advantage. I strongly suggest you use just analog users use just -m pal o -m ntsc as appropriate and simply adjust the screen position in config.xml

Possibly older ntsc models might not like the default 640x576 it works great on mine and you would need to modifiy the command line with --display 640x480 and then update config.xml too.

Martin

#echo "Shell to mvpmcx2 "

#remove the # from most appropriate line

# Analog TV settings

#/etc/mvpmc/mvpmcx2 -m ntsc &
/etc/mvpmc/mvpmcx2 -m pal --display 640x576 &

# HDMI/DVI settings

#/etc/mvpmc/mvpmcx2 -m 720 &
#/etc/mvpmc/mvpmcx2 -m 720 --frequency 50 &

config.xml
<MAC-0006DC41F7DB>
<MVPClientType>PCH</MVPClientType>
<MVPWidth>640</MVPWidth>
<MVPHeight>576</MVPHeight>
<MVPOffsetX>0</MVPOffsetX>
<MVPOffsetY>0</MVPOffsetY>
<MVPSendIncrementalUpdates>true</MVPSendIncrementalUpdates>
<MVPTranscodeTS>false</MVPTranscodeTS>
<MVPTranscodeAVI>false</MVPTranscodeAVI>
<MVPTranscodeWMV>false</MVPTranscodeWMV>
<MVPTranscodeMKV>false</MVPTranscodeMKV>
</MAC-0006DC41F7DB>

These look alright, Martin? Thing is, when I click on the telnet GBPVR item, the screen goes black and that is it.

sub
2008-04-04, 04:21 AM
Mine is seup a little differently now, but from memory when I used to click on the Telnet item, it'd say 'telnet server started on port 23' or something similiar, then I'd push the 'return' button to get back to the page, then click the GB-PVR link. I dont remember it going black when I used to activate the telnet link.

You could always try running putty to telnet to the PCH, then execute:

cd /etc/mvpmc
./startmeup

This way you should see the messages on the screen.

mvallevand
2008-04-04, 04:29 AM
Lindsay you will get a blank screen

- if you run gbpvr.cgi before telnet.cgi (telnet needs to be setup after each powerup)
- if the new files are not in /etc/mvpmc share
- if the files are there but they don't have the appropriate privileges.
- you were eager and edited startmeup with a Windows editor
- if you forgot to restart the recording service.
- new users will get a blank screen if they don't autostart an MVP server, you will need to add one if you have just one for your mvp.

By running it from telnet as sub said you will see if it is some of these issues.

Martin

Lindsay
2008-04-05, 01:27 AM
Apologies for my ignorance, guys, but I can't get a telnet session to the PCH. The closest I got was an immediate 'Session closed by the host'!! (Putty to IP no. with telnet port 23).

The cgi's are in the correct original order.
Startmeup edited with Editpad lite (super prog BTW).
Two servers auto starting and Rec Svc restarted.

Still just get a black screen requiring a power off.

TV is analogue 100Hz glass bottle job using composite vid cable. Could the 100 Hz be a problem??

I will try it on the lounge plasma but I wanted to experiment in the privacy of the computer dungeon:)

mvallevand
2008-04-05, 01:40 AM
Lindsay your setup is incorrrect and you are trying to go to far. You have to confirm telnet is working before going on to worrying about monitors, mvpmcx2 and no point in going to the lounge now.

zip up script.cgi and telnet.html and I will have a look.

Martin

sub
2008-04-05, 01:43 AM
It doesnt really make sense make sense to me why you'd get a black screen trying to start telnet. That shouldnt affect the screen. Trying to start GB-PVR would kill the normal PCH UI (gaya), which would result in a black screen if mvpmcx2 failed to start, but thats later - just focus on telnet initially.

What exactly is the contents of your script.cgi file? Mine is below. Yours should have the appropriate IP address though.

#!/bin/sh

echo "Content-Length: 29";
echo "Content-type: text/html";
echo "";

#check if files have been copied
if [ -f /usr/bin/utelnetd ]
then
#try to start telnet
/etc/mvpmc/utelnetd -l /bin/sh -p 23 & >/dev/null
else
#else copy and start telnet
cd ~
mkdir /etc/mvpmc
mount -t cifs //192.168.1.13/mvpmc /etc/mvpmc/ -o username=guest,ro;
cp /etc/mvpmc/utelnetd /usr/bin;
utelnetd -l /bin/sh -p 23 &
ln -s /lib/librmjpeg.so /lib/libjpeg.so.62
ln -s /lib/librmzlib.so /lib/libz.so
ln -s /lib/librmzlib.so /lib/libz.so.1
ln -s /lib/librmzlib.so /lib/libz.so.123

fi

exit 0;

sub
2008-04-05, 01:49 AM
What he said even...

Lindsay
2008-04-05, 03:05 AM
Just to re-state more clearly, it runs telnet.html and produces a white screen with 'telnetd' at the top and 'GBPVR' underneath.

If I press enter at telnetd, it prints 'Telnetd started on port 23..'. At this stage if I press Return I get stuck with an error screen saying 'Request cannot be processed. Press Return key to return.... This gets me stuck in a loop I can't seem to get out of with any keys. (Power off works, though:)).

If I enter on GBPVR instead, I get the black screen.

mvallevand
2008-04-05, 03:18 AM
Lindsay, what you explained is what I expected but the instructions do say to try and telnet before proceeding the message really means nothing other than telnet.html is working.

I think your problem is related to the files in your mvpmc share not having the correct permissions. One way to test to telnet to your mvpmc machine and issue this command

ls /etc/mvpmc

Martin

Lindsay
2008-04-05, 03:39 AM
My post #23 was saying I have tried using Putty from my PC to the IP no. of the PCH but it couldn't connect.

sub
2008-04-05, 03:43 AM
Did you remember to set the connection type to 'Telnet' in putty below the hostname/ipaddress setting? Otherwise it'll try to connect using SSH on port 22, instead of telnet on port 23.

mvallevand
2008-04-05, 03:46 AM
My post #23 was saying I have tried using Putty from my PC to the IP no. of the PCH but it couldn't connect.

I agree, what I am saying is don't bother running gbpvr.cgi without telnet working or you just will end up wasting time and aggravating yourself with blank screens and having to unplug the PCH unnecessarily.

My guess right now is simply utelnetd doesn't have guest permissions or it isn't in the mvpmc share at all.

Martin

Lindsay
2008-04-05, 04:32 AM
Yes, am using the Putty 'telnet' option on port 23.

My mvpmc folder is shared to Guest. All the files, including 'utelnetd.exe', in this folder have security rights 'Full' for Guest.

The PCH shows in my network places.

Still getting 'Connection closed by remote host' immediately followed by, 'Network error: Connection refused'. Appears that I am not being authenticated by the PCH.

I must be missing some basic point. Sorry for taking your time.

Edit: just discovered the MVP doesn't mind a telnet session!

mvallevand
2008-04-05, 04:59 AM
Lindsay, out of curiosity have you updated the firmware in you PCH since you received it?
The firmware version show on the PCH Setup-Maintenance screen and if it is "old" ie 01-15-07.... then maybe the hole that is being used to run the script isn't available.

Martin

Lindsay
2008-04-05, 05:04 AM
No, not clever enough to have updated the firmware yet!!

Mine starts with 01-16-08

mvallevand
2008-04-05, 05:12 AM
Your probably ok (that 16 is probably a 15 too) for telnet but you might need to upgrade to get Play All on music.

Martin.

Lindsay
2008-04-05, 09:45 PM
OK, some progress. I have updated to latest firmware. I can also telnet into the PCH from my PC and run startmeup from the PCH (the files are there in /etc/mvpmc). My stumbling block was not knowing that I had to have telnet running on the PCH BEFORE telnetting from the PC.

Still just the black screen with the GBPVR telnet option. So it appears that there is still a problem on my PC.

Hope this means something to you guys!

PS Also no go with firewall turned off.

mvallevand
2008-04-05, 10:01 PM
Good to hear you are close now. When you run startmeup via telnet do you see this repeating "Querying host parameters" If so it is the server side and would be a normal problem starting mvp. If not can you zip up a screen capture from telnet session and your gbpvr logs and I will have a look.

Martin

Lindsay
2008-04-05, 11:27 PM
Yes, there are a few 'Querying host parameters'. Looks like a normal startup. Main menu screen for GBPVR is on the TV.

It won't play recordings (mpg). Screen says 'Popcorn Hour buffering..' and stays like that till I get sick of it and kill it!

sub
2008-04-05, 11:34 PM
Do you have the web server and NMT streaming enabled in the config app? You need to.

Lindsay
2008-04-05, 11:41 PM
Confirm both items ticked. Port 7647. What about the name/password? I put in my PC userid and password but no diff.

Logs show at 0928 video Place in Slovakia. Seems to loop.

sub
2008-04-05, 11:44 PM
2008-04-06 09:40:06.594 INFO [4] Start GB-PVR web on: 7647
2008-04-06 09:40:06.594 VERBOSE [4] Current directory is: C:\Program Files\Devnz\GBPVR
2008-04-06 09:40:07.450 ERROR [4] Error starting webserver: Could not load file or assembly 'GBPVRRecordingService, Version=1.0.3009.22581, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
A few vista users have had this. If you go and set the service properties for the GB-PVR Recording Service to 'allow service to interact with desktop' does it start working?

mvallevand
2008-04-05, 11:46 PM
I can see in your logs my favourite message

2008-04-06 09:40:07.450 ERROR [4] Error starting webserver: Could not load file or assembly 'GBPVRRecordingService, Version=1.0.3009.22581, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

You need to tell the recording service to interact with the Desktop.

BTW the web server timeout is thirty seconds it's probably best to let it go through.

Martin

mvallevand
2008-04-05, 11:46 PM
I beat sub yesterday but today!

Martin

Lindsay
2008-04-06, 12:06 AM
You've got to sharpen your act up, Martin:)

OK. Ticked the screen interact for gbpvr rec svc. Made no diff. Still endless buffering.

Lindsay
2008-04-06, 12:14 AM
Oooops, forgot to restart rec svc. Now have video playing.

Lindsay
2008-04-06, 12:41 AM
mp3 or wmv playing throws it into a serious wobble. Screens flash and no sound. Putty log showed it had run out of video memory! Had to power off.

mvallevand
2008-04-06, 01:00 AM
Reboot and run normally without putty duplicate this and send you MVP- GBPVR logs.

Martin

Lindsay
2008-04-06, 01:26 AM
Have to use Putty as it still won't start from the PCH GBPVR prompt.

sub
2008-04-06, 01:29 AM
After having rebooted your PCH, do you still get this 'out of video memory' when you first try to run it from putty?

Lindsay
2008-04-06, 01:53 AM
No. The out of video memory was after I tried to play music.

mvallevand
2008-04-06, 02:01 AM
I'd still like to see the logs and the captured output from putty.

Martin

Lindsay
2008-04-06, 02:30 AM
What's the best way to get a text putty log? Tried piping it but it thought the param was a port or sumpin'!

Lindsay
2008-04-06, 02:33 AM
OK, got the answer. Logs soon.

mvallevand
2008-04-06, 02:39 AM
Turn on a capture file instead of just using the scroll back buffer. Click on the computers on the putty top left window frame, choose Change Settings and go into Session logging.

Martin

Lindsay
2008-04-06, 02:45 AM
There is only the native log for the time in question - tells us something!

sub
2008-04-06, 02:55 AM
While we debug this it might be easiest if you disable the builtin web server and instead run the attached utility. Its a standalong version of the webserver, which makes it easy for you to see requests coming into the PC for files to play.

Hopefully when you try again you'll see a request for 'D:\Videos\MVP000~1.PLS' or something similar.

mvallevand
2008-04-06, 02:59 AM
Lindsay I'm curious to see the contents of the D:\VIDEOS\MVP...PLS file I think something in it is causing a problem.

Martin

Lindsay
2008-04-06, 03:09 AM
PLS file below. There is also an mp3 file that won't play in WMP but I changed it to wma and while complaining about wrong format, WMP did play it.

song0|0|0|stream?f=D:\My Music\-02-Easy Listening\Bic Runga\Drive\01 Drive.wma|
song1|0|0|stream?f=D:\My Music\-02-Easy Listening\Bic Runga\Drive\02 Sway.wma|
song2|0|0|stream?f=D:\My Music\-02-Easy Listening\Bic Runga\Drive\03 Hey.wma|
song3|0|0|stream?f=D:\My Music\-02-Easy Listening\Bic Runga\Drive\04 Bursting Through.wma|
song4|0|0|stream?f=D:\My Music\-02-Easy Listening\Bic Runga\Drive\05 Swim.wma|
song5|0|0|stream?f=D:\My Music\-02-Easy Listening\Bic Runga\Drive\06 Roll Into One.wma|
song6|0|0|stream?f=D:\My Music\-02-Easy Listening\Bic Runga\Drive\07 Suddenly Strange.wma|
song7|0|0|stream?f=D:\My Music\-02-Easy Listening\Bic Runga\Drive\08 Sorry.wma|
song8|0|0|stream?f=D:\My Music\-02-Easy Listening\Bic Runga\Drive\09 Heal.wma|
song9|0|0|stream?f=D:\My Music\-02-Easy Listening\Bic Runga\Drive\10 Delight.wma|
song10|0|0|stream?f=D:\My Music\-02-Easy Listening\Bic Runga\Drive\11 Without You.wma|

Lindsay
2008-04-06, 03:37 AM
The box that ran pchserve.exe never registered anything other than the prog name.

mvallevand
2008-04-06, 03:45 AM
I'm sure sub will give you some instructions which I won't repeat for a change, but you are going to have to reboot because of corrupt memory.

Before doing that can you confirm you have the latest firmware running by running this command

ls -lt /bin/mono

Martin

Lindsay
2008-04-06, 03:50 AM
-rwxr-xr-x 1 514 500 199103 Mar 13 01:30 /bin/mono

sub
2008-04-06, 03:52 AM
Yep, check the version of mono. Martin will have to confirm the version, I'm not able to check right now. I was getting a segmentation fault like this playing PLS files before I upgrade to the most recent version of the PCH firmware. Other than that, I'd wonder about possibly the firewall blocking port 7647.

mvallevand
2008-04-06, 03:53 AM
Thanks that's new alright, you can type reboot now (saves on the plug)

Martin

mvallevand
2008-04-06, 04:08 AM
Lindsay just so we compare apples and apples can you add this to you GBPVR library

"C:\Users\Public\Music\Sample Music"

I get this playlist and it works fine

song0|0|0|stream?f=C:\Users\Public\Music\Sample Music\Amanda.wma|
song1|0|0|stream?f=C:\Users\Public\Music\Sample Music\Despertar.wma|
song2|0|0|stream?f=C:\Users\Public\Music\Sample Music\Din Din Wo (Little Child).wma|
song3|0|0|stream?f=C:\Users\Public\Music\Sample Music\Distance.wma|
song4|0|0|stream?f=C:\Users\Public\Music\Sample Music\I Guess You're Right.wma|
song5|0|0|stream?f=C:\Users\Public\Music\Sample Music\I Ka Barra (Your Work).wma|
song6|0|0|stream?f=C:\Users\Public\Music\Sample Music\Love Comes.wma|
song7|0|0|stream?f=C:\Users\Public\Music\Sample Music\Muita Bobeira.wma|
song8|0|0|stream?f=C:\Users\Public\Music\Sample Music\OAM's Blues.wma|
song9|0|0|stream?f=C:\Users\Public\Music\Sample Music\One Step Beyond.wma|
song10|0|0|stream?f=C:\Users\Public\Music\Sample Music\Symphony_No_3.wma|

Martin

Lindsay
2008-04-06, 04:48 AM
Moved the sample music. Played one and got a Vista error "ffmpeg.exe has stopped working". I then could select tracks but nothing happened in the way of noise. But it didn't crash and need rebooting like before. GBPVR is still working.

My PLS file only had about half the tracks in it.

sub
2008-04-06, 04:58 AM
Do you have these patches applied: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=34269

mvallevand
2008-04-06, 05:09 AM
Even with the patches, music still goes in parallel through ffmpeg. I haven't worried about it because of the low drain on the system.

I just downgraded to sub's ffmpeg and I did have some problems with those Vista samples so more like Granny Smith and Delicious.

Martin

Lindsay
2008-04-06, 07:05 AM
Yes, the 3 patched files have been applied.

Lindsay
2008-04-06, 10:19 AM
I have also turned off my Vista firewall - no change.

mvallevand
2008-04-06, 12:21 PM
Lindsay the instructions to use the debug server in

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=268759&postcount=56

- Disable the normal web server and NMT extensions in config.

- Create a folder outside of the gbpvr folder and unzip the file in the attachment.

- from a command prompt run PCHServe.exe as a normal user you should get a prompt to allow it through your firewall if not you will have to add it to so that incoming tcp is allowed for

- use ctrl-c to close pchserve

- start it up again like this to capture output

pchserve.exe > pchcapture.log

- try to listen to Bic Runga again (Easy Listening indeed)

- zip up pchcapture.log and mail it. You might have to ctrl-c pchserve to do this.

Martin

writebac
2008-04-06, 08:24 PM
Hi Forum,

For those of us that aren't always well versed in our acronym list could someone please tell me what PCH is and why there is such a badge of distinction applied to receiveing an invite to purchase one?

I guess while were on the subject could someone tell me what NMT stands for as well?

Thanks for your time to explain,

Writebac

sub
2008-04-06, 08:27 PM
PCH is "PopCorn Hour". Its a device much like the Hauppauge MediaMVP, for playing videos/music on your TV, but is much newer and handles high definition video and many more file formats. See http://www.popcornhour.com/

The reason for the invite process is they havent manufactured as many of the devices as the number of people that want to buy one, so you currently have to get on the queue to buy one. They are ramping up production, so hopefully soon you'll just be able to buy one immediately rather than having to queue.

Lindsay
2008-04-06, 09:34 PM
Lindsay the instructions to use the debug server in

http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=268759&postcount=56

- Disable the normal web server and NMT extensions in config.

- Create a folder outside of the gbpvr folder and unzip the file in the attachment.

- from a command prompt run PCHServe.exe as a normal user you should get a prompt to allow it through your firewall if not you will have to add it to so that incoming tcp is allowed for

- use ctrl-c to close pchserve

- start it up again like this to capture output

pchserve.exe > pchcapture.log

- try to listen to Bic Runga again (Easy Listening indeed)

- zip up pchcapture.log and mail it. You might have to ctrl-c pchserve to do this.

Martin

PCHserve won't run outside the gbpvr directory. Complains about missing IO etc etc.

Yes, the FW did ask for it to be allowed (FW off now, anyway).

Playing any music produces same result. Flashing screen and nothing in phcserve log.

mvallevand
2008-04-06, 09:36 PM
The server component is the same and we expect the same results. Did you shut down the server to close the log?

Martin

Lindsay
2008-04-06, 09:51 PM
Yes. I also ran pchserve again in a DOS window with no log file re-direction and there is nothing displayed.

sub
2008-04-06, 09:59 PM
Ignoring MP3 playback for now, since there is some complications with the .PLS stuff, what happens when you try to play a .mpg file? Do you see the request arrive at PCHServe?

Lindsay
2008-04-06, 10:10 PM
Sure do. Heaps of logged stuff.

The mpg was running and I pressed 'Stop' to quit it. Screen went black with no response from any keys. Soft powered and saw an error screen, "Request cannot be processed". I get a lot of these and often you have to power down/reboot to get out of it.

sub
2008-04-06, 10:13 PM
Sure do. Heaps of logged stuff. Good. This at least proves the firewall is not getting in the way.

The mpg was running and I pressed 'Stop' to quit it. Screen went black with no response from any keys.If you press a key at this time, does the UI reappear?

Lindsay
2008-04-06, 10:14 PM
No.

sub
2008-04-06, 10:21 PM
Are you sure? Everyone else also gets a black screen after watching a video, but pressing a key brings it back.

If its definitely not, then we might need to see putty logs and GB-PVR logs covering an attempt to do this.

mvallevand
2008-04-06, 10:29 PM
Actually I think we need to diagnose the setup from the beginning and determine why you can't run the gbpvr.cgi script.

Do you have a restriction on the number of logins to the mvpmc share by any chance? This is on the Share tab on the Advanced button.

Martin

Lindsay
2008-04-06, 10:29 PM
Just repeated the exercise with same results. Nothing but black screen but if soft power, see error as reported above. I get this error when I click on GB-PVR instead of Telnetd as well.

New msge with logs to follow.

Lindsay
2008-04-06, 10:34 PM
Actually I think we need to diagnose the setup from the beginning and determine why you can't run the gbpvr.cgi script.

Do you have a restriction on the number of logins to the mvpmc share by any chance? This is on the Share tab on the Advanced button.

Martin

Agree. There is something fundamentally wrong here. Checked no. of users is default of 10.

mvallevand
2008-04-06, 10:43 PM
From telnet could you capture these commands. If you have share password enabled you will need to remove them so they aren't public.

cat /tmp/settings.lst

ls /opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/

ls /opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/[SMB] GODZILLA:mvpmc

ls /etc/mvpmc

Martin

Lindsay
2008-04-06, 10:48 PM
Logs for sub. Video stop key at 1038.

Lindsay
2008-04-06, 11:14 PM
For you, Martin. Think you might find some interesting things here. My second log shows contents of setting.txt as settings.lst is not there.

mvallevand
2008-04-06, 11:39 PM
Sorry you need to type or copy this

ls /opt/sybhttpd/localhost.drives/\[SMB\]\ GODZILLA:mvpmc

Martin

Lindsay
2008-04-06, 11:58 PM
Wow, that is convoluted syntax! Worked better, though!

mvallevand
2008-04-07, 02:46 AM
Lindsay could you make these three changes

1. rename gbpvr.cgi to script_1.cgi
2. edit telnet.html to use script_1.cgi
3. edit script.cgi and change the username to root from guest

then reboot and try again.

Martin

Lindsay
2008-04-07, 03:00 AM
No difference. Selected the GB-PVR option from white screen and it went to black with no pchserve logging.

mvallevand
2008-04-07, 03:05 AM
From telnet what does running the command mount display? I am running out of things to try. PCHServe logs only show up when media plays.

Martin

Lindsay
2008-04-07, 03:55 AM
logs here.

mvallevand
2008-04-07, 03:58 AM
Just for fun could you reboot, run telnet and issue the following command

cp /etc/mvpmc/script_1.cgi /opt/sybhttpd/default

Then from your PC in your browse try this url

http://ip_of_pch:8883/script_1.cgi

I'm curious to see if that starts mvpmcx2

Martin

Lindsay
2008-04-07, 04:03 AM
This time.

mvallevand
2008-04-07, 04:10 AM
The mount command showed me that Syabas is opening your share rw Maybe there is some issue have the same folder opened ro and rw so maybe trying modfiying ro to rw on the mount line in script.cgi

If this doesn't get it I don't have any other ideas. I'd still like the info I PM'd you about.

Martin

Lindsay
2008-04-07, 04:41 AM
It (mostly) works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea! :):):)

Would you believe a 'w' for an 'o' was the problem?

Music plays and I can stop it and get back to the UI.

Thanks SOOOOO much, Martin. Perhaps we need to re-work through this to see why only I seem to have had the problem. But you are due some time off, right now!

I still have a problem with losing the UI when I stop an mpg as reported earlier. I will see if sub can help with this as he was this morning.

Email on the way.

Thanks again.

mvallevand
2008-04-07, 05:00 AM
Whew that was the last guess too. The UI doesn't refresh quickly after a video plays, I've told sub about this from the beginning but I just move the right arrow key myself to force it, but it will eventually come back on its own.

Martin.

sub
2008-04-07, 06:15 AM
It (mostly) works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yea! :):):)Great!

I still have a problem with losing the UI when I stop an mpg as reported earlier. I will see if sub can help with this as he was this morning. After video playback stops it seems to take a few seconds before control returns to mvpmcx2, so try waiting 5 - 10 seconds after playback finishes, then press a key. According to your putty.log you didnt press a key after video playback completed - I can only guess you tried pressing it during this period after playback ends but before control returns to mvpmcx2?

sub
2008-04-07, 06:17 AM
BTW, you'll have to join the group of us that have requested AAC LATM audio on the NMT forums. Probably best to leave it a week or so since they've already had a couple of posts about it in the last few days. It already sounds like they hope to add support for it, but another person reminding them time to time can only help its relative priority...

Lindsay
2008-04-07, 08:21 AM
Thanks, guys, I have now discovered that the video does return after a wait. Also, will it be possible to make the loading of GBPVR a little less geeky? Can these rough edges be eliminated or are you too removed from the code?

Yep, will have to put my order in for AAC LATM!

mvallevand
2008-04-07, 03:09 PM
Great!

After video playback stops it seems to take a few seconds before control returns to mvpmcx2, so try waiting 5 - 10 seconds after playback finishes, then press a key. According to your putty.log you didnt press a key after video playback completed - I can only guess you tried pressing it during this period after playback ends but before control returns to mvpmcx2?

The PCH player typically returns control very quickly, less than one second, but it is GBPVR that is not sending a screen refresh for several seconds after the video plays. Using mvpmc I was able to store the screen but this is not practical on the PCH platform.

Martin

sub
2008-04-07, 04:25 PM
The PCH player typically returns control very quickly, less than one second, but it is GBPVR that is not sending a screen refresh for several seconds after the video plays. Using mvpmc I was able to store the screen but this is not practical on the PCH platform.
The control does seem to come back that quickly. Lindsay's putty.log is a prime example http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=268963&postcount=86. I see the same behaviour here.

mvpmcx2 produce a message like '(*) em86remote: received command' every time the user presses a button on the remote. At the end of mono playing the file he tried to press a key but that message didnt appear, and as a result no key was sent to GBPVR, so no screen was sent.

Sure, ultimately we dont want to have to send any key force the screen refresh after playback, but for now users seem to have to wait a few seconds after video playback completes before they can press a key and have it recognised by mvpmcx2.

mvallevand
2008-04-07, 04:36 PM
The control does seem to come back that quickly. Lindsay's putty.log is a prime example http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=268963&postcount=86. I see the same behaviour here.

mvpmcx2 produce a message like '(*) em86remote: received command' every time the user presses a button on the remote. At the end of mono playing the file he tried to press a key but that message didnt appear, and as a result no key was sent to GBPVR, so no screen was sent.

Sure, ultimately we dont want to have to send any key force the screen refresh after playback, but for now users seem to have to wait a few seconds after video playback completes before they can press a key and have it recognised by mvpmcx2.

I agree that Lindsay is not sending a key like the right arrow I recommended, but I use the GBPVR logs to see what is sent after mvpmcx2 sends after the stop command when it gains controls and I don't see any screen refresh even when the logs indicate it was requested by the client.

Martin

mvallevand
2008-04-07, 04:43 PM
PLS file below. There is also an mp3 file that won't play in WMP but I changed it to wma and while complaining about wrong format, WMP did play it.

song0|0|0|stream?f=D:\My Music\-02-Easy Listening\Bic Runga\Drive\01 Drive.wma|
song1|0|0|stream?f=D:\My Music\-02-Easy Listening\Bic Runga\Drive\02 Sway.wma|

Lindsay this playlist plays fine for me so unless it is the beta firmware I run, I suggest that there isn't a problem with the logic.

song0|0|0|stream?f=C:\My Music\-02-Easy Listening\Bic Runga\Drive\01 Drive.wma|
song1|0|0|stream?f=C:\My Music\-02-Easy Listening\Bic Runga\Drive\02 Sway.wma|
song2|0|0|stream?f=C:\My Music\-02-Easy Listening\Bic Runga\Drive\03 Hey.wma|
song3|0|0|stream?f=C:\My Music\-02-Easy Listening\Bic Runga\Drive\04 Bursting Through.wma|
song4|0|0|stream?f=C:\My Music\-02-Easy Listening\Bic Runga\Drive\05 Swim.wma|
song5|0|0|stream?f=C:\My Music\-02-Easy Listening\Bic Runga\Drive\06 Roll Into One.wma|
song6|0|0|stream?f=C:\My Music\-02-Easy Listening\Bic Runga\Drive\07 Suddenly Strange.wma|
song7|0|0|stream?f=C:\My Music\-02-Easy Listening\Bic Runga\Drive\08 Sorry.wma|
song8|0|0|stream?f=C:\My Music\-02-Easy Listening\Bic Runga\Drive\09 Heal.wma|
song9|0|0|stream?f=C:\My Music\-02-Easy Listening\Bic Runga\Drive\10 Delight.wma|
song10|0|0|stream?f=C:\My Music\-02-Easy Listening\Bic Runga\Drive\11 Without You.wma|

Martin

sub
2008-04-07, 05:47 PM
I agree that Lindsay is not sending a key like the right arrow I recommended, but I use the GBPVR logs to see what is sent after mvpmcx2 sends after the stop command when it gains controls and I don't see any screen refresh even when the logs indicate it was requested by the client.Yeah, I agree that it doesnt send any screen update until the first key. Thats not what I was saying though. I was saying it seems to take quite a while for mvpmcx2 to regain control after playback completes, and if the user press a key before that time then the key is swallowed, which is why lindsay didnt get a screen update even when he tried pressing a key after playback stopped. Its not something worth worrying about though.

Try the attached patch. It now sends a screen refresh when the GB-PVR receives the stop message.

sub
2008-04-07, 06:05 PM
Thanks, guys, I have now discovered that the video does return after a wait. Also, will it be possible to make the loading of GBPVR a little less geeky? Can these rough edges be eliminated or are you too removed from the code? Thats certainly the ultimate goal.

Your install seemed a bit more painful than other users, so I dont think yours was the typical experience. That said, there is a few setup complications at the moment:

- Most of the good PCH work has been done post 1.2.9, so currently the user has to apply patches to get this stuff working. This wil be resolved when I do the next release since this functionality will be rolled into the main release.

- Setting up mvpmcx2 current requires the user to edit scripts etc, mount shares etc. Syabas have indicated they'll add direct support for running user apps. We're hoping this will enable us to do something easier than what we have today. I suspect not though, and instead we'll solve it with some good instructions on exact steps to set it up.

Even in its current state, once the user has been through the current geeky process, its pretty easy to use - after starting the PCH, just click the GB-PVR link and it starts.

On the rough edges front, we're still working though stuff. If you'd tried it a few weeks ago you would have found a hell of a lot more rough edges (standard def UI, slower, problems play avi/mov files etc). For the specific screen refresh thing, try the patch above.

Lindsay
2008-04-07, 08:46 PM
Thanks for reply. When I mentioned the geeky start up I was not referring to the initial setup but to the process required to get to the GBPVR screen after turning on the PCH. I will describe what I do and you can tell me if I am doing it wrong!

- PCH loads and after about 90sec the Start screen appears.
- Select 'Files' icon.
- Select Telnetd link.
- Press 'Return' key on remote.
- Select GB-PVR link.

(Tried selecting GB-PVR link without the telnet phase and the system hangs).

sub
2008-04-07, 08:53 PM
I've done away with the need to run Telnetd by editing my gbpvr.cgi to:

#!/bin/sh

echo "Content-Length: 29";
echo "Content-type: text/html";
echo "";

#check if files have been copied
if [ -f /usr/bin/utelnetd ]
then
#try to start telnet
/etc/mvpmc/utelnetd -l /bin/sh -p 23 & >/dev/null
else
#else copy and start telnet
cd ~
mkdir /etc/mvpmc
mount -t cifs //192.168.0.22/mvpmc /etc/mvpmc/ -o username=guest,ro;
cp /etc/mvpmc/utelnetd /usr/bin;
utelnetd -l /bin/sh -p 23 &
ln -s /lib/librmjpeg.so /lib/libjpeg.so.62
ln -s /lib/librmzlib.so /lib/libz.so
ln -s /lib/librmzlib.so /lib/libz.so.1
ln -s /lib/librmzlib.so /lib/libz.so.123

fi

killall gaya
sh -c /etc/mvpmc/startmeup 2>/dev/null >/dev/null &

exit 0;

Lindsay
2008-04-07, 09:01 PM
OK. That's what I figured I could do, too. Thanks for saving me the trouble!

mvallevand
2008-04-07, 09:16 PM
Note that I don't support deviating at all from the survival instructions until after you get it working for many reasons,

- you have no idea what changes will be incorporated in future releases
- they could be incompatible with running other apps
- mod's won't be tested with new releases.
- it's one more thing for people to screw up.

As an example sub's script already totally messes up my documentation for running multiple PCH"s, explaining where to change ro to rw etc etc.

Martin

mvallevand
2008-04-07, 09:21 PM
Try the attached patch. It now sends a screen refresh when the GB-PVR receives the stop message.

That's perfect, this is actually what I wanted to see in the client

RDC_STOP
RDC_MENU
Display is state 0 0
Before 1280 40 0 640 576

Martin

sub
2008-04-07, 09:25 PM
Great.

Lindsay
2008-04-07, 10:46 PM
Note that I don't support deviating at all from the survival instructions until after you get it working for many reasons,

- you have no idea what changes will be incorporated in future releases
- they could be incompatible with running other apps
- mod's won't be tested with new releases.
- it's one more thing for people to screw up.

As an example sub's script already totally messes up my documentation for running multiple PCH"s, explaining where to change ro to rw etc etc.

Martin

Point taken. I fully understand and will keep to the original.

Lindsay
2008-04-07, 11:19 PM
That 'stopped video' patch works great here, too, sub. Big tick for that.

UncleJohnsBand
2008-04-08, 08:54 PM
Good news! (I Think) My CC was charged yesterday so I am assuming that it means that my PCH is shipping. :D

sub
2008-04-08, 10:11 PM
Great. I'm sure you'll be happy with it.

ggee
2008-04-09, 12:46 AM
Woohoo! It can in the mail today. Now to see how many patches to GBPVR1.2.9 I need to add. I see a few.

Are there other besides the patch pack here? http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=34269. Can that thread be used a NMT survival guide? :)

Happy Greg

sub
2008-04-09, 01:04 AM
Are there other besides the patch pack here? http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=34269. Can that thread be used a NMT survival guide? :)Just start with that set. I think there was only one newer patch, but you can worry about that one later.

mvallevand
2008-04-09, 01:13 AM
I've got a patch or two in the works too, just follow the updates as sub and I learn more about what we are working with.

Martin

UncleJohnsBand
2008-04-19, 01:40 AM
Had to post......PCH came today!! :D I was up and running in about 20 minutes....only problem I had was getting the telnet thing to work on my network....still doesn't complete like the instructions say....but it must run enogh to mount whatever needs to get mounted because I can get to GPBVR without issue.

This is way cool....it is much better than the MVP. Time to retire the MVP to the bedroom.... :D

zed
2008-04-19, 02:25 AM
Good to hear it's easy to get up & running. I got on the list last week. How long did it take to get yours?

UncleJohnsBand
2008-04-19, 02:33 AM
Good to hear it's easy to get up & running. I got on the list last week. How long did it take to get yours?

Total time was a little less than 2 months....from the time I signed up till I got it.

sub
2008-04-19, 03:21 AM
Had to post......PCH came today!! :D I was up and running in about 20 minutes....only problem I had was getting the telnet thing to work on my network....still doesn't complete like the instructions say....but it must run enogh to mount whatever needs to get mounted because I can get to GPBVR without issue.

This is way cool....it is much better than the MVP. Time to retire the MVP to the bedroom.... :DCongrats.

zed
2008-04-19, 03:32 AM
Total time was a little less than 2 months....from the time I signed up till I got it.

OK, looks like it'll be a few more weeks for me then. Guess I'll just have to be patient. Wonder which'll arrive first...the PCH or the HV-PVR...

UncleJohnsBand
2008-04-19, 03:42 AM
OK, looks like it'll be a few more weeks for me then. Guess I'll just have to be patient. Wonder which'll arrive first...the PCH or the HV-PVR...

Next up for me is the HDHomerun (http://www.silicondust.com/wiki/products/hdhomerun).

Barsk
2008-04-19, 08:08 AM
Here in Sweden these devices are coming into stock now. So I actually found out about the PCH about one week ago, and since three days I am an owner! :)

For swedish viewers Kjell & Company and Teknikmagasinet has them in stock, among others.

zed
2008-04-21, 02:50 PM
I got my pre-order invite this morning. They say there'll be a batch available around April 28 and one around May 12. I signed up on April 6. Looking forward to receiving it.

martint123
2008-04-21, 04:33 PM
I got my pre-order invite this morning. They say there'll be a batch available around April 28 and one around May 12. I signed up on April 6. Looking forward to receiving it.

Got mine as well.

Must start reading up on it! (any quick pointer to an idiot guide, to save wading through old posts?) I did see a sticky so I'll start there.

-stattik-
2008-04-21, 08:03 PM
Got mine the same day UJB. Got GBPVR up up and working after a few tweaks. Currently I'm using NTSC composite output to my TV. 640x480 seems best. I even had LiveTV working with a 1080i broadcast for a little while. Seems that I can't rewind when watching mpg's captured with my pvr150 and A/V sync drops when fast-forwarding AVI files but I'm hoping that to get resolved in the future.

mvallevand
2008-04-21, 09:32 PM
Currently I'm using NTSC composite output to my TV. 640x480 seems best. I even had LiveTV working with a 1080i broadcast for a little while.

What do you mean by a little while? I do the same thing so I can watch the hockey playoffs widescreen and I am having no problems with live tv for 5+ hours straight.

Martin

jonb1974
2008-04-22, 11:54 AM
Got my invite, I was 17,xxx

-stattik-
2008-04-22, 07:27 PM
What do you mean by a little while? I do the same thing so I can watch the hockey playoffs widescreen and I am having no problems with live tv for 5+ hours straight.

Martin

Sorry about that, I should have been more clear. It ran fine, then I went back to the TV guide and tried it again and it didn't work. Then I went back to the TV guide again and then it worked for a different channel.

Are you familiar with the lack of rewind issues with PVR150 captures or is it specific to my setup?

mvallevand
2008-04-22, 09:48 PM
The live tv issue looks more like something for sub (ie open a new thread, post logs etc.

The rewind issue might be the PCH certainly there are some issues with FF/RW on certain video file type. The best thing to do is install the myiHome software from Syabas and see how the file works with it. http://support.popcornhour.com/article.aspx?id=1007

If it doesn't work, search out or open a new report on the NMT forums http://www.networkedmediatank.com/index.php

Martin

-stattik-
2008-04-23, 04:43 AM
The live tv issue looks more like something for sub (ie open a new thread, post logs etc.

I testing it again tonight and it working correctly so it may have been a temporary glitch.

The rewind issue might be the PCH certainly there are some issues with FF/RW on certain video file type. The best thing to do is install the myiHome software from Syabas and see how the file works with it. http://support.popcornhour.com/article.aspx?id=1007

I agree. I've tested it with SMB and HTTP streaming and both work the same. Captured MPG's FF but don't rewind. Skipping ahead/behind in 30sec increments works fine though so I've been doing that.

I have to say, now that I've taken a closer look at this solution, it's pretty amazing considering how new this product is. Thanks to sub and Martin for the great work.

Barsk
2008-04-23, 06:15 AM
For the GB-PVR integration, I was wondering what the -m pal and --display options actually do, and the corresponding width and height settings. What exactly do they control and what does it affect? For instance does it affectactual playback on the PCH at all or is that entirely up to the PCH to handle by itself?

If I change width and height - what does it actually affect? Has it any relation to aspect ratio handling on the PCH?

mvallevand
2008-04-23, 09:50 PM
I'd prefer to see new questions at least a little bit on topic to help those coming afterwards find the right answers.

Martin

Azimuth
2008-04-25, 02:10 AM
I bid on one on ebay last night not expecting to win. well... i have one on the way... LOL

psycik
2008-04-25, 02:27 AM
Mine should turn up on Monday - apparently it's in the country.....

Barsk
2008-04-25, 06:47 AM
I'd prefer to see new questions at least a little bit on topic to help those coming afterwards find the right answers.

Martin

Well, I'd have to say that this thread is already quite OT. It's about PCH pre-ordered...But you are right, I'll take these questions to another thread where it belongs. Sorry.

zed
2008-04-25, 08:02 PM
My credit card was charged yesterday for the PCH so maybe it'll be in the April 28th batch... :)

martint123
2008-04-25, 08:41 PM
My credit card was charged yesterday for the PCH so maybe it'll be in the April 28th batch... :)

I've just seen mine was as well..... Panic begins to set in. I've still done no reading.

UncleJohnsBand
2008-04-25, 08:50 PM

I've just seen mine was as well..... Panic begins to set in. I've still done no reading.

It was about 7 business days from the time my card was charged until I had mine. It comes US Priority Mail.

zed
2008-04-26, 01:20 AM
It was about 7 business days from the time my card was charged until I had mine. It comes US Priority Mail.

Well, I hope they don't forget the front panel cover... :D

UncleJohnsBand
2008-04-26, 01:23 AM
Well, I hope they don't forget the front panel cover... :D

There is a front panel...it just doesn't have any printing on it and no cover for the lights.....the replacement cover shipped today. :D

psycik
2008-04-27, 10:19 PM
whoohoo mine turned up today - bugger, why am I at work, just want to be at home and have a play.

Lindsay
2008-04-27, 11:35 PM
Don't stay up too late tonight!!

sub
2008-04-28, 12:11 AM
whoohoo mine turned up today - bugger, why am I at work, just want to be at home and have a play.Yep - hate that.

Yours also seemed to followed the pattern of everything that gets sent to me from overseas - tracking indicates that it arrives in the country late in the week meaning I have to wait all the way to Monday morning for it to be delivered to me. Why cant things arrive a day or so earlier in the week so that it can be at my house by Friday (so I can have it for the weekend)?

psycik
2008-04-28, 01:32 AM
Yep - hate that.

Yours also seemed to followed the pattern of everything that gets sent to me from overseas - tracking indicates that it arrives in the country late in the week meaning I have to wait all the way to Monday morning for it to be delivered to me. Why cant things arrive a day or so earlier in the week so that it can be at my house by Friday (so I can have it for the weekend)?

Yeah mine hit and left Auckland on Thursday so it took 3 days to get here....I was climbing the walls by this morning.

Lindsay, I wont, thanks for caring!! :D

gazoo
2008-04-28, 05:07 PM
For U.S. customers, how long has it been taking from order to receipt?

-stattik-
2008-04-28, 06:05 PM
Two weeks from order, one week to ship.

martint123
2008-04-30, 02:06 PM
I'm getting impatient...........

April 30 2008 3:56 PM - Shipment picked up - Shenzhen, China

sub
2008-04-30, 05:05 PM
I got a global mail-out this morning from popcornhour, and it sounds like there is no more waiting list and anyone can now place an order.

martint123
2008-04-30, 09:02 PM
Yup, on their website it looks like the invitation phase is over and straight into pre-orders.
I hope some of these ebay types get their fingers burnt.

wtg
2008-05-05, 07:34 PM
Yep - hate that.

True to form, I received my PCH today - bah!! The week is busy every day and evening and my 13 yr old's birthday party is this coming weekend! Of course. If it had come in last Friday I'd have had it up already, but now I probably can't even touch it for 8-10 days unless I give up some of the 6 hours of sleep I get each night. Argh!

Guess I'm not sleepin' :)

sub
2008-05-05, 07:37 PM
Yep, I know all about that.... :D

zed
2008-05-05, 07:58 PM
My card was charged two weeks ago but no PCH yet. Google checkout still shows 'Not yet shipped'... :(

wtg
2008-05-05, 08:03 PM
Don't get too discouraged Zed... my card was charged on April 24th and the Google Checkout status still says "Not yet shipped".

Clearly updating the shipping status is not their highest priority.

martint123
2008-05-05, 08:12 PM
I think the US routing is different. My card was also charged on the 24th and the tracking is:-

5/4/2008 9:17 pm Clearance processing complete East Midlands, United Kingdom
9:17 pm Depart Facility East Midlands, United Kingdom
5/3/2008 10:13 pm Processing for clearance East Midlands, United Kingdom
5/2/2008 4:44 pm Transit through DHL facility Leipzig, Germany
4:07 am Depart Facility Hong Kong - Hub, Hong Kong
3:54 am Processed at DHL Location. Hong Kong - Hub, Hong Kong
5/1/2008 8:25 pm Processed at DHL Location. Hong Kong - Hub, Hong Kong
5:33 pm Transit through DHL facility Hong Kong - Hub, Hong Kong
3:37 pm Depart Facility Shenzhen, China, People's Republic
3:36 pm Processed at DHL Location. Shenzhen, China, People's Republic
10:16 am Transit through DHL facility Shenzhen, China, People's Republic
4/30/2008 11:54 pm Processed at DHL Location. Shenzhen, China, People's Republic
11:54 pm Departing origin. Shenzhen, China, People's Republic
3:56 pm Shipment picked up Shenzhen, China, People's Republic

Next stop - home!

zed
2008-05-06, 02:36 AM
Don't get too discouraged Zed... my card was charged on April 24th and the Google Checkout status still says "Not yet shipped".

Clearly updating the shipping status is not their highest priority.

Apparently not...it arrived about an hour ago. :D

However, my wife is watching the D'backs/Phillies game on the TV so it'll probably be tomorrow evening before I can play with it. Don't wanna start out on the wrong foot WAF-wise. She'll be glad to get rid of the noisy computer in there, tho...

martint123
2008-05-06, 09:16 AM
Mine is now on the courier truck.

I've just installed an ancient hauppauge tuner card which has composite in, so that I can play and tweak on the same machine to see what is going on without the three flights of stairs between tweaks.

jonb1974
2008-05-06, 09:50 AM
Just got mine, powerful little thing. Added a hard drive also.

zed
2008-05-07, 03:39 AM
Found some time to play with the new PCH tonight. Got it working with GB-PVR without much hassle, at 1080i, even. Seems to work OK so far altho it does remind me of the MVP wrt menu changes...not as snappy as a PC client but certainly workable. I'll dink with it some more tomorrow. So far, so good.

mvallevand
2008-05-07, 03:47 AM
As I said to wtg here http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=274821&postcount=3 running the OSD at 1080 isn't worth it and it is probably why it reminds you a bit about the MVP. 720 look great and it is much faster (assuming you have the incremental updates turned on of course).

Martin

sub
2008-05-07, 03:56 AM
It Works! Great.

I'd agree with martin about running the UI at 720p. Much snappier.

dirkomatic
2008-05-07, 04:01 AM
If you are used to a TiVO, running the GUI at 1080i even seems quick.

zed
2008-05-08, 01:24 AM
Great.

I'd agree with martin about running the UI at 720p. Much snappier.

Yep, it sure is. Thanks for the tip.