PDA

View Full Version : MVPMC goes back to main menu

blaster556
2008-04-29, 02:54 AM
I'm running GBPVR 1.2.9 with mvpmc dongle 0.3.4.

The dongle is booted from a Solaris 10 box and works fine with my ReplayTVs, the weather, etc.

When I select emulation mode from the main menu, it goes into GBPVR mode just fine. I can browse the TV guide and recorded shows. But if I select a recorded show to play, or live TV, the screen goes blank for about 5 seconds and then back to the main menu.

I have disabled my windows firewall.

Any thoughts as to why it's doing this?

Thanks for any help.

mvallevand
2008-04-29, 03:01 AM
If you upload your GBPVR logs I will have a look.

Martin.

blaster556
2008-04-29, 03:34 AM
Here are the log files.

The first attempt was to watch a recorded show. I see this in the logs:

2008-04-28 22:13:26.756 VERBOSE [7] Opening media file: K:\tv\MVP000DFE008EB42.mpg
2008-04-28 22:13:26.759 ERROR [7] Media stream thread caught exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'K:\tv\MVP000DFE008EB42.mpg'.
File name: 'K:\tv\MVP000DFE008EB42.mpg'
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
at GBPVRX2.MVP.x3ca133dee7547455.xf9d81bb81f7c2ff0()
2008-04-28 22:13:26.761 VERBOSE [7] VideoPlayer.Stop()

I don't understand why it's looking for k:\tv\mvp000DFE008EB42.mpg?

The last attempt was to watch live TV. I don't see anything obvious there.

Thanks for any help...

sub
2008-04-29, 03:42 AM
When you watch live tv on the MVP, it effectively starts a recording, then starts playing the file. The MVP can only play standard definition .mpg files, with MPEG1 Layer 2 audio. You're trying to do watch an ATSC channel, which will have AC3 audio (incompatible with MVP) and potentially HD video (incompatible with MVP), and recording it to a .dvr-ms file which the MVP also cant play.

Unfortunately the MVP isnt well suited to this sort of television signal. Its better paired with analog MPEG2 encoder cards like the PVR150 etc, which recording standard def .mpg files. Alternatively the Popcorn Hour extender could be used instead of the MVP.

mvallevand
2008-04-29, 03:44 AM
This particular problem is because you are trying a watch a DVR-MS file which isn't going to work going to the MVP but GBPVR is trying to do on-the-fly transcoding anyway

I would suggest trying another mux, but most (maybe all) digital SD or HD in the US will use AC3 audio so are going to have other issues with livetv. If you use the TS Mux you might be able to watch digital recordings if your machine is powerful enough but you will have to modify config.xml to transcode the ts file.

Martin

blaster556
2008-04-29, 03:47 AM
Unfortunately the MVP isnt well suited to this sort of television signal. Its better paired with analog MPEG2 encoder cards like the PVR150 etc, which recording standard def .mpg files. Alternatively the Popcorn Hour extender could be used instead of the MVP.

Oh, bummer. :(. So I suppose it would be too much computing resources to down sample in real time?

Are there any thin clients like the MVP that work with HD TV? And have a HDMI output as well?

mvallevand
2008-04-29, 03:51 AM
At least I answered the question on down sampling before sub!

He already responded to your second question, it is the Popcorn Hour.

Martin

blaster556
2008-04-29, 03:52 AM
I would suggest trying another mux, but most (maybe all) digital SD or HD in the US will use AC3 audio so are going to have other issues with livetv. If you use the TS Mux you might be able to watch digital recordings if your machine is powerful enough but you will have to modify config.xml to transcode the ts file.

Martin

Thanks Martin...

I can see where to select TS Mux. If I select that, how does that affect the rest of GB PVR? How do I modify config.xml?

I'm not real interested in live TV with the MVP, just recordings.

sub
2008-04-29, 03:52 AM
Oh, bummer. :(. So I suppose it would be too much computing resources to down sample in real time?Sorry, but there is no chance this is going to happen for live tv. As martin suggested above, if you record to .ts files and have the program transcode it to a standard definition file at playback time, but you need to have a fairly grunty machine for this to work, but it comes with several limitations, and doesnt apply to live tv.

Are there any thin clients like the MVP that work with HD TV? And have a HDMI output as well?As I mentioned above, the Popcorn Hour is a pretty good option. Its not very fast changing channels in live tv due to the buffering it does, but otherwise its pretty damn good (has HDMI, does HighDef etc).

mvallevand
2008-04-29, 03:58 AM
You need to change the values in

<MVPFFmpegTranscodeTS>

to those in

<MVPFFmpegTranscodeCmdLineNTSC>

Martin