PDA

View Full Version : Helius MediaMVP and MVPMC

`ariel
2008-05-17, 04:04 AM
anyone here have one of this version of the MediaMVP ?? the one that come with the rf-output.
the case is, in this MVP i wasn't unable to load the mvpmc dongle, i follow step by step this link [ http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=24372 ] and nothing. i don't know the real revision of this mvp since the label that says Rev E1M was just on top of the real revision that says Rev E1.

i hope i as clear with this ;)

mvallevand
2008-05-17, 04:21 AM
Unplug and plugin your MVP again then zip and upload you GBPVR logs and I will have a look.

Martin

`ariel
2008-05-17, 06:05 PM
here 2 logs from my gbpvr, one using mvpmc dongle failing and the other one is using the GB-PVR default dongle, with the default dongle there are no problems...

note: log.zip is log.rar, i just renamed it.

mvallevand
2008-05-17, 09:14 PM
How is your network configured? mvpmc needs to be able to find a dhcp server to work so it either needs to be attached to a router with dhcp or if you are cross-connected there must be a similar server running on your PC. I actually didn't know GB-PVR implemented BOOTP but from the logs is looks like sub has.

Martin

`ariel
2008-05-17, 09:44 PM
on my Windows Home Server i install DHCP Turbo, i have a 3com OfficeConnect Dual speed switch to inter-connect the WHS,my PC,my laptop,another server (VMware Box) and the MVPs. yes the DHCPd is running without problems.

mvallevand
2008-05-17, 10:17 PM
To me it doesn't look like DHCP Turbo is assigning the IP. If you are sure that it is, make sure that you have it assigned to give out an IP in the same subnet 10.10.10.xx

Martin

`ariel
2008-05-18, 12:10 AM
yes it is, when i change the mvpmc.bin to dongle.bin in Config.exe the MVP just work fine using the fixed ip that i say to DHCP Turbo to assign to this MVP. i`ll keep trying to get it loading the mvpmc........