PDA

View Full Version : zsnes returns to GBPVR but doesn't restore resolution

Torquewrench
2008-06-17, 02:46 AM
Hi,

ZSnes is running fine, I have it set to 640x480 DR F. When it enters ZSnes it changes resolution, but returning to GBPVR the resolution doesn't change back so the screen is crowded to the top of the screen. Exiting GBPVR and re-entering cures the problem, but I don't want to have to do that. How can I cure this?

Thanks,

Torquewrench

idkpmiller
2008-06-17, 09:59 AM
I will take a look at it, but it would seem its really an issue that should be resolved by the emulator not gamezone, I will get back to you

cheers

idkpmiller
2008-06-17, 10:12 AM
Ok I had a quick look and it seems fine on my development system!

Can you give more information about your setting say a screen shot of you zsnes setup within gamezone and you windows resolution. I will see if I can replicate the issue.

Cheers

Torquewrench
2008-06-17, 09:55 PM
Will do as soon as I can get to the computer. Thanks!

Torquewrench
2008-06-18, 04:44 AM
Here are the config screens...

Thanks,

TW

idkpmiller
2008-06-18, 08:37 AM
I have tried to emulate your settings as much as I can, I found no issue with creen resolution not returning to the original setting after the emulator closed.

A few things that I noticed from your configs different to mine.

1. sampling rate I have set to 8000
2. format I have set to Auto
3. I have triple buffer enabled
4. I use rom extensions of SMC not ZIP

How are you quiting the emulator? perhaps this the difference between our setups. Another thing to try is try using the XtraEmulator feature of GameZone and see if it still happens, have a play with the "Use shell" option see if it makes a difference.

I would appreciate any comments from other users of ZSnes, Anyone?

Cheers

idkpmiller
2008-06-18, 08:50 AM
stupid question, have you tried googling for similar issue?

I did a google and came up with this but there seems to be a few posts around in this area.

http://board.zsnes.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=94301&

Cheerss

pastro
2008-06-18, 03:15 PM
I have tried to emulate your settings as much as I can, I found no issue with creen resolution not returning to the original setting after the emulator closed.

A few things that I noticed from your configs different to mine.

1. sampling rate I have set to 8000
2. format I have set to Auto
3. I have triple buffer enabled
4. I use rom extensions of SMC not ZIP

How are you quiting the emulator? perhaps this the difference between our setups. Another thing to try is try using the XtraEmulator feature of GameZone and see if it still happens, have a play with the "Use shell" option see if it makes a difference.

I would appreciate any comments from other users of ZSnes, Anyone?

Cheers

Mine used to work fine, but I haven't installed it on the latest gamezone. I'll do that tonight.

idkpmiller
2008-06-18, 08:59 PM
Cheers Pastro will be great to see third viewpoint

pastro
2008-06-19, 03:54 AM
Cheers Pastro will be great to see third viewpoint

Mine works fine with zsnes. I do not have any of the windows compatibility switches set either. I am using ATI graphics if that matters.

idkpmiller
2008-06-19, 06:17 AM
Thanks Pastro.

@TorqueWrench
Have you found out any other information that may assist in locating the issue?
It is currently is looking more like a local setup "thing" than a GameZone issue.

Cheers