PDA

View Full Version : LiveTV OK on PC not on MVP?

jksmurf
2008-08-10, 07:28 AM
Hi Martin

OK after a reinstall, wipe, regclean and replacement of db file plus config.xml, added Xrecord & MoviewIZ plugins, I am "almost" back to normal" BUT .... LiveTV is OK on PC and not on the MVP?

k.

mvallevand
2008-08-10, 09:54 AM
Does D:\GBPVRLiveTVBuffer exist?

Martin

jksmurf
2008-08-10, 12:56 PM
Yes, with Guest, Admin and Admin Share and Security Permissions ?? :confused:

k.

mvallevand
2008-08-10, 12:58 PM
Can you change it to a local drive and see if it works.

Martin

jksmurf
2008-08-10, 02:08 PM
Local Drive? Sorry I'm not sure what you mean? It's not a network drive. You mean use // syntax?

k.

mvallevand
2008-08-10, 03:05 PM
Your reply made it sound like it was a network drive. I don't see anything other than the folder name.

Martin

jksmurf
2008-08-10, 03:12 PM
Nope, D: is a physical disk and D:\GBPVRLiveTVBuffer is a folder on that disk. Must be share or firewall issue though as the behaviour on teh PCH is the same.

Funnily enough, when I pause LiveTV on the PC I also do NOT get a file that grows in the GBPVRLiveTVBuffer dir. It used to grow OK.

k.

wpward
2008-09-03, 05:28 PM
I'm having the same problem. LiveTV is fine on the PC, but through mvp it doesn't work. I click the hauppauge remote button (the OK button) and it just sits there. Hitting up or down doesn't move the selection on the screen, so I know it's trying to play. Oddly, if I hit "Back" on the remote, it'll free up and I can navigate the onscreen menu again. logs.zip contains the logs as they were after I hit OK but before I hit Back. logs2.zip contains the logs as they were after I hit Back. logs2.zip only contains the pvrx2 log because, according to the changed file timestamps, nothing else changed. To my untrained eye, I see nothing weird in the logs, but that doesn't mean much. :)

Similar situation as jksmurf. I totally reinstalled Windows Vista for an unrelated issue, and installed the latest version of gbpvr (where previously, I was on 1.2.9). Haven't installed any plugins.

Other than this issue, everything else went very smoothly with the gbpvr install.

sub
2008-09-03, 05:30 PM
Can you reproduce the problem then zip and attach a complete set of logs?

mvallevand
2008-09-03, 06:29 PM
Just in case this thread gets added to again jksmurf actually followed up on this in another thread http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=36966
and the problem did turn out to be with the recording directory.

Martin

wpward
2008-09-04, 01:24 AM
Yup, turned out to be the same problem as described in the other thread. I will post there.