PDA

View Full Version : PCH new firmware

psycik
2008-08-23, 06:52 AM
- Fixed ts clips audio detection error for Breakfast_20080708_06300900.ts

Wondering if this is related to DVB-S with TS mux not finding the audio. Certainly looks like the breakfast program we have here in nz.....

Might have to look at the new firmware, and i may b able to drop the cyberlink mux.

sub
2008-08-23, 05:26 PM
Thats the name of the sample file I provided them relating to DVB-S on TS Mux, so it sounds like it. Yay!

psycik
2008-08-23, 10:01 PM
I'll try and download the firmware today and see what happens. Just trying to get my head around the script changes.

psycik
2008-08-23, 10:33 PM
Cool can confirm that works... ts mux on DVB-S and getting sound.

psycik
2008-08-23, 10:34 PM
Ahh and just noticed it's reporting the freeviewHD (ac3) sound format correctly now as AC3 not DTS....

sub
2008-08-23, 10:38 PM
Nice to see some useful changes being made.

mvallevand
2008-08-23, 11:07 PM
I need both your help to make this version even better so now seems like a good time to talk about changes in the newly distributed mvpmcx2

1. to display images over music with the command line option
--nmt-playlist-sync x2 will send a FF or RW when the user changes songs and a FF at end of song. Currently ML doesn't react and ML2/3 the playlist starts overs but at least you can play and tell me what more is needed to switch tracks.

Once that is resolved we can start passing images once the PCHServe web server allows jpegs. It might be nice if the web server accepted the values in config.xml for video/music/images.

2. x2 will play files from a shared PCH drive but it can't use 8.3 filenames

3. img files are supported for iso's

4. I can easily enable mkv playing from shares using the dvd logic too, but I need long filenames if mkv playing becomes too much of a problem.

5. <MVPTranscodeOGG>false</MVPTranscodeOGG> does not seem to work

6. mpvmcx2 won't die if video OSD streams are passed (ie subtitles) or colour buttons pushed.

In the next version I think resume will be supported too so we are going to need an another update to get this going

Martin

sub
2008-08-24, 12:26 AM
2. x2 will play files from a shared PCH drive but it can't use 8.3 filenames

4. I can easily enable mkv playing from shares using the dvd logic too, but I need long filenames if mkv playing becomes too much of a problem.I've added a <MVPUseShortFilenamesOnNMT> setting in config.xml for the next release. If set to 'false' it'll send the original long filenames.

5. <MVPTranscodeOGG>false</MVPTranscodeOGG> does not seem to workThere was a typo. I've fixed it for the next build. It was looking for <MVPTranscodeOOG>

mvallevand
2008-08-24, 03:27 AM
Good stuff, I might go back to mvpmc and see if I can output the file name on the mvpmc LCD! It was too ugly before but I can do this now.

Martin