PDA

View Full Version : MAME Shuts Down

ViperDragon
2008-09-01, 12:40 AM
I have been trying to get MAME to run with GameZone 2.6 but when I start up a MAME game it tries by opening the window then shuts down. I can get the game to run if I use the front end GUI MAMEFX32 or if I open MAME from the command line. I have tried various configs but nothing is working. I was thinking it's GBPVR because the game works as stated prior. I included the log files and a screen shot of the current MAME setup in config. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

ViperDragon

idkpmiller
2008-09-02, 07:28 AM
Hi,

In your logs (pvrx2.exe.log) there is the following line:

2008-08-31 18:33:34.687 INFO [1] GameZone: Mame launched C:\Games\Emulators\MAME\Mame.exe "C:\Games\Emulators\MAME\roms\1943.zip" -skip_gameinfo -switchres -screen_aspect 4:3 -joystick -ctrlr default

What you should try is opening a cmd prompt and cd to

C:\Games\Emulators\MAME\

then run the command:

C:\Games\Emulators\MAME\Mame.exe "C:\Games\Emulators\MAME\roms\1943.zip" -skip_gameinfo -switchres -screen_aspect 4:3 -joystick -ctrlr default

this will open up mame from your command prompt with exactly the same settings that gamezone is using, I suspect you may not have a mame default controller file which you have selected in your config. the recommended setting as per the messgae when you hover your mouse over is to use "Game Specific"

Let me know how you get on

Cheers

ViperDragon
2008-09-03, 06:51 PM
Changing to "Game Specific" for the controller config did it! Thanks for the help!