PDA

View Full Version : Config not loading

Khurram
2008-09-24, 04:57 AM
I am trying to load a config on the mvpmc, but am getting nowhere. My config is as follows:

mkdir /winshares;
mkdir /winshares/mp3s;
mount.cifs //<ip>/mp3s /winshares/mp3s/ -o user=<user>,password=<pwd>,rsize=34000;
mvpmc --vlc <ip> --emulate <ip> --startup emulate &

These commands work okay if I telnet to the MVP. I have created an mvpmc share on my machine and given the guest account read access. But the config is still not loading. I have the correct ip in /etc/tftp.config. I keep on getting a file if I telnet to MVP and type "ls -lt /etc/dongle.config". The mvpmc wiki says that this means I have an error in the command line, but I cant figure it out. I am also attaching the log.

Thanks.

mvallevand
2008-09-24, 05:10 AM
That does look ok, if you

cat /etc/dongle.config

do you see the correct file?

Martin

Khurram
2008-09-24, 07:18 AM
Wow, fast reply. The /etc/dongle.config file is empty.

Thanks.

mvallevand
2008-09-24, 11:46 AM
That sounds like you don't have the correct share permissions on the dongle.bin.config file or the share itself. You should see the remote drive and dongle.bin.config when you do this

ls /etc/mvpmc

Martin

Khurram
2008-09-24, 02:18 PM
I do have a share called mvpmc, the user guest has all permissions on both the physical folder and the share, and the folder's file (dongle.bin.config) inherit permissions. Everything seems to be in place, but it still doesnt work :(

The only thing that I can think of is that I dont use Simple File Sharing. So if that is what is required for it to work, then I guess I have to forget about it.

Khurram
2008-09-26, 07:34 AM
Is it the loading of the config only possible using the guest account? After telnetting to the MediaMVP, I can use another (non-guest) account to mount the mvpmc share without problems. If so, can I specify a user name/password to use for accessing the mvpmc share?

mvallevand
2008-09-26, 11:48 AM
The only way that would be possible would be by compiling your own dongle.bin file. If you have a linux machine with a development environment it is not actually not that difficult since the process is automated.

Martin

Khurram
2008-09-26, 01:20 PM
Yes, I do have a ubuntu machine. Where do I get info on obtaining the sources?

Edit:

I have been reading up on mvpmc wiki, especially this link http://mvpmc.wikispaces.com/developer.compile

I am getting the dependencies now. Lets see how it compiles on Gutsy. Can you please tell me where I need to make the edits in the source?

Thanks.

mvallevand
2008-09-26, 09:03 PM
Good luck, once you have the cross compiler built it won't be too bad but that first couple of hours is a pain.

The file is

dongle/filesystem/tree/etc/rcS

change line 209

mount.cifs "//${TFTP}/mvpmc" /etc/mvpmc -o guest,ro ;

to

mount.cifs "//${TFTP}/mvpmc" /etc/mvpmc -o username=xxxx,password=xxxx,ro ;

Technically you can build your entire config file in rcS and you don't need a config file at all.

Martin

Khurram
2008-09-27, 12:13 AM
Thanks for your help. I will try it out and post back here.

I think there might be another way thru NFS file sharing if I use cygwin+nfs. Does the guest restriction apply to nfs shares also?

mvallevand
2008-09-27, 12:18 AM
To use NFS to load the config file you still would need to compile the dongle. If you are looking at options with cygwin you could install a tftp server to serve dongle.bin.config

Martin

Khurram
2008-09-27, 07:07 PM
To use NFS to load the config file you still would need to compile the dongle.

I mean an NFS mounted share. In this case, I shouldnt be needing to compile the dongle.

If you are looking at options with cygwin you could install a tftp server to serve dongle.bin.config

Is there a howto about it?

Thanks.

mvallevand
2008-09-27, 07:34 PM
Sorry there is no how to on this other the stuff on the mvpmc wiki dealing with a real tftp server and I only support a guest share or any standard tftp server such as tftp32

The login script will not attempt to mount an nfs drive, it uses a totally different syntax command syntax.

Martin

Khurram
2008-09-30, 08:25 AM
I followed the instructions in the developer docs for Ubuntu, downloaded the packages and changed the rcS according to your instructions. But running make mvpmc gives an error. The last few lines are:

make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/djmount/mvp/djmount-0.71/djmount'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/djmount/mvp/djmount-0.71/djmount'
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/djmount/mvp/djmount-0.71'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/djmount/mvp/djmount-0.71'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/djmount/mvp/djmount-0.71'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/djmount/mvp/djmount-0.71'
make: *** [mvp] Error 2

Btw, I sudo'd to root before running the first "git clone ...." command.

mvallevand
2008-09-30, 09:30 AM
The command you want is

make mvp

Does that help?

Martin

Khurram
2008-09-30, 10:52 AM
No, make mvp still gives an error but the last few lines are different:

test -z "/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/install/mvp/include/tremor" || /bin/mkdir -p "/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/install/mvp/include/tremor"
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'ivorbiscodec.h' '/home/khassan/mvpmc/dongle/install/mvp/include/tremor/ivorbiscodec.h'
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'ivorbisfile.h' '/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/install/mvp/include/tremor/ivorbisfile.h'
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'ogg.h' '/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/install/mvp/include/tremor/ogg.h'
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'os_types.h' '/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/install/mvp/include/tremor/os_types.h'
/usr/bin/install -c -m 644 'config_types.h' '/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/install/mvp/include/tremor/config_types.h'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/libs/Tremor/mvp/Tremor'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/libs/Tremor/mvp/Tremor'

mvallevand
2008-09-30, 11:47 AM
The git make is multi-tasking so the last lines will not necessarily show the real error. Redirect stderr to a file with syntax 2> filename and if you can't figure it out, zip and attach the file and I will have a look. You are probably missing one of the dependencies for the make like bison or yacc.

Martin

Khurram
2008-09-30, 01:29 PM
I have redirect stderr to output.txt and looked it over. There seems to be some error about libupnp. There is a libupnp2 and libupnp2-dev and I installed both. But still get the following error:

configure: WARNING: If you wanted to set the --build type, don't use --host.
If a cross compiler is detected then cross compile mode will be used.
/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/busybox/mvp/busybox-1.1.3/coreutils/ls.c: In function `ls_main':
/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/busybox/mvp/busybox-1.1.3/coreutils/ls.c:1178: warning: implicit declaration of function `dfree'
/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/busybox/mvp/busybox-1.1.3/coreutils/stat.c: In function `do_stat':
/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/busybox/mvp/busybox-1.1.3/coreutils/stat.c:485: warning: long unsigned int format, different type arg (arg 3)
/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/busybox/mvp/busybox-1.1.3/coreutils/stat.c:485: warning: long unsigned int format, different type arg (arg 4)
/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/busybox/mvp/busybox-1.1.3/coreutils/stat.c:485: warning: long unsigned int format, different type arg (arg 8)
/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/busybox/mvp/busybox-1.1.3/coreutils/stat.c:485: warning: long unsigned int format, different type arg (arg 9)
/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/busybox/mvp/busybox-1.1.3/coreutils/stat.c:512: warning: long unsigned int format, different type arg (arg 2)
/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/busybox/mvp/busybox-1.1.3/coreutils/stat.c:512: warning: long unsigned int format, different type arg (arg 3)
/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/busybox/mvp/busybox-1.1.3/coreutils/stat.c:512: warning: long unsigned int format, different type arg (arg 6)
/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/busybox/mvp/busybox-1.1.3/coreutils/stat.c:512: warning: long unsigned int format, different type arg (arg 7)
/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/busybox/mvp/busybox-1.1.3/coreutils/stat.c:512: warning: long unsigned int format, different type arg (arg 8)
/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/busybox/mvp/busybox-1.1.3/modutils/rmmod.c: In function `rmmod_main':
/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/busybox/mvp/busybox-1.1.3/modutils/rmmod.c:89: warning: passing arg 3 of `my_query_module' from incompatible pointer type
/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/busybox/mvp/busybox-1.1.3/networking/ether-wake.c:247:3: warning: #warning Need to implement ether_hostton() for uClibc
/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/busybox/mvp/busybox-1.1.3/util-linux/mount_cifs.c: In function `mount_cifs_main':
/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/busybox/mvp/busybox-1.1.3/util-linux/mount_cifs.c:653: warning: declaration of 'sysinfo' shadows a global declaration
/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/busybox/mvp/busybox-1.1.3/include/libbb.h:239: warning: shadowed declaration is here
/bin/bash: libupnp/config.aux/config.rpath: No such file or directory
/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/busybox/mvp/busybox-1.1.3/coreutils/coreutils.a(nohup.o): In function `close_stdout':
/home/khurram/mvpmc/dongle/apps/busybox/mvp/busybox-1.1.3/coreutils/nohup.c:85: warning:
flashcp.c:258:2: warning: #warning "Check for smaller erase regions"
scons: *** [dongle/install/mvp/lib/libFLAC.a, dongle/install/mvp/include/FLAC/stream_decoder.h] None
src/genlib/net/http/httpparser.c: In function `is_control_char':
src/genlib/net/http/httpparser.c:182: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
src/uuid/uuid.c: In function `uuid_create_from_name':
src/uuid/uuid.c:307: warning: statement with no effect
src/uuid/uuid.c:308: warning: statement with no effect
src/uuid/uuid.c:309: warning: statement with no effect
src/uuid/uuid.c:340: warning: statement with no effect
src/uuid/uuid.c:341: warning: statement with no effect
src/uuid/uuid.c:342: warning: statement with no effect

I cant figure it out. Can you please take a look?

Thanks.

mvallevand
2008-10-01, 02:10 AM
You shouldn't add any libraries to build mvpmc they get downloaded automatically.

Martin

Khurram
2008-10-03, 07:34 PM
It downloaded a whole lot of stuff the first time I ran make mvp. But I keep on getting the error as in the post above.

mvallevand
2008-10-03, 09:04 PM
Maybe you need to upgrade git, other than that I don't know how to help, it works for me.

Martin

Khurram
2008-10-27, 11:33 AM
I have finally managed to get it to work by using a tftp server for windows :) I am using the excellent (and freeware) tftpd32 from http://tftpd32.jounin.net/ to serve my config file.