PDA

View Full Version : New alpha dongle Sept 30 '08

mvallevand
2008-11-01, 09:25 PM
Yes it is November, but I have uploaded a "new" alpha dongle which enables FLAC and OGG support that wouldn't work with GBPVR. The command line option remains the same --em-flac which enables native processing of FLAC and vorbis audio files. To enable this in GBPVR make these changes to config.xml and restart the Recording Service.

<MvpTranscodeFLAC>false</MvpTranscodeFLAC>
<MvpTranscodeOGG>false</MvpTranscodeOGG>

For those of you who have difficulty establishing a share or think that a guest share is evil there is a new config.xml setting

<MvpmcStartupConfig>mvpmc --startup emulate --emulate ? &amp;</MvpmcStartupConfig>

I would recommend changing --emulate ? to --emulate xx.xx.xx.xx to match the IP of your GBPVR server, and add --em-flac if you want it. The &amp is very important it is just the & in xml format.

Martin

pz1
2008-11-02, 11:16 AM
For those of you who have difficulty establishing a share or think that a guest share is evil there is a new config.xml setting

<MvpmcStartupConfig>mvpmc --startup emulate --emulate ? &amp;</MvpmcStartupConfig>

Can I use this to do my multi-line configuration (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=260228&postcount=7)? If so how?
Pieter

mvallevand
2008-11-02, 02:16 PM
I suppose you could if it is properly url encoded xml, I never tried though, and I am not going to debug problems it might cause. For example I don't know how sub parses it internally.

Make sure you end line that don't have a & with a semi-colon which might need to be %3B and if you want the cosmetic line feed use to debug on the mvp use %0a. Too see how it works from telnet on the mvp use

cat /etc/dongle.config

Let me know how it goes.

Martin

pz1
2008-11-02, 02:47 PM
Thanks. I'll give it a try after I have fixed our central heating.

HtV
2008-11-02, 04:27 PM
Do you have to disable these?

<MvpTranscodeFLAC>true</MvpTranscodeFLAC>
<MvpTranscodeOGG>true</MvpTranscodeOGG>

Hans

mvallevand
2008-11-02, 04:29 PM
Hans what do you mean? Those are the config.xml settings to use with --em-flac but they default to false.

Martin

HtV
2008-11-02, 05:12 PM
Ok, I must have enabled them some (long) time ago.:o
I've disabled them now.

Hans

mvallevand
2008-11-02, 05:20 PM
Actually I am the one confused you do need to set those to false to take advantage of mvpmc's native playing.

Martin

HtV
2008-11-02, 07:08 PM
Actually I am the one confused you do need to set those to false to take advantage of mvpmc's native playing.

Martin

I haven't tried, but I guess those settings are there for a reason.:)

Hans

pz1
2008-11-02, 07:36 PM
I suppose you could if it is properly url encoded xml, I never tried though, and I am not going to debug problems it might cause. For example I don't know how sub parses it internally.

Make sure you end line that don't have a & with a semi-colon which might need to be %3B and if you want the cosmetic line feed use to debug on the mvp use %0a. Too see how it works from telnet on the mvp use

cat /etc/dongle.config

Let me know how it goes.

Martin

It (http://forums.gbpvr.com/showpost.php?p=260228&postcount=7) works just with the semi-colons:
<MvpmcStartupConfig>mkdir /usr/music;mount.cifs //192.168.1.22/USBDISKPro-0-1 /usr/music -o guest;mvpmc --startup emulate --emulate ? &amp;</MvpmcStartupConfig>
Pieter

HtV
2008-11-05, 01:15 PM
I have the following line in config.xml:

<MvpmcStartupConfig>mvpmc --startup emulate --emulate 192.168.178.33 --em-flac &amp;</MvpmcStartupConfig>

But the mvp won't start into gbpvr. It always goes to the mvpmc-menu, all I have to do is click enter (emulate is highlighted).
It should go to the gbpvr-menu, right?

Hans

mvallevand
2008-11-05, 01:19 PM
Yes it should. From telnet what does this show?

cat /etc/dongle.config

Martin

HtV
2008-11-05, 03:41 PM
That shows nothing, :confused:
"cat /etc/tftp.config" gives tftp:192.168.178.22 which is the old ip of the gbpvrserver. I have changed my systems motherboard, so the router gave me a new ip. I thought I had cured that with an old-dongle load, but apparently that didn't help. I'l try again.

I loaded an other old haupp-dongle, that gave me the "configure wired device" screen now it saved the right server-ip. Then I loaded the latest mvpmc-dongle, and it went right through to the gbpvr screen.
Thanks again Martin.

cya Hans

Sheik Yerbouti
2008-11-06, 06:10 AM
I have the following line in config.xml:

<MvpmcStartupConfig>mvpmc --startup emulate --emulate 192.168.178.33 --em-flac &amp;</MvpmcStartupConfig>

But the mvp won't start into gbpvr. It always goes to the mvpmc-menu, all I have to do is click enter (emulate is highlighted).
It should go to the gbpvr-menu, right?

Hans
Same problem here.

Chris

mvallevand
2008-11-06, 06:13 AM
What do these show from telnet?

cat /etc/dongle.config
cat /etc/tftp.config

Martin

pz1
2008-11-06, 09:43 AM
It still works fine for me(see configuration in post above) even if I add the --em-flac flag, and if I replace the ? with the IP-number of my server.
cat /etc/dongle.config gives exactly the text that I entered, except for the "?"-mark being replaced by the IP-number

Sheik Yerbouti
2008-11-06, 06:55 PM
What do these show from telnet?
cat /etc/dongle.config
cat /etc/tftp.config
dongle.config return nothing, tftp.config returns:

TFTP=192.168.1.76
MAC=xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

I've deleted the MAC. The IP address isn't my server and the MVP is on 192.168.1.67, I have nothing on 76 in my network that I know of. My setup is:

mvpmc -a 16:9 -m pal --startup emulate --emulate 192.168.1.64 &amp;

Chris

HtV
2008-11-06, 07:15 PM
Is it possible you have the same problem I had: the server-ip changed and the old server-ip is still in the mvp-flash-memory. If you read my post a few days ago you can see how I fixed it. If you need an old hauppauge dongle let me know.

Hans

JonRoyle
2008-11-06, 07:37 PM
Same problem here.

Chris

I also had this issue on one of my MVPs (which is the same as the rest). I fixed by removing power and then forcing reselection of GBPVR server (note IP address of that server had not changed) and now all is well - :confused: can't say I understand.....

Sheik Yerbouti
2008-11-06, 08:56 PM
Is it possible you have the same problem I had: the server-ip changed and the old server-ip is still in the mvp-flash-memory. If you read my post a few days ago you can see how I fixed it. If you need an old hauppauge dongle let me know.
Yeah, that was it. I missed that post. Thanks guys!

Chris