PDA

View Full Version : MVPMC somtime hangs

dfdario
2009-04-27, 05:16 PM
I have finally decided to load mvpmc since I like its WOL feature.
All went good with dongle 20080930 until a night while watching a recording MVP stopped working. No way to make it moving, video was paused to last frame. Powering off and back on the MVP made the video flashing. A reboot with dongle reload solved that time.
Yesterday night issue happened again so I decided to zip all my logs and post them here.

An other not relevant thing I noted is that sometime upon stopping the video it shows the play menu instead showing the recording title.

mvallevand
2009-04-27, 09:47 PM
Sorry, the logs don't show anything unusual, other than the freeze. It is certainly rare in my experience to have a power off not clear a problem, especially forcing a reload of the dongle. Are you sure about the quality of the file? Next time it freezes, try a hardware ff Go FF to see if it skips bad data.

As for the screen mvpmc just displays the screen sent by gbpvr.

Martin

dfdario
2009-04-28, 05:40 AM
Sorry Martin I was unclear.
When I say Power OFF it means soft-power off. At subsequent soft-power on MVP tries to connect to PVR in fact it is visible for half a second the screen appears when it connects properly, then MVP restarts, the screen is cleared, and keeps another try.
The same thing sometime happens if I power on MVP when the PVR is off or the PVR lan is disconnected.
I will try to replace my dongle with a fresh one (may be it solve).

Sorry but what you mean with hardware FF?

mvallevand
2009-04-28, 02:10 PM
That makes more sense, sometimes when mvpmc disconnects it is not clean. I don't autostart emulation mode for this reason.

If you are using WOL you might need some command line parameters to avoid cutting out two early. There are two, but I don't remember them off hand.

A newer version likely won't help with this issue, but it shouldn't hurt either

Hardware FF is a special mvpmc emulation mode thing, available by hitting Go and then FF on the remote. It is only 2x speed because that is about all the MVP can handle.

Martin

dfdario
2009-04-28, 04:37 PM
May be in dongle.config have a line like the following:
mvpmc --startup emulate --emulate 192.168.1.1 -m pal --em-wolwt 40 &

Is that you intent isn't it?