PDA

View Full Version : Problems with XmltvExtras

pcostanza
2010-11-10, 12:53 AM
I've tried running XmltvExtras on 3 systems. It works fine on 1 but the other 2 give me the message, "XmltvExtrsas.exe is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file".
Not really sure what this means. Almost sounds like it's been neutered by a virus program.

Any idea what this means?

alibert
2010-11-10, 06:54 AM
Hi,

I just tried the download package and verified that it's working here. The file size of "XmltvExtras.exe" should be 29.696 bytes, maybe you can check the file you've downloaded. The error you're getting looks more like a problem in the way you try to execute the utility or pass the path to your xmltv-file as argument, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/103368/en-us for details.

-alibert

leaded1
2010-11-10, 04:17 PM
Should the XmltvExtras.exe file go in the Scripts folder? This was the only way my PostEPGupdate.bat file seemed to work.

pcostanza
2010-11-10, 06:10 PM
Hi,

I just tried the download package and verified that it's working here. The file size of "XmltvExtras.exe" should be 29.696 bytes, maybe you can check the file you've downloaded. The error you're getting looks more like a problem in the way you try to execute the utility or pass the path to your xmltv-file as argument, see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/103368/en-us for details.

-alibert
It's working fine on a tuner-less system at work so I'll copy the file over to a thumb drive and try it. It's rather a simple process so that means it's even easier for me to mess things up. :)

Reddwarf
2010-11-10, 11:19 PM
I'm trying to run the XmltvExtras on my TVGuide.xml, but it says "Error reading D:\XMLTV\TVGuide.xml: There is an error in XML document (2, 11).". My xmltv file is produced with DVBGuide and works just fine with NPVR.

pcostanza
2010-11-11, 12:58 AM
I got a very similar message last night while toying with this.
Even after using the working files from my office PC, I still can't seem to get it to work on 2 home systems. Very strange.

pcostanza
2010-11-11, 01:28 AM
I just copied my xmltv.xml file to my C drive and simply copied and pasted the info exactly as shown in the XmlExtras wiki file and still it's a no go. My PostUpdate batch file simply says: XmltvExtras.exe c:\xmltv.xml and the executable file is in the NPVR/Scripts folder. Am I missing anything?

Is it possible it's a firewall/virus blocking problem?

alibert
2010-11-11, 08:06 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to run the XmltvExtras on my TVGuide.xml, but it says "Error reading D:\XMLTV\TVGuide.xml: There is an error in XML document (2, 11).". My xmltv file is produced with DVBGuide and works just fine with NPVR.

the xmltv can not be read by the utitlity as the referenced xmltv.dtd can't be found. Can you please try the attached version of the utility that ignores the dtd file?

-alibert

alibert
2010-11-11, 08:12 AM
Hi,

Should the XmltvExtras.exe file go in the Scripts folder? This was the only way my PostEPGupdate.bat file seemed to work.

theoretically, the location of the utility shouldn't matter, but then the full path to the utility must be supplied in the postupdateepg.bat file, for example, my postupdateepg file looks like this:

"D:\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\XmltvExtras\XmltvExtras\bin\x86\Rele ase\XmltvExtras.exe" "C:\Program Files\TV Movie\ClickfinderToXmltv\xmltv.xml"

-alibert

alibert
2010-11-11, 08:16 AM
Hi,

if you're having the same problem as Reddwarf, please also try the version I've attached above. If you still get the error message that it's not a valid application, try to execute the application from the command prompt.

-alibert

Reddwarf
2010-11-11, 10:18 AM
Hi,

the xmltv can not be read by the utitlity as the referenced xmltv.dtd can't be found. Can you please try the attached version of the utility that ignores the dtd file?

-alibert

Thanks, it works. Is the .dtd file of any importance?

pcostanza
2010-11-11, 12:38 PM
Yes, the updated version now works like it should. I wonder why it worked on my tunerless system at work.
Thanks for the fix.

pcostanza
2010-11-11, 01:04 PM
I think I spoke too early. I noticed that the exe was being called and it appeared to be downloading the 'extras' but upon viewing the guide, I saw nothing new. I looked at what it was downloading and this is what I got:

alibert
2010-11-12, 09:29 AM
Hi,

these log outputs are no error messages, the utitlity just prints out that there are some channels in your xmltv file that are not mapped to channels in NPVR (i.e. not used).

-alibert

Reddwarf
2010-11-12, 09:47 AM
Hi,

these log outputs are no error messages, the utitlity just prints out that there are some channels in your xmltv file that are not mapped to channels in NPVR (i.e. not used).

-alibert

That's what I figured out also, I recognized them as channels I don't use. I can set language to norwegian, but what should I set Locale to? There is no NO, UK is the closest...

alibert
2010-11-12, 02:21 PM
Hi,

which language / locale settings do you mean?

-alibert

Reddwarf
2010-11-12, 03:02 PM
Hi,

which language / locale settings do you mean?

-alibert

Ah, sorry for not explaining. I meant in TVListings settings "Find More".

alibert
2010-11-13, 09:49 AM
Hi,

those are the available locales/languages from Amazon and TheTVDB, so I have no influence on that.

-alibert

dspdrew
2010-11-15, 02:52 AM
I ran this program and I don't see anything extra in my guide. I then opened the database to take a look, and there's nothing in it.

roy
2010-11-15, 10:52 PM
Yes, the updated version now works like it should. I wonder why it worked on my tunerless system at work.
Thanks for the fix.
How did you get your tunerless system to show listings?

pcostanza
2010-11-15, 11:26 PM
How did you get your tunerless system to show listings?

I copied over the database from my home system and used it. I can't remember who suggested that but it works well. Can't do much but play around with a few things but if I find time at work and am too impatient to wait till I get home to try something, it fixes the urge a bit.:D

alibert
2010-11-16, 08:18 AM
Hi,

I ran this program and I don't see anything extra in my guide. I then opened the database to take a look, and there's nothing in it.

if, and which additional information is used depends on your xmltv source. The supported xmltv elements are described at the wiki page of the utility: http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Utility.XmltvExtras

-alibert