PDA

View Full Version : New dongle for GBPVR and NPVR 2010-12-24

mvallevand
2010-12-25, 04:58 AM
I have updated the release version of mvpmc to support both GBPVR and NPVR

http://www.mvpmc.org/~mvallevand/dongle4npvr.7z

In addition to supporting mpeg-ts files for NPVR, this version should support http streaming (ie. Universe UPnP)

Martin

HarryH3
2010-12-27, 01:49 PM
Hi Martin, I installed this new dongle on one of my MVP's yesterday, running GBPVR as the server. When I press the blue button on the remote, the boxes for the display are not in the right place. The upper box with timing info is lower than normal so I only see a black line. The lower box (show description) has the top line cutoff. Is there a switch I need to set for the new dongle to be in GBPVR mode?

Thanks!

mvallevand
2010-12-27, 03:09 PM
Thanks HarryH3, I forgot to change the default. I have updated the file, could you try again at your convenience.

Martin

ACTCMS
2010-12-28, 12:28 AM
Martin, when loading from NPVR, can I still use a mvpmc.npvr.bin.config file for my startup options and/or is there an NPVR config option equivalent to GBPVRs
<MvpmcStartupConfig>mvpmc --startup emulate --emulate ? -a 16:9 &amp;</MvpmcStartupConfig>
Alex

mvallevand
2010-12-28, 12:49 AM
Hi Alex.

Nothing much has changed on the mvpmc load, it still reads the dongle.bin.config file from the mvpmc share. I have no idea if sub implemented the config.xml option, it is not something I use.

Martin

ACTCMS
2010-12-28, 02:01 AM
Hi Alex.

Nothing much has changed on the mvpmc load, it still reads the dongle.bin.config file from the mvpmc share. I have no idea if sub implemented the config.xml option, it is not something I use.

MartinThanks for that Martin, it looks like I've never actually had a working mvpmc share and the load has always been served by gbpvr. I'll try loading from a gbpvr server - shares are a pita on my network domain.

Alex

mvallevand
2010-12-28, 02:10 AM
You might have. The IP for the mvpmc share is stored in the MVP's flash and people are starting to upgrade machines and IP's, etc Note I am actually counting on power MVP users like you to support the MVP on questions like this, because I am stopping soon. I plan on discuss MVP issues specific to my plugins and not use with NPVR or GBPVR. With the status quo I feel I will end up supporting GBPVR forever.

I will even be looking for a moderator for the mvpmc forum if anyone is interested.

Martin

mvallevand
2010-12-28, 06:04 AM
I have updated dongle4npvr with an alternate method of determining the file offset in NPVR.

Martin

ACTCMS
2010-12-28, 11:08 PM
You might have. The IP for the mvpmc share is stored in the MVP's flash...

MartinIs there an easy way fo find out?

Alex

mvallevand
2010-12-28, 11:26 PM
As part of start up script, I extract the info from flash. You can see it in telnet

cat /etc/tftp.config

Martin

HarryH3
2010-12-29, 06:48 PM
Thanks for the update Martin! It works fine with GBPVR now. I hope to also test it with NPVR shortly. :)

ACTCMS
2010-12-30, 01:33 AM
As part of start up script, I extract the info from flash. You can see it in telnet

cat /etc/tftp.config

MartinYou've got me breaking brand new territory here with puTTY :), but it does show TFTP=IP address of the server I loaded the dongle from. Is there anyway to remove that or change to the equivalent of --emulate ?

I've tried changing the MVP Server ID to ? in the MVP web interface, but I assume that is superceded by what's in flash?

Alex

mvallevand
2010-12-30, 02:49 AM
To change the IP in flash, you need to load a real Hauppauge dongle from the later beta servers. You are bringing up some stuff I am pretty rusty on, to use the new MVP IP from the web interface you have to soft power off.

Martin

HarryH3
2010-12-30, 06:30 PM
Martin, after using the new dongle successfully with GBPVR I shut down GBPVR and fired up NPVR instead. I then forced a reboot of the MVP via the mvpmc start menu. The MVP then loaded the dongle (Dec 28, 2010 version) and NPVR was onscreen. All looks good until I press the blue button to see the time line. It doesn't show up at all. Is this normal for NPVR?

Thanks!

mvallevand
2010-12-30, 06:36 PM
Martin, after using the new dongle successfully with GBPVR I shut down GBPVR and fired up NPVR instead. I then forced a reboot of the MVP via the mvpmc start menu. The MVP then loaded the dongle (Dec 28, 2010 version) and NPVR was onscreen. All looks good until I press the blue button to see the time line. It doesn't show up at all. Is this normal for NPVR?

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for confirming this works with GBPVR. To work with NPVR make sure you have <StartPortControl>5916</StartPortControl> in config.xml or it will think it is running GBPVR

There's also no need to reboot and reload the dongle, just hit Go Back to get to the mvpmc main screen and select Emualtion mode when you are ready.

Martin

ACTCMS
2010-12-30, 11:51 PM
To change the IP in flash, you need to load a real Hauppauge dongle from the later beta servers. You are bringing up some stuff I am pretty rusty on, to use the new MVP IP from the web interface you have to soft power off.

MartinHi Martin

I downloaded mediamvpsetup_34_25345.exe from the Hauppauge web site and substituted the supplied dongle.bin with the Dec 27 version of dongle.npvr.bin renamed to dongle.bin - I also created a new dongle.bin.config using editpad (I think I might have edited my original one with Notepad++) and loaded the dongle using the Hauppauge server.

The web interface showed that it has accepted my --emulate ? option and when I soft power off/on, the MVP looks for the first server instead of the preferred server.

/etc/tftp.config still shows the preferred server IP address but I can't see how this can be avoided, since the hard reboot process insists on a preferred server being selected (even if there is only one server available).

I'll go and have a play with it now...

Alex

mvallevand
2010-12-30, 11:54 PM
Alex I can't tell from this whether you ran the Hauppauge server and dongle. You must to update flash.

Martin

ACTCMS
2010-12-31, 12:23 AM
Alex I can't tell from this whether you ran the Hauppauge server and dongle. You must to update flash.

MartinFirst I installed the Hauppauge server and ran it out of the box (no sign of mvpmc anywhere) - the server UI is not the greatest in the world...

I then substituted mvpmc for the Hauppauge dongle and reloaded. No matter which dongle I load, I can't see any way around selecting a preferred server?

Alex

mvallevand
2010-12-31, 12:28 AM
The preferred server will be the IP of the server you load the dongle from.

Martin

steeb
2010-12-31, 12:57 AM
Martin,

I'm late to this party, busy xmas etc :D

Thanks so much for this, working through it now.

<StartPortControl>5916</StartPortControl> in config.xml or it will think it is running GBPVR

I have port control in NPVR config.xml @ port 5906? Is this wrong?

cheers

Steeb

ACTCMS
2010-12-31, 12:59 AM
The preferred server will be the IP of the server you load the dongle from.

MartinThat's what I was thinking - but now when the MVP soft restarts it looks for the first server, not the preferred server - so I think that most of my problems have been from a corrupted .config file.

I've done some playing about with the new dongle on GBPVR and the only thing I've had a problem with so far is the Steve Winwood/Eric Clapton video. I've got another H4 still running the previous mvpmc dongle, so I want to do some more testing with old and new attached to the same GBPVR server before I comment further on that problem. And obviously, I want to try it out with NPVR.

And I now know how to telnet into the MVP :) - I'm not quite sure what I can do when I get there, but that's another matter...

As usual, I much appreciate your help...

Alex

mvallevand
2010-12-31, 01:04 AM
Martin,

I'm late to this party, busy xmas etc :D

Thanks so much for this, working through it now.

I have port control in NPVR config.xml @ port 5906? Is this wrong?

cheers

Steeb
It's wrong in the sense that you aren't running in NPVR mode. This was something that sub said he changed in 1.5.36 but I checked and confirmed it is still wrong in the master xml file.

Martin

steeb
2010-12-31, 01:12 AM
It's wrong in the sense that you aren't running in NPVR mode. This was something that sub said he changed in 1.5.36 but I checked and confirmed it is still wrong in the master xml file.

Martin

Martin, so before even attempting to look @ working with new dongle I should manually change port 5906 in config.xml to 5916?

cheers

Steeb

mvallevand
2010-12-31, 01:18 AM
Martin, so before even attempting to look @ working with new dongle I should manually change port 5906 in config.xml to 5916?

cheers

Steeb

You need that for running NPVR, for GBPVR it won't matter.

Martin

mvallevand
2010-12-31, 01:23 AM
That's what I was thinking - but now when the MVP soft restarts it looks for the first server, not the preferred server - so I think that most of my problems have been from a corrupted .config file.

I have mvpmc run DOS2UNIX so the editor doesn't really matter.

I've done some playing about with the new dongle on GBPVR and the only thing I've had a problem with so far is the Steve Winwood/Eric Clapton video.

Mpeg-ps playback should be exactly the same, unless you have messed with the time stamps cutting the file.

I've got another H4 still running the previous mvpmc dongle, so I want to do some more testing with old and new attached to the same GBPVR server before I comment further on that problem. And obviously, I want to try it out with NPVR.

Ok, I didn't know you had the H4. It will allow you to select the preferred server and store the info in flash at the beginning from the internal dongle.bin so you don't need the Hauppauge software.

Martin

steeb
2010-12-31, 01:25 AM
You need that for running NPVR, for GBPVR it won't matter.

Martin

Thanks Martin. I really only want this to work with NPVR. I really have no interest now in GB-PVR (though 'twas brilliant while there). I think it is superb that you have made such an effort to create a dongle that encompasses both programs. I am finding some failures now with stopping live TV on this new dongle and GB-PVR. It won't be something I am going to pursue, about to run it up solely with NPVR.

Thank you

Steeb

mvallevand
2010-12-31, 01:35 AM
LiveTV on 1.4.7 was never very good, it crashes on the second program change as one example but I don't think this dongle would make things worse.

Martin

steeb
2010-12-31, 01:44 AM
LiveTV on 1.4.7 was never very good, it crashes on the second program change as one example but I don't think this dongle would make things worse.

Martin

Martin, actually LiveTV over 1.47 I had working very well. This is not the issue. Hitting 'stop' on LiveTV stream with new dongle and GB-PVR causes MVP with new dongle to hot-reboot, but is this a concern? If so don't mind working through it :D

I am in the phase of switching now to total NPVR experience but could keep old installation of GB-PVR up and running for tests (but not my priority at the moment when you and Sub have worked so hard to make MVP possibility with NPVR)

Steeb

ACTCMS
2010-12-31, 01:45 AM
I have mvpmc run DOS2UNIX so the editor doesn't really matter.Then it must have been some other problem with my .config - maybe in the wrong place - I feel a need to get a better understanding of the MVP load sequence:D
Mpeg-ps playback should be exactly the same, unless you have messed with the time stamps cutting the file. That was one of the files I had problems playing back with NPVR on the PC
Ok, I didn't know you had the H4. It will allow you to select the preferred server and store the info in flash at the beginning from the internal dongle.bin so you don't need the Hauppauge software.

MartinI'll keep the Hauppauge software until I figure out a bit more...

Alex

mvallevand
2010-12-31, 01:55 AM
Martin, actually LiveTV over 1.47 I had working very well. This is not the issue. Hitting 'stop' on LiveTV stream with new dongle and GB-PVR causes MVP with new dongle to hot-reboot, but is this a concern? If so don't mind working through it :D

I am in the phase of switching now to total NPVR experience but could keep old installation of GB-PVR up and running for tests (but not my priority at the moment when you and Sub have worked so hard to make MVP possibility with NPVR)

Steeb

Well you were luckier than some others http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?43604-1.4.7-MVP-problems I saw all these problems and that is when I knew the MVP was dead.

I will look and see if there is anything I am missing anyway.

Martin

mvallevand
2010-12-31, 01:59 AM
Then it must have been some other problem with my .config - maybe in the wrong place - I feel a need to get a better understanding of the MVP load sequence:D

I hope so, as I wrote I'm not going to be replying to any MVP questions once NPVR is final.

Martin

steeb
2010-12-31, 02:24 AM
Well you were luckier than some others http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?43604-1.4.7-MVP-problems I saw all these problems and that is when I knew the MVP was dead.

I will look and see if there is anything I am missing anyway.

Martin

Thanks Martin, both you and Sub have gone out of your way to make the MVP live a little longer :D

From what I have now pretty much working with NPVR is a very thin and cheap client able to distribute SD TV and playback through the rooms in my house that don't need anything spectacular. For me this support with GB-PVR/NPVR has always been extemely important. Not just the most solid and configurable media system around that runs on Windows, but the THE only one that had FULL client support, that didn't mean having a PC in every room. Now of course the day is coming for the NMT's, but in the meantime the MVP stuff is looking great :D

thank you

Steeb

steeb
2010-12-31, 02:59 AM
Well you were luckier than some others http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?43604-1.4.7-MVP-problems Martin

But Martin, having trawled that thread again this was entirely based on comments on Sub's dongle? I've been using your MVPMC dongle for 3 years, I don't see why that is relevant to me or the people that have used your dongle from years ago :D

[Edit] Gotcha now, I actually remember this thread. Thing is no accolade while you do it, stop doing it and peeps will moan :D [EndEdit]

Steeb

mvallevand
2010-12-31, 03:24 AM
Trust me while emulation mode was typically better than the Hauppauge dongle back with 1.4.7 there was a lot of things that needed to be addressed but weren't. I am glad it worked for you. Can we move on please.

Martin

steeb
2010-12-31, 03:31 AM
Trust me while emulation mode was typically better than the Hauppauge dongle back with 1.4.7 there was a lot of things that needed to be addressed but weren't. I am glad it worked for you. Can we move on please.

Martin

Yup, that is what you are doing? and moi aussi?

Steeb

HarryH3
2010-12-31, 08:00 AM
Hi, thanks for confirming this works with GBPVR. To work with NPVR make sure you have <StartPortControl>5916</StartPortControl> in config.xml or it will think it is running GBPVR

There's also no need to reboot and reload the dongle, just hit Go Back to get to the mvpmc main screen and select Emualtion mode when you are ready.

Martin

Made the change and NPVR also works well now on the MVP. Thanks for the awesome work!

mvallevand
2010-12-31, 04:23 PM
Thank HarryH3.

@steep I have updated the dongle once again some small change to make it even closer to the 2008 just in case that fixes your issue. I can't do a complete test on GBPVR but it fails the same ways that the the 2008 dongle does.

Martin

steeb
2011-01-02, 09:50 PM
@steep I have updated the dongle once again some small change to make it even closer to the 2008 just in case that fixes your issue. I can't do a complete test on GBPVR but it fails the same ways that the the 2008 dongle does.

Martin

I think @steep is me? In which case can't wait to run it up once New Year finally settles. Unfortunately (or fortunately) Mrs Steeb has spent the entire holiday period watching TV with GB-PVR, I haven't had the time to play :D Luckily for me she heads back to work in a day then can try.

thank you so much Martin

and

Happy New Year :D

Steeb

steeb
2011-01-02, 11:55 PM
Martin,

finally got a chance to try this.

I may have done something incorrectly.

I thought you had changed the dongle? You may well have, and I have been stupid. Can you confirm? Current dongle reads:

Tue Dec 28 08.49.55 EST 2010
thank you and best wishes

Steeb

mvallevand
2011-01-03, 01:27 AM
The md5 checksum is eb9756d73445ddbfcd661b8ecef452c7 which matches my Jan 31 version. Could you check your end?

Martin

steeb
2011-01-03, 01:49 AM
Martin,

I now have a dongle booting dec 31st.... 2010, is that good. Bed for me here will pick up tomorrow. Thank you. Steeb x

steeb
2011-01-04, 12:19 AM
Martin,

I now have a dongle booting dec 31st.... 2010, is that good. Bed for me here will pick up tomorrow. Thank you. Steeb x

He he he, sorry about the x at end of post, had been writing thank you cards all day and got in the habit of x'ing :), but hey, ain't going to edit it out :D

All MVP's now running joint dongle, only bad behaviour I have seen is a slight drift with sync audio/video and GB-PVR catching LiveTV with mpg. I really can't see a need to pursue this as total switch to NPVR is immanent, unless the A/V drift is the same with NPVR which I haven't had a chance to try.

Steeb

mvallevand
2011-01-04, 12:51 AM
It is extremely unlikely that any mpg playback changes with GB-PVR are because of this dongle, the playback is handled by mvpmc code I don't touch. In fact after last week's code review of differences, I can't imagine where anything would be different. The more anyone scrutinizes the MVP the more flaws they will find.

Martin

steeb
2011-01-04, 01:08 AM
It is extremely unlikely that any mpg playback changes with GB-PVR are because of this dongle, the playback is handled by mvpmc code I don't touch. In fact after last week's code review of differences, I can't imagine where anything would be different. The more anyone scrutinizes the MVP the more flaws they will find.

Martin

Thanks Martin, no flaws, not scrutinising (lovely word that, scrutinise, just sounds great) just noting that whatever I have done changing dongles has caused a slight drift in the A/V sync. Just tried again, this is not sync over time, this is sync from start. Just out by a few ms. Really it was not there before :confused:

thank you so much

Steeb

mvallevand
2011-01-04, 01:20 AM
Check out this for some options http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?34504-Audio-Video-out-of-sync-on-MVP-Playback maybe your were running an even older dongle, I remember at one time you were.

Sync is not a new problem on the MVP searching you will find several people with problems.

Martin

steeb
2011-01-04, 01:37 AM
Check out this for some options http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?34504-Audio-Video-out-of-sync-on-MVP-Playback maybe your were running an even older dongle, I remember at one time you were.

Sync is not a new problem on the MVP searching you will find several people with problems.

Martin

Thanks Martin, now you've found it I remember that thread too!

I don't think it is specific to what I have seen tonight but will try next available opportunity. Quite honestly just want to get NPVR up and running now so can't see I can offer much troubleshooting with GB-PVR?

thank you again

Steeb

mvallevand
2011-01-04, 01:44 AM
Note too, that if you have a/v sync issues with GBPVR it is very unlikely that NPVR will fix them and vice versa.

Martin

PS As for the "x", that probably is taking this "friendly community" notion a little too far.

steeb
2011-01-04, 01:53 AM
Note too, that if you have a/v sync issues with GBPVR it is very unlikely that NPVR will fix them and vice versa.

Martin

PS As for the "x", that probably is taking this "friendly community" notion a little too far.

:D and again :D

yes the x was a little too friendly, got carried away signing 'x's on thank you cards yesterday and it drifted :o Having said that if i wanted to give anyone an 'x' on this forum it would have been you!

Yes, I have a suspicion once dongle and NPVR are run up same issue will be encountered.

Steeb

ottoguy
2011-01-25, 02:12 PM
Sorry for the stupid question but how do I load the new mvpmc dongle? I put the file in the Dongle folder, and renamed it dongle.bin. Does the MVP automagically pick it up now? In GBPVR I had to select which file to use, I don't see this anywhere in NPVR? Also how do I verify that the correct dongle is being used?

I am having problems still with the "Play All" on a folder of videos, it plays the first 2 but then crashes and goes back to the screen where you must select Emulation. I just want to make sure I am using the right dongle before go further.

steeb
2011-01-25, 03:02 PM
Sorry for the stupid question but how do I load the new mvpmc dongle? I put the file in the Dongle folder, and renamed it dongle.bin. Does the MVP automagically pick it up now? In GBPVR I had to select which file to use, I don't see this anywhere in NPVR? Also how do I verify that the correct dongle is being used?

I am having problems still with the "Play All" on a folder of videos, it plays the first 2 but then crashes and goes back to the screen where you must select Emulation. I just want to make sure I am using the right dongle before go further.

Latest Dongle should be dated Dec 31st 2010. You can't select the dongle name in a drop down list like GB-PVR but I believe NextPVR now recognises alternate named dongles apart from dongle.bin. This can be set by editing the NextPVR config.xml file

http://www.nextpvr.com/nwiki/pmwiki.php?n=Configuration.Advanced

(if you do this you will want to stop/restart the NextPVR recording service)

however there should be no need to change this name if you have already renamed the new dongle to dongle.bin

If you are already loading an mvpmc dongle all you need to do is to unplug the MVP at the back of the unit and plug it in again. This should now boot the new dongle. Watch for the mvpmc loading screen, this will tell you which version of the dongle is loading. Alternatively once you are in the NextPVR menu if you hit 'go' 'go' 'back/exit' on your MVP remote this will take you back to the mvpmc menu where selecting 'about' will tell you which dongle you are running.

steeb

ottoguy
2011-01-25, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the quick response. Looks like it is taking the correct dongle as the dates match. I couldn't get the "Go" "Go" "Back" sequence to get back to the menu, but I can see on boot that it says the correct date.

I will have to reproduce the "Play All" failure I'm seeing and post logs.

mvallevand
2011-01-25, 11:05 PM
It is just Go Back not Go Go Back

Martin

steeb
2011-01-25, 11:33 PM
It is just Go Back not Go Go Back

Martin

:D Ooops that's what comes of not paying attention while I was typing! Go Go Go Back Back Back etc......

steeb

steeb
2011-02-02, 08:39 PM
Martin,

I may have missed something as usual.... :D

What should be the status currently with LiveTV playback on the MVP's? Is it pretty much that all the marvelous work you and Sub have done means it is just what it is for now?

I am now doing a final run through my NextPVR set up before switching over totally and so I am throwing lots of things at it.

Using MVPMC dongle dated Dec 31st. NextPVR 1.5.36 with all latest patches from sticky.

MVP plays 1st channel fine. Subsequent channel change requests cause a short time of playback (about 5-10 secs) then LiveTV stops and returns to the main menu.

Logs attached from a clean set after restarting recording service and only 1 x instance of MVP server.

cheers

steeb

mvallevand
2011-02-02, 09:16 PM
I will have a look, but how does it feel potentially being the only person in the world using their MVP with NextPVR?

Martin

steeb
2011-02-02, 09:27 PM
I will have a look, but how does it feel potentially being the only person in the world using their MVP with NextPVR?

Martin

:D very lonely! Or actually looking at it the other way, very special! However I think there may be a few others lurking, I seem to be the only one to shout about it ;)

And while I think of it is there anyway to not have 'DVD' display on the menu on an MVP (haven't checked on NMT can't remember if that has it too?)

cheers muchly

steeb

ACTCMS
2011-02-02, 09:43 PM
Lurk...

mvallevand
2011-02-02, 11:56 PM
Logs attached from a clean set after restarting recording service and only 1 x instance of MVP server.

cheers

steeb

This is a problem I think you have reported before and sub needs to look at. From the MVP log

2011-02-02 20:21:31.390 [DEBUG][3] User pressed: PageUp
2011-02-02 20:21:33.296 [DEBUG][3] Sending 'Stop' Request
2011-02-02 20:21:33.296 [DEBUG][3] StartVideoPlayback: C:\Live TV Buffer\live-BBC2-4190.ts
2011-02-02 20:21:33.359 [DEBUG][7] waiting for livetv data! File size is: 26494160
2011-02-02 20:21:38.937 [DEBUG][7] Waiting for file to grow
2011-02-02 20:21:39.187 [DEBUG][7] Not all bytes read@2

2011-02-02 20:21:39.187 [DEBUG][7] About to switch files. The current file is C:\Live TV Buffer\live-BBC1-4189.ts
2011-02-02 20:21:39.187 [DEBUG][7] Unable to find file using method(1)
2011-02-02 20:21:39.187 [DEBUG][7] Switching to file(2): C:\Live TV Buffer\live-BBC1-4189.ts
2011-02-02 20:21:39.187 [DEBUG][7] currentFiles.Count = 1
2011-02-02 20:21:39.187 [DEBUG][7] - C:\Live TV Buffer\live-BBC1-4189.ts
2011-02-02 20:21:39.187 [DEBUG][7] Request completed. 200000 bytes sent
2011-02-02 20:21:39.187 [DEBUG][7] Received: STREAM_STOP
2011-02-02 20:21:39.187 [DEBUG][7] RollingFile.Close()
2011-02-02 20:21:39.187 [DEBUG][7] About to delete temp file: C:\Live TV Buffer\live-BBC1-4189.ts

In NRecord log I see

2011-02-02 20:21:33.281 [INFO][6] AnalogRecorder stream count now 1
2011-02-02 20:21:39.640 [INFO][6] AnalogRecorder stream count now 0

What I think has happened is the media socket hold onto the first channel much too long and when the MVP finishes with the stream it sent a stop, but this is treated as a stop for the second channel

Martin

steeb
2011-02-03, 12:04 AM
Thanks for looking into it Martin. I'll just hang on in there and see if Sub can resolve but I don't expect this to be near the top of his list!

I can't help smiling at this

Lurk...

:D I knew there were lurkers ;)

cheers

steeb

sub
2011-02-03, 02:22 AM
I havnt tested it, but can you see if this helps?

steeb
2011-02-03, 02:28 AM
:D very lonely! Or actually looking at it the other way, very special! ...............

And while I think of it is there anyway to not have 'DVD' display on the menu on an MVP (haven't checked on NMT can't remember if that has it too?)

Cheers Sub, don't feel so lonely now! Trying in a mo, got into Abba playing on Martin's Web Radio now :D

Before I forget to ask again is there a way to remove 'DVD' from MVP and NMT menus?

steeb

sub
2011-02-03, 02:44 AM
Before I forget to ask again is there a way to remove 'DVD' from MVP and NMT menus?No, not currently. I'll try to add something in the future.

steeb
2011-02-03, 03:22 AM
I havnt tested it, but can you see if this helps?

Sub,

reporting back that I have successfully changed up and down 5/6 channels with no stop back to main menu. Not a rigourous test but cetainly enough to show that the issue as it was before is resolved. There are some A/V sync issues sometimes after a channel change but guess that is one for Martin? Anyway this is excellent, thank you, both, great stuff.

steeb

mvallevand
2011-02-03, 03:46 AM
Steeb we've talked about the a/v sync issue before and if the suggestions I gave you aren't working there is nothing more I am going to do.

Martin

steeb
2011-02-04, 12:50 AM
Steeb we've talked about the a/v sync issue before and if the suggestions I gave you aren't working there is nothing more I am going to do.

Martin

OK thanks Martin,

I often forget what I have and haven't done (awful memory for such things) but what I think you refer to is the

no-seek-sync

in which case if I have the entry correct in my dongle.bin.config file

mvpmc -a 4:3 -m pal -o svideo --no-seek-sync --startup emulate --emulate 10.0.0.60 --em-flac & fi

that's been there a while and does not solve the issue.

thanks to you and Sub for putting so much work into this, at least there is LiveTV on the MVP's with NextPVR! Shame that I seem to be the only dinosaur left using them for LiveTV :D

once again many thanks

steeb

mvallevand
2011-02-04, 01:07 AM
You can try a few other things, but if normal files play ok, the MVP might not be fast enough to keep up without more buffering. A pause might help. Also I think you use powerline ethernet? if so you might get extra throughput using wired.

Note this patch does break potentially LiveTV on the NMT so it is not for everyone.

Martin

steeb
2011-02-04, 01:21 AM
You can try a few other things, but if normal files play ok, the MVP might not be fast enough to keep up without more buffering. A pause might help. Also I think you use powerline ethernet? if so you might get extra throughput using wired.

Note this patch does break potentially LiveTV on the NMT so it is not for everyone.

Martin

Martin,

will I find the possible other things to try if I go back through some threads? Tried the pause trick last night to see if that helped to buffer up a bit more but no joy. There's me with a bad memory, how about you with the opposite, remembering the powerline stuff! Yes powerline ethernet feeds the house but all testing is done with an MVP hooked straight into the same switch as the PVR server.

And I didn't know that about this patch (I haven't noticed any issues yet with NMT) what can it potentially break LiveTV wise?

cheers

steeb

mvallevand
2011-02-04, 01:47 AM
If it won't sync on pause try removing --no-seek-sync and go back to defaults and see if pause helps.

Sub released this basically for MVP testing, and LiveTV may cause the PCH to freeze requiring a reboot.

Martin