PDA

View Full Version : Scheduled Recordings Icon has Strange Behaviour

obiwan
2011-02-12, 02:30 AM
Two or Three times this week the TV Listing is not showing the round icon for scheduled recordings.
The timeline at the top does show something is scheduled but you need to drop to pending recordings to see what.

What is strange is the time slot in the hour before correctly shows the icon as well as has the red background color.

Another issue I have observed is the channel icon in Listings sometimes has the same icon for multiple channels showing in the same page.
At first I thought maybe it was only channels I have no icon setup for, but on close observation that is not so, after paging up or down a few times it straightens itself out.

I have not updated to 3.4

Any thoughts ?

obiwan

alibert
2011-02-12, 08:54 AM
Hi,

I'll need some more specific information ragarding your problems, as well as some logfiles.

-alibert

obiwan
2011-02-12, 02:25 PM
First.....Scheduled Recordings last night the 7pm show "The Defenders" displayed the recording icon. The 8pm scheduled recording "20/20" did not display the round icon but the TVListings timeline had the correct red markings.

The wife was attempting to cancel 20/20 and schedule "Dateline" and the popup box for 20/20 did not give options for cancel.

alibert
2011-02-12, 04:48 PM
Hi,

as I did not see any obvious in the logfiles, so it would be helpful if I could have a look at your npvr.sb3 database file. If it's not too large, could you please zip and attach it here?

-alibert

obiwan
2011-02-12, 05:03 PM
Here you go

Thanks for looking

obiwan
2011-02-12, 05:06 PM
Sorry need to hit the submit key harder

alibert
2011-02-13, 11:00 AM
Hi,

looking at your database, there's no scheduled recording for a show named "20/20".

The reason for the timeline being displayed "pending" for 8pm to 9pm might the scheduled recording "Dateline NBC *" on channel "8 WOWT" - so I don't see anything wrong there.

-alibert

roy
2011-02-13, 01:47 PM
I have seen this recently also, and the same is true in the TV Guide plugin, the timeline is highlighted for recording, but the show is not. The show does appear as pending, and does record properly for me.

Maybe we need to post this in the support forum for sub.

mvallevand
2011-02-13, 02:01 PM
TV Guide problems might be related to this bug http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?49184-quot-Quick-Record-quot-shows-disappear-after-Update-EPG

Martin

roy
2011-02-13, 02:54 PM
Yes, that sounds like my problem. Looking forward to the next release!

obiwan
2011-02-13, 06:29 PM
That is what is strange as 20/20 was originally scheduled. Even the timeline showed it.
While she was changing her mind and decided to watch 20/20 and record Dateline did she point out the issue.

The update does sound like it addresses this.

Appreciate the work you do on this plug-in.

obiwan

obiwan
2011-02-13, 06:32 PM
I will also see if the update clears up the channel icons showing multiple times per page.

obiwan