PDA

View Full Version : Genre colors not working

gonzo90017
2011-04-08, 05:41 PM
I made sure TV Listings.xml had ShowGenreColor was set to true but nothing. Is there something else I have to do?

Edit: Forgot to mention that I had installed and ran XMLTVExtras inside the scripts folder.

gonzo90017
2011-04-08, 09:27 PM
After about a half day it started working all by itself.?

gonzo90017
2011-04-11, 05:04 AM
I guess I spoke too soon. I have UpdateEPG, PostUpdateEPG.bat which contains:

XmltvExtras.exe
And XmltvExtras.exe in the NPVR/Scripts folder.
But it seems like XmltvExtras is not launching because I have no Genre colors in my guide. The only way I get colors is by manually launching XmltvExtras.exe.

Is there something else I need to do?

BrettB
2011-04-11, 03:38 PM
I guess I spoke too soon. I have UpdateEPG, PostUpdateEPG.bat which contains:

XmltvExtras.exe
And XmltvExtras.exe in the NPVR/Scripts folder.
But it seems like XmltvExtras is not launching because I have no Genre colors in my guide. The only way I get colors is by manually launching XmltvExtras.exe.

Is there something else I need to do?

Maybe put in the full path to XmltvExtras.exe?

roy
2011-04-12, 01:10 AM
I was never able to get xmltvextras to run from postupdateepg.bat in Win7, so I use task scheduler to run it every night after epg update. I think it's a permission thing with Win7.

gonzo90017
2011-04-12, 07:29 PM
Maybe put in the full path to XmltvExtras.exe?
I'll give that a try.

If that doesn't work i'll try roy's suggestion and just have it run at 2:01 am using Task Scheduler.

I wonder if it's because PostUpdateEPG isn't being run after UpdateEPG? I wonder this because if I manually double click on PostUpdateEPG XmltvExtras is updated properly.

ElihuRozen
2011-04-12, 08:24 PM
I'd guess that when PostUpdateEPG.bat is run, it is using NPVR's directory as the working directory. Either use the full path to execute XmltvExtras, as was said above, or put cd {full path to your scripts folder} as the first line. If you use cd, you can add >>../logs/XmltvExtras.log to the line you use run XmltvExtras. That way you can have a log of what it is doing. Don't forget to roll it over or delete it periodically.