PDA

View Full Version : Feature Request - Highlight NEW episodes

ttfitz
2012-02-09, 11:42 PM
First, let me say I LOVE this plugin, particularly the ability to set a negative padding time - so helpful when sports run over and the schedule gets pushed back.

I think the genre coloring is nice, even though I don't use it much. It would be great, though, if one of the genre choices were "new", so I could easily see what shows were new in a glance.

It would also be nice since the new TV Guide now allows series recordings of only new episodes to have that functionality here, but I don't know exactly how the plugin is coded for this stuff, so I don't know how hard that would be.

Thanks.

alibert
2012-02-12, 11:49 AM
Hi,

to inidcate "new" programs, the plugin uses an icon. Currently, the plugin uses it's own database to retrieve this information, but I'm going to adjust the plugin so that it'll use the npvr internal information that is available since the last release.

-alibert

ttfitz
2012-02-12, 06:06 PM
to inidcate "new" programs, the plugin uses an icon. Currently, the plugin uses it's own database to retrieve this information, but I'm going to adjust the plugin so that it'll use the npvr internal information that is available since the last release.
-alibert

Yeah, I see the "new" icon, but unless I'm missing something, you can only tell if a program is new (i.e. see the icon) if you are on that program in the guide, right? I would like to highlight all the programs that are new, like the genre colors do, so I can easily pick out which shows are new in one glance. I figured since the genre information and the "new" information comes out of the epg data in some way, it might be possible to add "new" to the genre coloring in some fashion.

Thanks again for all your work on this.

alibert
2012-02-13, 07:25 AM
Hi,

okay, understood. I'll see what I can do, maybe I'm also going to add a "new" icon into such programme's rectangles in the grid.

-alibert

smajor
2012-02-13, 01:22 PM
Oooo, I was going to suggest this having read the thread. I think that would look nice if done properly!

Hi,

okay, understood. I'll see what I can do, maybe I'm also going to add a "new" icon into such programme's rectangles in the grid.

-alibert

ttfitz
2012-02-13, 09:44 PM
I'll see what I can do, maybe I'm also going to add a "new" icon into such programme's rectangles in the grid.

Yeah, that would work, too. Thanks.