PDA

View Full Version : XRecord v22 4-9-2005

jorm
2005-04-09, 03:44 AM
v22 2005-4-8
*Include cdk date fix
*Added secondary dl image 2 (tv tome)
1 is imdb.
*Sort ready and videos if merge is selected.
*Added run cdk from stop list.
*Now download image supports &
*Stop list now scrolls.
*include working zapimport db
*home/esc now backs out of popups better.
*rewrote free space to fix com error some users were getting.

on wiki

capone
2005-04-09, 12:33 PM
I'm sure there are a lot of thanks from all for some of these fixes. Just installed it (I didn't copy over the DBs...assuming they are the same), and all seems well so far, but I just entered and poked around.

What does the "run cdk" do?

jorm
2005-04-09, 12:45 PM
the dbs are the same with the exception of the zapclean.mdb. I appreicate the thanks and the confirmation that I did not break anything at midnight when making the package half asleep.

Runs the cdk scheduler if installed. Typically it runs at epg update this allows you to run it on demand as well.

I also added focus on buttons when you start up as an option, request for dubya. run config->plugin->settings hit save, edit config.xml and look under xrecord for focus set it to false. By default focus is on the ready list.

capone
2005-04-09, 01:29 PM
Cool. Thx. And thx for putting in the time.

I used run on a recorded show, and it just ran a dos window and closed. I guess cdk did something to/with it.

jorm
2005-04-09, 01:37 PM
Yeah it ran the cdk scheduler. If you add shows in the scheduler box it will add them if they occur.

MuffinMan
2005-04-09, 01:52 PM
In PostProcessing.bat,
there is
comskip %1
rectracker %1 > rectracker.log

On checking the rectracker plugin its states to edit

You will have to edit two batch files.

The postepgupdate.bat
rectracker -purge

The postprocessing.bat
rectracker -add %1

My question is do i need to add the line to postepgupdate.bat ?

Thanks

jorm
2005-04-09, 01:55 PM
yeah I was debating about adding it to the batch for everyone or not. I run with the -purge since once I record a show I do not want to record it again. I did not convince myself yet... that everyone wants that.

soccerdad
2005-04-09, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the great plug-in! I am still kind of new to all of this and have a couple of basic questions. How do I add the icons for the shows? On my directories it just has the "no poster submitted, click here" icon. But clicking on it does not do anything.
Also, what to the archive and export buttons do? I clicked them and they don't seem to do anything. Finally, when I click sheduler, I get a could not find file....priority recording.xml error.

This is the first real plugin I have tried so I am sure I just did not follow the directions correctly but any help would be appreciated.

Dubya
2005-04-09, 03:36 PM
Jorm... thanks for putting the focus in! Is there anyway that I can make it so the focus is always on the menu bar when you enter Xrecord? Right now it is only the first time I go into Xrecord after restarting GBPVR. Thanks again though dude... If I was in Florida, I buy you a beer.

Cheers,

Dubya

spyder40
2005-04-09, 05:34 PM
Jorm,

Is there any way you can allow * on downloads? I'm getting an error on M*A*S*H when using IMDB of illegal character. When I tried 2 for TV Tome it doesn't error but doesn't download either. Such a petty request...this plugin rocks!

KingArgyle
2005-04-09, 09:52 PM
You can get the a sample priority recordings.xml file from here:

http://www.bladerhq.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Utilities/CDKScheduler

To get the posters downloaded, select press your STOP button or CTRL + S on the poster your want to find, and the select the DL Image button.

darrin75
2005-04-10, 04:41 AM
If using the transcode button, nothing shows up to transcode. No videos ..
Am i missing something in the config..I think i have to modules to play ty files which are tivo files, but really having hard time setting vlc up to transcode them on the fly for the mvp.

sammy_smith
2005-04-10, 05:03 AM
I just wanted to say thanks to Jorm for the fix. Great work!
-Sammy

jorm
2005-04-10, 12:22 PM
Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

dubya,
next release I will add it.

darrin75,
Do you see your ty file?
If not
Did you add ty into the config. Make sure the path is right.
else
After you click transcode can you click on play.

darrin75
2005-04-10, 05:53 PM
The transcoding has the same path as XVideoPath1, path2 etc

Dubya
2005-04-10, 05:56 PM
Does anyone know how to decrease the spacing between the recordings on the reoccuring part of xrecord?

Thanks,

Dubya

jorm
2005-04-10, 06:30 PM
Dubya,
Are you asking in reference to skinning? If so it is hard coded. I can change it?

Dubya
2005-04-10, 06:32 PM
Yeah can you change it so it's variable... I'd like to clean it up so I can add one or two more listing and then make the spacing tighter like the other plugins..

jorm
2005-04-10, 06:49 PM
v23 2005-4-11
*Fixed bug that prevented playing if using internal transcoder
*Now support stars in filenames
*If focus is set on buttons stays on buttons between restarts.
*/settings/Language/ReoccurSpacing value="50"

Dubya
2005-04-10, 06:53 PM
Dude, your awesome! Now do you know how I can post my skin in this newsgroup thing, hehe.

jorm
2005-04-10, 07:09 PM
hopefully it works. Otherwise let me know. I have not figured out how to post to the newsgroup yet.

darrin75
2005-04-10, 07:23 PM
Jorm,

Pm me your email i want to send you some stuff i dug up on ty files. It source, maybe you can easily put it into app.

smeghead
2005-04-10, 08:35 PM
Dubya: There's a wiki that everyone uses for plugins, skins, utilities and general info

http://www.bladerhq.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/HomePage

You need to ask bladerhq for a login and then upload your skin. See the other skin files as examples.

spyder40
2005-04-11, 03:04 PM
Jorm,

Thanks for the stars, works great!

jorm
2005-04-11, 03:36 PM
:)

Networker
2005-04-11, 04:31 PM
yeah I was debating about adding it to the batch for everyone or not. I run with the -purge since once I record a show I do not want to record it again. I did not convince myself yet... that everyone wants that.

I assume I can put the -purge argument into my postprocessing.bat to purge a recorded show from the pending list? I haven't tried it to see if it would work, but I guess I could have my postprocessing.bat look like this:

comskip %1
rectracker %1 > rectracker.log
rectracker -add %1
rectracker -purge

And/or leave the PostupdateEPG.bat to:

cd c:\program files\devnz\gbpvr
PriorityRecording.exe > recording.log
rectracker -purge

I don't see how it could hurt to have it in both Post*.bat files as it would keep something from being recorded a couple hours later before the EPG updated. I think I'll try it tonight, unless I see otherwords in this thread.

John

jorm
2005-04-11, 07:05 PM
It should work. I figure the internal scheduler and cdk schedulers run at epg update so purge should as well. It will not hurt.

Dubya
2005-04-12, 02:07 AM
Hey Jorm, Can I ask for two little skin fixes in the next rev. :D

1.) Can you make the show scrolling in the video section the same as it is in the reoccuring section, right now in the video section I don't believe there is a maxshow listing tag.
2.) I dunno if this is possible, but would it be possible to be able to select the background fill color for each of the menu items... This would allow a skin maker to get better contrast with a back background when needed. See attached pics.

Thanks alot!

Dubya

p.s. For anyone who cares... here's a list of plugins that my new skin will support... if you want your plugin skin'd for the Dubya skin just let me know and I'll whip it off...

Dubya's Skin Supports:
All standard GBPVR functions
Xrecord - Latest Ver
RSS Reader - Latest Ver
Theater Plugin - Latest Ver
Weather Plugin - Latest Ver

Dubya
2005-04-12, 02:22 AM
What do you think tipster? This is my first crack at doing a skin, and I'd love to get some feedback on it.

jorm
2005-04-12, 01:35 PM
sure thing dubya.

jorm
2005-04-12, 01:40 PM
the images look cool, I need to switch off of red sky already.

Dubya
2005-04-12, 02:11 PM
Jorm,

This is what I'm trying to avoid...

jorm
2005-04-12, 05:34 PM
Change this line
<VideoLines value="7"/>

Just lower it a few.

markm
2005-04-12, 06:10 PM
I'm starting to get my head around this.

PriorityRecording.exe uses the PriorityRecordings.xml file as it's config file to determine what to schedule from your EPG, correct? So after a guide update, you run it to auto-schedule things based on what you setup in the xml.

rectracker.exe runs after an actual recording happens, and adds the show to the tracker database so it can keep track of shows you've already recorded?

The -purge option removes shows from the schedule (presumably placed there by priorityrecording.exe) that you've already recorded?

jorm
2005-04-12, 06:51 PM
correct. The purge will remove things from priorityrecordings.exe or something that the default scheduler adds.

markm
2005-04-12, 08:25 PM
I'm assuming that priorityrecording injects ALL matching shows, rather than the first timeslot, so that conflicts and failed recordings are easier to sort out, and relies on the rectracer -purge to flush the excess once the show's really recorded?

ie; I tossed in a show, which has the same episode airing on multiple days/times, so I have a bunch of scheduled recordings for the same episode. Once the first one is successful, rectracker will purge the remainder? Or am I being too lose in defining my search criteria?

jorm
2005-04-12, 08:48 PM
rectracker will purge the remainder if in the postupdateepg.bat. I believe that jrock has some duplicate logic checking in CDK scheduler to find the first episode that is not in conflict.

jrockintuitive
2005-04-12, 09:02 PM
Jorm is correct... the first eposide that is not in conflict.

Where the program falls down is using the same eposide at a different time so another show can record.
Translation:
Show JRock's House has a priority level of one. The eposide JRock goes to hollywood is playing on Tuesday at 1PM and Wednesday at 4PM.
Show Jorm's World has a priority level of two (Jorm, sorry about the priority level but this is my explanation). The eposide Jorm knows it all plays only on Tuesday at 1PM.

Since JRock has a higher priority then Jorm- JRock goest to hollywood would be recorded on Tuesday and 1PM and Jorm knows it all wil not be recorded.
CDK is not smart enough to know that both eposides can be recorded. CDK just goes by timeslot and priority.

jorm
2005-04-13, 01:38 AM
so now I am a know at all??? j/k

Dubya
2005-04-13, 04:10 AM
Jorm, do videos and reoccuring use the same <VideoLines value="7"/> if so might you know why videos always displays one more than this number?

Thanks,

Dubya

jorm
2005-04-13, 11:54 AM
The video lines are used by any list view. Ready, Pending, Video and Reoccuring. As for why it is always one more than this number. Probably a bad for loop. :)

jorm
2005-04-14, 11:39 AM
you can add the paths to the config on your own follow the same pattern

ingesol
2005-04-14, 09:32 PM
Is the icon download broken in the last version? I upgraded a couple of days ago to xrecord 23 and GBPVR 0.91.11. It worked with the previous versions, now nothing happens when i press either Ctrl+O or the empty remote button.

KingArgyle
2005-04-14, 11:04 PM
Jorm, changed it but didn't update the command information on the Wiki. Instead of CTRL + O, use CTRL + S or hit the STOP button on your remote.

jorm
2005-04-15, 11:58 AM
the wiki is now updated