PDA

View Full Version : Getting TV Listings to work

rgrycza
2014-06-14, 02:43 PM
Very basic question.... On a Windows 8 computer....

I have downloaded TV Listings plugin. From the downloaded Plugins folder I put the TV Listings folder into C:Users/Public/NPVR/Plugins, and from the downloaded Skin/default folder, I put TV Listings and TV Recordings folders into C:Users/Public/NPVR/Skin/Default. I then started NextPVR and went to settings->plugins and clicked the checkboxes next to TV Listings and TV Recordings, and closed the program.

But - when I start NextPVR, I don't see TV Listings anywhere. I even restarted the computer. How do I access it? Is there something else I need to enable?

Thanks!
Russ

ACTCMS
2014-06-14, 03:58 PM
Go to Settings - Plugins and tick TV Listings and TV Recordings and they should now appear in the menu...

Alex

rgrycza
2014-06-14, 04:15 PM
I do have them checked, and have restarted the program (and computer) after doing so. On the main menu I only have "TV Guide" "Recordings" "Live TV" "Search" "Music" and "Videos".

TV Listings should just show up on the main menu, right?

Thanks!

ACTCMS
2014-06-14, 04:22 PM
Maybe start NPVR then compress and post your logs...

Alex

gEd
2014-06-14, 04:37 PM
having enable TV listings, did you click on the TV listing item under plugins (on the left) to configure it.

also check this thread to avoid an error
http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?55478-Unhandled-Exception

rgrycza
2014-06-14, 04:45 PM
Here are the logs...

Thanks for your help!

rgrycza
2014-06-14, 04:54 PM
gEd - I have gone through the plugin configuration and created a guide with a few channels on it, but I still don't find a way to access TV Listings on the menu. Not getting any kind of error messages or exceptions...

Thanks for you help!

mvallevand
2014-06-14, 05:37 PM
gEd - I have gone through the plugin configuration and created a guide with a few channels on it, but I still don't find a way to access TV Listings on the menu. Not getting any kind of error messages or exceptions...

Thanks for you help!

Some people haven't noticed that the menu scrolls around past what looks like the bottom of the list.

Martin

gEd
2014-06-14, 06:04 PM
Humm.

forgive me if I suggest something very very basic but you have used the left/right arrow keys to scroll through the menu items???

mvallevand
2014-06-14, 06:13 PM
Up and down too, on the default Vertical menu it is not clear at all that items might not be showing up.

Martin

martint123
2014-06-14, 06:18 PM
Some people haven't noticed that the menu scrolls around past what looks like the bottom of the list.

That's the one that threw me when I had a look at it! (guess I was expecting more items on the list) :eek:

rgrycza
2014-06-14, 08:29 PM
Thanks mvallevand and gEd! That was the problem - I didn't expect that there were more menu options below those shown (vertical display).

Now - How do I get program information? It shows my channels, but not show listings. NPVR's TV Guide doesn't show any either. Is there a firewall change I have to make to allow it to access the information?

Thanks!!!

gEd
2014-06-14, 09:31 PM
How do I get program information? It shows my channels, but not show listings. NPVR's TV Guide doesn't show any either. Is there a firewall change I have to make to allow it to access the information?

have you read the wiki, linked at the top of this page as to how to configure your Electronic Programme Guide (EPG).

rgrycza
2014-06-15, 01:07 AM
Thanks - I will take a look at the Wiki.

tommyr63
2015-08-01, 03:28 PM
This was it for me, too. I expected the plug-in to replace the existing guide area. Instead, it creates another entry on the main menu. To see it, you have to scroll down.

Thanks

Graham
2015-08-02, 11:09 AM
I expected the plug-in to replace the existing guide area.

Did you see that you can tick items off and on in Settings --> Plugins ... You can tick off the original TV Guide.

Plus, you can change the order of items in the menu by editing the list in config.xml.