PDA

View Full Version : Channel .numbers

roy
2014-12-18, 06:33 PM
Can TV Listings skin display the newly enabled major.minor channel numbers?

roy
2014-12-20, 05:27 PM
bump. It looks like @number shows the correct number.minor in the TV Guide skin, but TV Listings skin does not show the .minor. Can we get this in the TV Listings skin?

Thanks

mvallevand
2014-12-20, 06:03 PM
I know that this isn't just a skinning thing. Sub added a couple of new fields and variables to the API that would need to be handled by the plugin.

Martin

alibert
2014-12-22, 04:25 PM
Hi,

is there some more information on that topic available and/or can somebody provide an example xmltv file or npvr.db3 database containibg such channel numbers?

-alibert

mvallevand
2014-12-22, 10:34 PM
Hi,

is there some more information on that topic available and/or can somebody provide an example xmltv file or npvr.db3 database containibg such channel numbers?

-alibert

In 3.3.8 all you need to do edit a channel and enter the minor number yourself in the second (unlabeled) spinner control, this populate the int field named minor in the channel table. For the API all channel calls will now return the Channel.Minor int but if you want to just pass something to a skin there is Channel.FormattedNumber that will be either the channel Number if the minor is zero and Number.Minor otherwise.

Martin

sub
2014-12-22, 10:43 PM
Just to add to Martin's reply. You can set a minor number on any channel, including DVB etc, which makes it useful for testing. As he said, channel.FormattedNumber is a convenient way to display the channel number wherever you need to.

crossnet
2014-12-30, 11:23 PM
It looks like I spoke too soon. This morning I found that everything is working. It needed to have the EPG updated, which was done automatically last night. Sorry about the false alarm.

-----------------------------------------

I think I have one more variation of this issue. The minor number doesn't appear to work with the channel selector buttons in Live TV mode in the default screen.

In previous versions of NPVR, I have used artificial channel numbers for our "dot" channels. After upgrading to 3.8, I reentered my digital channels with their corresponding "dot" numbers and they appeared correctly in the Guide and the Channel list. I can select any of the "dot" channels in those screens. But, I can't step to them in Live TV mode. The selector just skips over them and goes to the next integer channel number. (I don't have a "dot" key on my remotes to test direct entry). So, for now its back to the old work around.

emr