PDA

View Full Version : Jukebox Plugin v5.3

jam40jeff
2005-04-30, 03:34 PM
Attached is v5.3 of the Jukebox Plugin.

- added support for id3v2 tags
- added support for reading album art from id3 tag
- improved button handling code (green button switches between file list and now playing, red and yellow buttons do not pass their action to file list when changing modes (to match the behavior of all the other buttons)

Feel free to email me or post comments, suggestions, or requests.

jam40jeff
2005-05-01, 08:24 AM
I'm working on it for v5.4.

spyder40
2005-05-02, 04:45 PM
Jeff,

Having trouble figuring out what buttons do what on a 45 button MVP, any documentation? I store my music in artist->album->songs layout and would like to select entire albums at a time. I figured out how to go into each album directory and select each song to create the playlist. Also, how do I de-select when I oops?

nightwalker
2005-05-02, 06:22 PM
Just wanted to tell you how much i enjoy this plug in. I've been using it for about two weeks and it's almost everything i wanted in a casual player. There are other plug ins that do well for albums, or whole directories but this is a real boon for parties, or times when i just don't know what i want or don't feel like picking something. i just let it run.

The only thing i notice, and it was on the last version as well is using it with the MVP and trying to pick songs can be a bit cumbersome. The IR control is very sluggish unlike some of the other plug ins i've tried. Still overall, i love this thing, nothing else does what it does.

jam40jeff
2005-05-02, 10:33 PM
-> spyder40:

There is no way currently to select multiple items at once. As I have been using this plugin more and more (which is why I sytarted working on it) that feature has rapidly climbed on my ToDo list. I will investigate which buttons are currently unused and assign one as a Select All button so you can do a search or enter a folder and qucikly enqueue all of the songs in that folder. As far as simple playlist editing (deleting and moving songs), I have some great ideas for that, but I want to finish what I am currently working on before I get to that. (I am currently rewriting the sound playing backend to use BASS instead of the built-in GB-PVR audio handler. BASS is MUCH more stable and can play MP3 files with id3v2.4 tags, a MUST for my collection. BASS can also play WAV/MP2/MP1/OGG/WMA/FLAC files as well.) Which brings me to my next poster...

-> nightwalker:

I am glad you like this plugin. It wasn't originally mine, but there has been no activity on it recently and I use it quite a bit, so I decided to take it over and make improvements. It is a great plugin, simple yet serves a specific purpose very well. Unfortunately, I do not have an MVP (or know anyone that does), so I cannot test these things out. I have no idea why the IR would be sluggish. All I can suggest are turning off the "Continuous Updates" and "Animation" options in the Configuration dialog. I have a new version which I am about to release (v5.4) which utilizes a complete rewrite of the sound backend. I am not sure if it will work on the MVP because of the way it accesses the audio subsytem. If you would like to test it out, send me an email (jam40jeff at adelphia dot net) and I will send you the plugin to try. I am interested to know what happens on the MVP. Thanks.

nightwalker
2005-05-03, 12:18 PM
I'd be happy to test it on the MVP for you. I will and have sent email and will look forward to seeing what it does on the MVP.

Thanks

ronkmd
2005-05-04, 04:47 PM
Thanks for continuing work on this plugin. I think it has the potential to be the most useful music plugin for GBPVR/MVP.

This might be a dumb question, but how do you change the current directory? The plugin keeps displaying only one of my music directories and I'd like to search/play another. The database apparently accounts for all my music though. PS: I'm primarily using this on MVP.

Thanks

Ron

tkgafs
2005-06-28, 08:43 AM
Hi Jam40Jeff,

is there any progress on version 5.4 yet

Tkgafs

jam40jeff
2005-06-28, 04:06 PM
Sorry, I have been busy with finding a new job. I will be starting soon, and am very busyt finishing up at my old job, so things are temporarily on hold.