PDA

View Full Version : Any retained info

arrbee99
2019-06-17, 10:23 PM
If I now decide to say bugger it and uninstall v4 and install v5 on Windows, is any info retained eg settings, channels logos, and particularly program artwork ?

mikeh49
2019-06-17, 10:32 PM
You could try by copying your v4 database and config files to the v5 data directory to see if they work. I doubt this will break anything. But, as sub said, v5 isn't really ready for production. You could set up a few channels to see how you like it. The vast majority of the changes are under the hood/bonnet. The Windows UI client looks just like v4. The biggest change is doing the settings via the browser interface.

Or, you could wait for sub or Martin to answer. I have no idea if sub changed anything in the database structure or in the config settings. And, it might depend on your system config, clients etc.

arrbee99
2019-06-17, 10:44 PM
Thanks. I'll probably compromise by at least making a backup.

Just can't decide whether I'd actually prefer it to be carried over or its a good excuse for a clearout...

mvallevand
2019-06-17, 11:17 PM
The database changed a lot but the empty.db3 format is old and the new tables and other changes should be applied when you startup. You also have to copy metadata to npvr-data folder from the original media location to the new media location.

Martin