PDA

View Full Version : Media MVP at Radio Shack

bigbus01
2005-09-02, 07:12 PM
Just bought the last Media MVP from Radio Shack in Columbia MD for $40. They cut the price in half today. :)

Bigbus

jorm
2005-09-02, 07:15 PM
I wonder if hauppauge is finally coming out with a new MVP version and they are liquidating the older ones.

Any rebates?

jquinlan
2005-09-02, 07:16 PM
I wonder if Hauppauge is phasing the model out...this is the second vendor to discount them. :confused:

jquinlan
2005-09-02, 07:17 PM
Jorm beat me to the question.

jorm
2005-09-02, 07:23 PM
I had spoke to hauppauge about 6 months back. They said besides the wireless they were at least a year away from having one with more functions. The person might not have had any idea. Probably because the wireless one is comming.

I had asked about being able to play wav in hardware. I wish it could do that then we can turn the MVP into a smart VOIP phone

I am looking for a link online to see the price so I dont have to run to 4 different stores. No luck yet.

bigbus01
2005-09-02, 07:52 PM
They guy at Radio Shack said that it was because the wireless version was coming out. I'm not sure he knew what he was talking about.

Bigbus

bigbus01
2005-09-02, 07:54 PM
The part number was 25-3215. The guy looked it up in the database and found it at another store. If you call they might do it for you.

jorm
2005-09-02, 07:55 PM
the wireless version should be out soon. I would take the wired one any day over the wireless. I figured they would just make the wireless version $149. If they want to make the wired one cheaper. :)

After I buy my 6 MVPs then they will come out with the HDTV MVP

A_Brass
2005-09-03, 01:44 AM
All my local radio shack's have had the MVP on clearance for months. The price was around $69 or $79. I was told they when it had sat on the shelf long enough they would move the price down some more. Sounds like it has finally happened. It might have nothing to do with Hauppauge, to be honest if your not using GB-Pvr a MVP really isn't that great of a device. I think most people overlook it. At my local radioshack's its always on the top shelf no where near eye level. Unless your 8 feet tall.

However it's very curious that Circuit City then Radioshack both have clearanced the MVP. Humm

Pioneer4x4
2005-09-03, 02:33 AM
Thanks for the info!!! I just bought the last two in my area for $40 each! I will be lending one to a co-worker if he wants to try it.

daphatty
2005-09-03, 04:39 PM
Man! That's cheaper than the one I bought at Circuit City a few weeks back! I'm really tempted to get another one even though I only have two televisions.

HamsterGirl35
2005-09-03, 08:41 PM
Hi,

Can you help me out, is this the item number for Hauppauge MediaMVP (model #1000)?

I can't find it in their website to confirm....

The part number was 25-3215. The guy looked it up in the database and found it at another store. If you call they might do it for you.

HamsterGirl35
2005-09-03, 09:01 PM
So, if I go to the radio shack, is it Hauppauge Media MVP model #1000

"MediaMVP?Home Entertainment Digital Media Controller"

It didn't mention anything about the brandname "HAUPPAUGE"

I am actually asking my brother to go and he has no idea what exactly I am buying, that's why I have to rely on the correct catalog #.....

Don't go by that site, call the store where you live and have them track them down one by one by store. Good luck! :)

Pioneer4x4
2005-09-03, 09:23 PM
Ask for Media MVP 25-3215. If they don't have it, ask them to check other nearby stores.

BTW, the 2 I got have the old remotes, and are rev D3A.

And there is a disk with a demo of
"Snapstream Media Personal Video Station 3"
I can't even look at it, since only one came with a disk, and it is snapped in half... I think my mom stacked a bunch of stuff up...... I'm taking them to the airport tomorrow so that will end that.

jorm
2005-09-04, 02:37 AM
I bought 2 more myself. They are so cheap. Revision D3a. I am going to give 1 as a gift. Got 4 total now. Now I just need 2 more TVs.

Pioneer4x4
2005-09-04, 03:10 AM
Took a while to get them to locate them in the store and to tell them what they are and used for. Shouldn't matter the clerk came out from the back room with none asked me for that number again, then he came out with one!

I had told him I wanted both of them since they only had two in the store for $39 each. He had tried to get me to purchase that extend $10 BS which I don't need if they fail I just go to the other RS store or have them order it from another RS store for exchange. They all have 2 in stock. One with the display box empty and the other one un open in the back somewhere hidden and locked up. Took them 15 minutes to figure out where they were in the store. The manager is who I had spoken with this morning but he had left 4pm the clerks were cueless and doing nothing..
This is almost word for word what I went through last night!! One was buried in the back room the other was the display box, and they had to find the contents on the roof, or at grandma's or something. It took AT LEAST 15-20 min! They had no idea what they were either! I called about 3 hours earlier, and asked them to hold them for me. When I got there, there was no hold note, and nobody knew where they were!

HamsterGirl35
2005-09-04, 03:48 AM
still unable to get themm......
my brother said the some of the stores RS called to check were already OPEN/damanged, etc, etc.....
Gosh... I can't believe it's that hard to get them...... :(

How come there's none on sale like that In Canada..... :(

jorm
2005-09-04, 10:17 AM
i would ask them to check in their database to tell you what stores had it. i went to 2 stores before I eventually asked them to check they said only one store in my area had them. So I bought both of the ones they had. They have no idea what they are. They tried to give me a mp3 player when I asked for the media mvp.

jorm
2005-09-04, 12:11 PM
at least you still have gas. there are now a lot of stations in my area that have no gas.

reven
2005-09-04, 12:28 PM
there are now a lot of stations in my area that have no gas.
i didnt even no that could happen..... its expensive here to, but every station i know has petrol..... what do they sell now? are the still open??? its just strange....

Pioneer4x4
2005-09-04, 06:50 PM
3.199 everywhere in the PGH, PA area. From 10 miles west to 25 miles east. No lines, there was a rush on Wednesday when it did the jump, then nobody at the pumps on Thursday, now it seems normal.

But back to the MVPs, you can mix and match remotes right? I now have
2 of each of the silver ones, and one of the old black ones.

I upgraded my machine this morning. I put everything in the P4 2.8 case. I was able to use all of my current memory
2x128,2x256 so 768 in dual channel mode.

I had to do a repair on XP to get it to detect the controllers, then reinstall all of the critical updates.... It's humming along now. Even with GBPVR sucking down then ram, I still have 190 meg available with 2 MVP servers running. Now I don't need to buy RAM until I use my 2.0ghz to upgrade the kids' 1ghz machine, then I'll take it over for my server.

sub
2005-09-04, 07:05 PM
But back to the MVPs, you can mix and match remotes right? I now have
2 of each of the silver ones, and one of the old black ones.
I doubt the old black one would work. I've seen a few people reporting this doesnt work.

jaredallen
2005-09-04, 07:13 PM
The Radio Shack here couldn't find any nearby, but the salesman is willing to sell one and ship it free to my house. Maybe somebody else will be able to get this done too.

jaredallen
2005-09-05, 01:54 PM
no dice on the shipping bit. The clerk didn't know how to do it, and when he called somebody for help they told him that the product was discontinued so they shouldn't ship them around. He saw 27 in the system for Arizona and did point me at two a few miles away which I picked up. Now I'm going to take the receipt back to Circuit City and try to get a price match. :D

Pioneer4x4
2005-09-05, 03:47 PM
Now I'm going to take the receipt back to Circuit City and try to get a price match. :D

Now THAT's a good idea. Especially if they have it with the newer remote.

I just hooked up one of the ones I got from the Shack. (D3A) I put it on my older 27". I didn't hook it up to the network yet, but the initial blue screen was WAY too bright. My wife and daughters are watching some dog show now, so it is off limits for a while. I'll plugin the other one, and swap it with my original to see if it is the MVP or the TV.

Pioneer4x4
2005-09-05, 07:30 PM
It ended up not being the MVPs or the TV actually. I tired all 3 MVPs, and they all looked like crap. I was connecting them to the front panel "Video 1" input. Then I remembered that this TV has 3 sets of inputs. "Video 1" is mirrored on the front and back. That is where the PS2 is plugged in. I unplugged it, and viola, perfect picture.

PS, I just updated my signature, and it changed on all old messages, kinda nice.

rjm12
2005-09-06, 12:05 AM
Hi All,

I hope this is not to dumb a question.?
I'm thinking about getting one and have a question about the output.
Is there any sort of resolution setting in the MVP or is it based off of
the computers video card setting. Can I just hook it up and it will fill
out the screen on any size TV?

Also if I get two one for each TV how does GB-PVR know which one is which?
MAC address or IP address?

Thanks,

Rob

UncleJohnsBand
2005-09-06, 12:13 AM
Output comes from a standard video out cable (yellow RCA plug) so it will fill the whole TV screen for whatever TV you have hooked up.

You can have many MVP's hooked up on your network.....GBPVR uses the MAC of each unit to know which one is which.

Hope this helps. :D

wtg
2005-09-06, 02:20 AM
Just bought the last Media MVP from Radio Shack in Columbia MD for $40. They cut the price in half today. :)
Bigbus

Thanks a ton for starting this thread, Bigbus. I've been wanting to take the MVP plunge but had put it off until now. Bought two this weekend thanks to you... $39.98 a piece.

rjm12
2005-09-06, 03:36 PM
Thanks Guys,

I'll be picking one up today.

Rob

sean
2005-09-06, 07:57 PM
I just picked up 2 from Radio Shack and the firmware is D3A is that not a good firmware? Can you flash it?

jorm
2005-09-06, 08:17 PM
I dont think it is flashable. But D3a is not a bad firmware.

D3 is. D3 overheats and dies. D3a it is fixed.

sub
2005-09-06, 08:27 PM
The D3 has a part backwards which can lead to this problem. That said, I've been running a D3 without any problems for about 18 months.

sean
2005-09-06, 08:59 PM
thanks I will try them.

Networker
2005-09-07, 02:32 PM
Well I guess I'll find out what I'm getting when I get them. There are 2 Radio Shacks near me that have 2 MVPs each for $40. I've got them on hold.. 2 for friends, 2 for me.. That'll be 3 at home for me.. :)

HamsterGirl35
2005-09-11, 03:27 AM
so happy so happy.....^_^

I went over to US border today (calling the closest radio shack around that area--that still carried them)

I got them....I got them........

Thanks a lot OP, really appreciate the post...

Mine's Model 86001 Rev D3a Lot 4303

Thanks a lot ^_^

jorm
2005-09-11, 06:03 PM
congrats!

HamsterGirl35
2005-09-11, 06:21 PM
Thank you thank you....

BTW, i've noticed that my MVP remote control is so simple, it's only got like 34 buttons, while my PVR150 contains a lot more... strange....
I guess they are interchangeable.....
(BTW, I haven't used the PVR150 remote yet)

Pioneer4x4
2005-09-11, 08:27 PM
BTW, i've noticed that my MVP remote control is so simple, it's only got like 34 buttons, while my PVR150 contains a lot more... strange....
I guess they are interchangeable.....
(BTW, I haven't used the PVR150 remote yet)
Yep they are interchangeable. My 150 and original MVP came with the 43 buttons. and the 2 RS MVPs came with the 34. I'm using the 2 43 button ones, on the 2 RS MVPs now.