PDA

View Full Version : rss reader update

jorm
2005-09-08, 03:00 PM
4/10/2005 v.4.6 (jorm)
* When you have a feed highlighted hit Ctrl-Q or Pause to pull up the website. (then up/down to move around)
* Updated Source

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugin/RssReader

Spartan
2005-09-08, 05:57 PM
Works great!

Any chance to zoom in the website or perhaps use a firefox plugin (instead of IE) so I can use my adblocker?

jorm
2005-09-08, 08:15 PM
zoom is probably possible. As for firefox I dont know. I found a program called iecapt.exe that captures the website. I just show it.

Danka
2005-09-08, 09:54 PM
great job jorm, pulling up the website is a nice addition :)

jorm
2005-09-08, 10:15 PM
Thank you I got tired of just seeing the little snippet.

Danka
2005-09-08, 10:56 PM
lol, i just saw your reply here, while browsing my newsfeeds using the webpage feature, cool :)

venger
2005-09-17, 10:03 AM
Hi Jorm,

Just checked out the IECapt.exe. It works quite well - thanks ! :)

I am wondering, would it be possible for you to add support in RssReader for non -xml/rss feeds ?

i.e, the preferred behaviour is:

(1) Add a new line entry in newsfeeds.xml which points to a nonRSS link:
<feeds name="Perth Weather" url="http://www.bom.gov.au/cgi-bin/wrap_fwo.pl?IDW12300.txt" refresh="600"
/>

(2) User selects new entry "Perth Weather" in RSSReader.

(3) RSSReader processes link and realises that link is nonRSS - instead of showing an error msg, it uses IECapt.exe and loads the nonRSS link.

Anyway, just thought that this would be a cool way to make RSSReader even more versatile by being a static web viewer in a pinch :D.

jorm
2005-09-17, 11:01 AM
That is interesting. I do have the web viewer plugin which is a little bit more powerful, loads the next page in the background while you look at one. But it might be easy to add.

cakes
2006-02-10, 07:19 PM
Hey, great plugin, but this one

zoom is probably possible.
would really make me happy :). Now the letters on a webpage are far too small too read. What would be even cooler is a way of configuring which part of a webpage should be displayed by default, (and then automatically zoomed). :rolleyes:

MaBo
2007-01-29, 02:53 PM
Hi, Would it be possible to add support for animated gifs? The dutch buienradar uses that to show upcoming rain. It would be *very* cool.

Greetz,
MaBo