PDA

View Full Version : XRecord v.41

jorm
2005-09-27, 11:43 PM
http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugin/XRecord

To report bugs and the latest source can be found at
https://sourceforge.net/projects/cdkandxsuite

If you decide to use the recycler. I have tested that when I delete a file it gets copied to the specified directory. Note! your directories need to be matched for example if the file is on f:\video\x.mpg and your recycler directory is c:\recycler. I will delete the file. It must be on the same drive like f:\recycler

It is new and I am sure there are some bugs. Please let me know if you have problems or if it works great. :)

v.41 2005-09-27
*Rectracker add -subtitle to purge line
it will add logic to skip a show if it typically contains subtitles and for whatever reason
the epg has the generic description
*sort reoccurring by default
*fixed resoltion bug for xrecord and xsearch
*added some code to try to fix the missing image bug
*In pending if you hit ctrl-r it pulls up a comming soon list. Hit ctrl-r again and it will show a weekly list.
* added a ctrl-r equavlent in ready and xvideo with recent recordings. weekly and today
* include new cdk
*wrote a tool called the recycler. When it runs it checks a directory lets say [c:\recycled] not windows recycler.
If the amount of free space is below the user specified limit we will start deleting the oldest file out of this
directory. until the amount of free space is above this limit.
while ( checks the space )
{
removes oldest from recycler dir
}
* can create a file called gbpvr\recycler.txt see sample 1recycle.txt
if that file is found xrecord will use the recycler.

jorm
2005-09-27, 11:56 PM
recycler runs only when called. So you should add the call to it in postupdatepeg.bat and postprocessing.bat

no arguments needed.

jorm
2005-09-28, 03:40 PM
I think this is my first time posting xrecord and no comments at all. Especially since I added the recycler. I thought people would have commented. Oh well.

v.42 2005-09-28
* run cdk runs internally from function box
* Added a new color on the drive bar for the recycled directory
* Added size of recycled directory to free space popup
* Added a guard recycler will not run if the recycler directory is less than 3 characters trying to catch the users whom
do this c:\
* fixed bug in the recent recording popup box
* categories are now enabled by default, xcategories.txt still needs to be populated.
* cdk - with the duplicate bug fixed (King Argyle)

ShiningDragon
2005-09-28, 04:31 PM
I'll try out this software tonight, i'll promise you. But i am very new to GB-PVR and doesn't have to much experience... now the standard-modules and 3 3rd Party Plugins are running well, this means, i'll give your plugin tonight a try =) I hope it's not to heavy to configure... ^^;

jam_zhou
2005-09-28, 04:35 PM
To install the latest versions of xrecord, do I just run the installer?

If I wanted to do a clean re-install of xrecord, what files do I have to delete to do this?

How do I know if I've got the latest version?

The reason I ask this is because I've been having troubles installing xrecord from even the 0.3x versions.

Thanks.

capone
2005-09-28, 04:41 PM
I will chime in and say I love the new sort to see when the pendings will record...I used to have to use the web interface to see that.

If you're ever interested in doing it, I'd love more user-side settings for the XGuide. Things like being able to change the width (I set it back to 2hrs, but it was still 3hrs wide w/ 1hr of dead space). A percent would be great, for those fiddling w/ overscan. It would also be nice to turn colors on/off and bring back the icon/ch # view.

Everything else seems fine so far. Been working like a champ lately. I lost a recording once (just didn't keep in avail), but I don't know if it was xrecord-related at all.

jorm
2005-09-28, 05:39 PM
to install it with base settings just run the installer. If you want to configure it go into the config->plugins->xrecord settings.

> If I wanted to do a clean re-install of xrecord, what files do I have to delete to do
> this?
Overinstalling should fix it. Try that first if not I will write an uninstaller. The latest version can be found on the new wiki. v.42.

I did not realize I broke the icon mode. I will investigate.

It will be interesting when people start playing with the recycler. I am going to set it up on my main machine this weekend if I have a chance. I got tired of people asking if I still have a show when I just deleted it. This should help.

I am putting in a way to shut off colors.

as for changing back to two hours
edit skin-horiz.xml

change the two lines like this to below

<SpecialElement name="Guide" loc="110,58" visibleChannels="8" channelRowHeight="38"

showNavigation="false" borderWidth="2" rounded="false" showChannelIcons="true" MinutePixels="4.8"

showChannelNumberAlway="true" showRecordingBar="true"/>
<SpecialElement name="TimePeriods" loc="115,33" />

jorm
2005-09-28, 05:43 PM
the channel icon stuff is still there

make sure you have two lines like this in the skin.
<SpecialElement name="ChannelNumber" x="10" width="50" />
<SpecialElement name="ChannelNumberOnly" x="60" width="100" />

capone
2005-09-28, 06:13 PM
Thx...those worked, I just need to play w/ the numbers to get everything to align again/

tieke
2005-09-29, 01:57 AM
Just installed it - the addition of the recent/coming soon recordings is great - I kept the original GB-PVR recordings plugin enabled just for this feature.

Just a couple of minor skinning requests though:

could you let us specify the Stats text style (I find the "Continue" text gets mashed into the item numbers at my default text size)
would it be possible to have the noposter image be in the skin directory rather than the art one? I have a particular image I use, and have to keep replacing it each time I do an xrecord plugin upgrade. I know we can specify a different name/extension for the image, but want to keep the skin as generic as possible to avoid problems for others when I upload it.
and finally, I know it's a work in progress, but can we alter the ctrl-R list background colour?
thanks again for the work on what is my most-used plugin.

cheers,

tieke

jorm
2005-09-29, 10:51 AM
how about for the noposter I just alter the installer not to replace it if already there?

I will play with the other items.

tieke
2005-09-29, 11:29 AM
Sounds good to me - no real hurry on those, they are more me being a bit anal rather than being real problems :)

capone
2005-09-29, 02:06 PM
Don't know if this was just a one-time thing or something. I deleted a show that just finsihed recording, but it only dropped it from the Ready list. The file was still there.

I had just finished watching it, and had started watching from Pending list (I exited out to let it move to Ready). It was 7min after, and SA could have still been running, so it may not be XRecord-related.

I suppose the only thing that could make XRecord bulletproof in that way would be to have it delete first, test for the file, and then drop the DB entry.

gmorse
2005-09-29, 02:49 PM
I noticed if Comskip is still running on a recording when I delete it, it removes it from the DB, but not doesn't actually delete the file. Since changing to run comskip at recording time, I haven't had this problem anymore.

jorm
2005-09-29, 04:07 PM
actually I am calling GBPVR.Backend.Common.ScheduleHelper.getInstance(). CancelScheduledRecording(recording); to remove it. I wonder if we can get sub to look at it?

tieke
2005-09-29, 10:09 PM
Another thing I spotted a while ago, which isn't major but is a difference between xrecord and the built-in recordings, is that if you set in a post-show padding of say 10 minutes, at the scheduled show end-time the program dissappears from "pending", but doesn't arrive in "ready" until the padding is complete (confused me once when I was trying to locate a missing program which I was sure I had just recorded). In the default recordings plugin, the show remains in "pending" until the recording is complete.

cheers,

tieke

capone
2005-09-29, 10:53 PM
I found the trick for the colors is just to comment out the ones I don't want. I think I'm used to the Yahoo guide, where really just movies and sports were shaded to stand out next to shows. I get the feeling they don't send that classification, based on what I see in the description detail.

I'm still playing w/ the guide display. I do html all day, but xy pos w/o a real-time view is a painful procress. Do these layout allow for percents? That would a way I could play w/ layouts more dynamically in my head.

The reason I'm messing w/ it is also in part becasue my wife doesn't always wear her glasses, and our 27" is pretty far from the dining room table. I'm pretty close to getting 7 channels to be more visable.

Let me is movies is a category, and if percents can be used. No requests avove...just looking for info mostly.

Necro
2005-09-30, 05:05 AM
Wait...is there a way to get colors into the Guide? I'm using Zap2It as an epg source but I'm getting no coloring of the Xguide at the moment - would definitely like it.

The only other real question I had is...why is the guide so much slower then the default one? Did I set something up wrong or...is it just naturally slower?

Great job, btw.

jorm
2005-09-30, 11:31 AM
if you disable color coding it will become about as fast as the typical guide even if you dont see colors today. I have a switch to turn it completly off in it for the next release.

Necro, if you use zapimport <zaplogin> <zappassword> you will see the colors.

I do not believe it handles percents. I can look into it though.

As for the pending bug being moved. I am relying on the scheduled recording state to tell me where it goes. I wonder what the state is at that time.

cubsfan
2005-09-30, 02:18 PM
Can you provide a list of files that get installed when the XRecord installer is run? Better yet, an uninstaller like some of the other plugins have.

jorm
2005-09-30, 04:34 PM
I am posting an uninstaller on the wiki page. I thought it was a good feature once you installed it you can never get rid of it.

Necro
2005-10-04, 03:36 AM
Hrm...now getting an error with the guide. Was just scanning through the EPG trying to get things setup, see what I need to shift. This is the error:

Error: Execute Reader requires an open and available COnnection. The connection's current state is Open, Executing.

As a secondary thing, is it possible to change what is searched for in Xsearch? As in I want to search for program names and genres, but dont want channels and subtitles to appear at all. Also, don't know if anyone mentioned this but genres you spelled as genenres I believe. Just a nitpick :)

jorm
2005-10-04, 01:00 PM
I will fix the typo. That is a strange error. If you still have it can you send the gbpvr.exe.log to jared_dubin at hotmail.com

It says the connection is open.

So when you hit ctrl-y you dont want to go through the other categories correct? Currently unsupported but possible.

Necro
2005-10-04, 01:14 PM
Yeah, when I hit control-Y, it would be cool if you could either select what category shows up next, OR (In config or something) set which ones it toggles through.

Also, not sure if your aware of this or what, but it appears that Xsearch and Xrecord have issues with backgrounds that are not 720x480 - I'm assuming it's that. It could be another resizing issue. The background I was using was 800x600 and it worked fine in everything but in Xsearch and Xrecord it caused the plugins to be on only a smaller area (upper right) of the screen. Not sure if this is known about or not.

And as soon as I get the error to report I will send it. Figures that now I can't get it to work - I think it may have been when I hit one specific channel that it happened but I'm not sure.

sean
2005-10-04, 05:47 PM
I have been testing your recycling bin code addition and wanted to let you know that it has been working great for me. I was thinking of one possible enhancement for the future. When you delete it and it moves it to the recycling bin can you created the sub directory from where it was so then you can still show the deleted show in the ready section and under the correct heading that it used to be. Then you can put is in a different color or something so the user know that it has been marked for delete. Right now I just added the new recycling folder as a video folder so it shows up in the ready section.

Thanks for you hard work on Xrecord I can not live without it.

Necro
2005-10-04, 09:07 PM
Additional question regarding Xsearch/fastfind - is the little selection box thing in the top menus (letters, genres, etc. - that selection marker) changeable? I can't seem to find it anywhere. The main reason I ask is to change the color and to either completely remove it or change the way it looks (I don't like the two little 'spur' things it has coming off of it').

Also, does the "SelectedDetails" special element do anything or does the information on a selected program always appear where the keyboard appears? (and is therefore unresizeable)

And, is the channel number moveable? Titles are regularly overlapping it - and can I add the chanel icon in?

(and an edit: The screen which appears after you select a show and select record...where is that skinned because it's unreadable for some reason with my setup while everything else is fine...)

Sorry, lots of questions but I cant seem to find much to alter in the xml for this and I need to do a few drastic changes.

jorm
2005-10-05, 03:32 PM
> Yeah, when I hit control-Y, it would be cool if you could either select what > category shows up next, OR (In config or something) set which ones it
> toggles through.
good idea.

> I have been testing your recycling bin code addition and wanted to let you > know that it has been working great for me.
awesome! Thank you.

> I was thinking of one possible enhancement for the future. When you
> delete it and it moves it to the recycling bin can you created the sub
> directory from where it was so then you can still show the deleted show in great idea. I am adding it to my list.

necro. Let me look all of this up.

AOSandman
2005-10-05, 03:50 PM
Upgraded from 0.39 to 0.42 and seeing a new problem. Entering xGuide causes GBPVR.exe to max out the CPU utilization & it remains maxed out until you back out of xGuide. The default guide doesn't do this, 0.39 didn't, and it happens regardless of which skin is active. Also doesn't matter whether I access GBPVR via MVP or PC. Unfortunately, there is nothing in GBPVR.exe.log indicating a problem.

Necro
2005-10-05, 06:19 PM
Hrm...maybe that's why mines slow.

Ok Jorm, got a new one for you. So I decided that a big make or break feature for me (if I can't have the 'record shows the machine thinks you like' type functionality of TiVo/SageTV) is to be able to set a show to 'record all of this show no duplicates'.

Now...it's possible using Xrecord and the scheduler and advanced and power menu options, etc etc. - but the WAF of this is about...negative ten thousand. Which is what leads to this suggestion/request/what have you.

Make the scheduler dialog have toggles/options. So either it can open directly to power, advanced, or default. OR, my personal preference, is include a list option that will scroll through scheduling 'profiles' which you can config that set all options other then the search name/etc.

Here's an example. I set up three profiles prior to using Xrecord ("This Timeslot" which records a certain timeslot on that day, all the time; "Season Pass" which records all new episodes of this show, any timeslot/day, on this channel, no duplicates; and "Favorite" which records the show anywhere, anytime, no duplicates). Now, I explain to my wife what each one means and when she selects a show and goes to schedule it she doesn't even need to see that big nasty advanced menu - she just chooses one of the profiles I've already setup and she knows it will work because if not I get beat. With a stick.

That make sense? Seems like a really good 'ease of use' upgrade that would make things easier (and better looking) while leaving the advanced menus for anyone that wanted to tweak them.

I would try to code this in (its opensource right?) but I have no programming utilities, know nothing of xml parsing/usage, nothing of pretty much anything past Comp. Sci. 202 :)

And thanks for checking out on the skinning stuff...it's driving me up a wall. I made another thread with a few other questions regarding linked settings, etc.

(Last thing, I'm almost done documenting the skin.xml file for fastsearch/xsearch and will put it up on the wiki once done. If possible could you take a look at it when it's done and let me know what I'm missing/have as ???'s? I can't figure out what a few things do..as they seem to have no effect at all)

jorm
2005-10-06, 01:50 PM
I think I know what might be causing the cpu max issue on some users. I have made a note of it.

> show to 'record all of this show no duplicates'.
Easy solution. Say record all and then run rectracker -subtitle -purge in your postupdateepg.bat, it will automatically cancel all shows that you have already recorded. You can go to watched in xrecord to see everything it knows about.

> Now...it's possible using Xrecord and the scheduler and advanced and
> power menu options, etc etc. - but the WAF of this is about...negative ten > thousand. Which is what leads to this suggestion/request/what have you.
:)

> Make the scheduler dialog have toggles/options. So either it can open
> directly to power, advanced, or default. OR, my personal preference, is
> include a list option that will scroll through scheduling 'profiles' which you
> can config that set all options other then the search name/etc.
So how about when you first go into it it shows the search name and type and a list of profiles. You can pick a previous profile or the standard default or can switch to the power/advanced modes etc ...

is what you mean?

> already setup and she knows it will work because if not I get beat. With a > stick.
your wife does that too. :)

> That make sense? Seems like a really good 'ease of use' upgrade that
That does simplify it.

> I would try to code this in (its opensource right?) but I have no
> programming utilities, know nothing of xml parsing/usage, nothing of pretty > much anything past Comp. Sci. 202
It is open source. All of my plugins are. Programming utilities are free. You can use sharp develop. That is what I use. I have no problems adding the suggestion but if you wanted to learn I can assist you.

> And thanks for checking out on the skinning stuff...it's driving me up a wall.
no problem. I am kind of slammed for time this week (moving and work) but hopefully next week I will have time to do some updates and investigations.

> I made another thread with a few other questions regarding linked settings,
I will check that out.

> (Last thing, I'm almost done documenting the skin.xml file for
> fastsearch/xsearch and will put it up on the wiki once done.
That sounds great. I have been meaning to do some documentation just have too much development to do. I know it is just hard to get around to it.

> If possible could you take a look at it when it's done and let me know what > I'm missing/have as ???'s?
absolutely. You can email it to me jared_dubin at hotmail.com or post it so we can colaborate on it.

> I can't figure out what a few things do..as they seem to have no effect at > all)
They might not have an effect at all. I had copied the skin from another plugin initially. Occassionally I still find remenants. I will clean it up though.

Necro
2005-10-06, 03:44 PM
Hehe, sorry Jorm didn't realize how long winded I was being.

As for my suggestion on the profiles, that sounds like what I mean. It would most likely mean replacing the default 'schedule' window that is used I now realize since it seems that the normal GBPVR 'schedule' popup is used when you select schedule and the XRecord one when you select advanced. (Though the basic 'advanced' selection would be perfect if the 'recording types' could be defined.)

ANd trust me, I understand the no time thing. I'd rather do documentation though then code, at the moment at least. Once I'm done with my thesis and don't have it looming over me, maybe things will change :).

jorm
2005-10-06, 08:41 PM
I will try to get to the profiles soon (in the next week).

Necro
2005-10-06, 09:09 PM
Take your time, no rush (ok, you know I'm just saying that to not be an ass :) ). Seriously, your plugins are great and I'm loving what I can do with this expanded functionality. Now to finalize skinning and get working on the wife...

...to get her to use the PVR of course....really. I mean it.

jorm
2005-10-06, 09:23 PM
:)

jorm
2005-10-06, 09:43 PM
> Also, not sure if your aware of this or what, but it appears that Xsearch and Xrecord have issues

> with backgrounds that are not 720x480 - I'm assuming it's that. It could be another resizing issue.

> The background I was using was 800x600 and it worked fine in everything but in Xsearch and Xrecord > it caused the plugins to be on only a smaller area (upper right) of the screen. Not sure if this is

> known about or not.
the skin is setup for 720x480. It would be possible (hopefully) for a skin designer to create a widescreen version of the skin.

For example in xrecord you can move the 3 black boxes and the contents inside.

For Xrecord you can create more columns.

I havent tested it but it is in there.

GBPVRkid
2005-10-06, 11:13 PM
Using latest GB-PVR, BlueMCE2 skin 1.51 with x-record .42

In xsearch, it seems to use approximatley 2/3's of the screen...however when I use xguide and click Find More...xsearch uses the full screen on my MVP:confused:

Necro
2005-10-07, 04:41 AM
Hey Jorm, got a new bug report for you.

When trying to delete a 'watched' item from the watched screen in X Record I get a Object reference not set to an instance of an object error (this is in the Blue skin which I'm testing all functionality with before I continue skinning). The file/show has already been deleted from the recordings/ready section so...don't know if that has anything to do with it or what.

Just FYI.

jorm
2005-10-07, 01:50 PM
necro can you send or post the error in the gbpvr.exe.log

as for the 2/3 of the screen issue it uses the background to determine the size. You probably have a background which is not 720x480 and xsearch is not handling it. Can you send me the background so I can test with it jared_dubin at hotmail.com

Necro
2005-10-07, 02:07 PM
Log was sent to your email address you posted before.

The background was just a 800x600 file. Once I changed it to 720x480 worked fine.

jorm
2005-10-07, 03:02 PM
I need to address scaling

Necro
2005-10-07, 04:27 PM
Yeah, once I realized that 720x480 was the standard size, it seemed it just doesnt scale right. Kind of curious what happens at 640x480.

jorm
2005-10-07, 04:37 PM
no idea. :)

Can you send me the log having to do with the watch error?