NextPVR Forums

Full Version: New Plugin : UK Cinema Listings V1.0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
UK Cinema Listings V1.0

Dunno how many British GBPVR users are out there but getting inspiration from the Theatre Listings plugin I decided to write one that would show film times / info for Cinemas in the UK.

At the moment it displays times and limited film info but I plan to expand on this. Any bugs / suggestions feel free to post or PM me.

Note
It's called V1.0 but it has only been tested with 2 GBVPR setups so I would consider it a beta version.
Nice I'll give it a try Smile

Update: works fine for me, i haven't checked the data but no reason to believe its wrong/
Cool, thanks herb Smile
Id find this useful, so thanks mcbain... one question tho, how do we install it?
stu8080 Wrote:Id find this useful, so thanks mcbain... one question tho, how do we install it?

Hope this helps Smile

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugi...ationNotes

1) Copy the dll into C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\plugins

2) and the xml file to C:\Program Files\devnz\gbpvr\skin\Blue\UKCinemaListings (you have to make the folder yourself).

3) and then go into the gbpvr config app to enable the plugin and set the ciniema number.
nice one, thought i might have to make the folder myself. have checked the info and all seems correct with my local showcase.
handy plugin, thanks mate
Great plugin Mr McBainUK! Works fine for me, on my PC and on my MVP.

One tiny buglet - "Pride & Prejudice" shows as "Pride & Prejudice". Can you detect and convert HTML entities?

Seems greedy to ask for more, but you did ask! Smile Here's my wishlist:
- Multiple cinemas
- More than one day (the web page for my cinema shows times for today and tomorrow)
- PageUp/PageDown
- Links to trailers when they exist. (See this thread.)

Many thanks
hAVoC Wrote:Great plugin Mr McBainUK! Works fine for me, on my PC and on my MVP.

Quote:One tiny buglet - "Pride & Prejudice" shows as "Pride & Prejudice". Can you detect and convert HTML entities?
I've noticed this also, on my todo list

Quote:PageUp/PageDown, Multiple cinemas,
So are these

Quote:More than one day (the web page for my cinema shows times for today and tomorrow)
The main listings shows todays times, if you press enter on a film it will show the rest.
Just a point, it currently shows today and tommorow as on Friday the listings will be updated (cinemas work on a Friday to Thursday week)

Quote:Links to trailers when they exist.
This looks cool, will look into it
Excellent plugin, works great both on PC and MVP using v94.13. You did ask for suggestions to here's my wishlist :- Big Grin

You already mentioned multiple cinema support, perhaps add the cinema name and the booking tel no if you can grab it from the cinema info page, i.e. http://www.britinfo.net/T/1004108.htm page ?

Trailers - as someone else mentioned.

Thanks again, great work.