NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Multiple Sat Boxes and IR Control
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently ordered two PVR-150's because of the IR control they have.

Further reading has taught me that the PVR-150's from Hauppage can not be controlled individualy (ie. zoned).

What are my options for controlling two SAT boxes from Dish network at the same time?

From my reading I think my options are:

Use USB-IRT in conjuction with one of the PVR-150's IR emitters and select the appropriate control for each sat/pvr150 component.

Use the Zone function of the USB-IRT to control the two dish boxes. (does GBPVR support the zone function of the USB-IRT?)

Is this possible?
Is it possible to blast the two dish boxes with discrete codes? Dish1 or Dish2? Do the dish boxes support this? One is a Dish 2700 and the other is a Dish 4700. This would allow me to use one blaster for both.

Thanks for your help.

Marc
Quote:does GBPVR support the zone function of the USB-IRT?
Yes, you can use the zone feature of the USB-UIRT, but you need to manually edit the IR files to explicitly set the zone.
sub Wrote:Yes, you can use the zone feature of the USB-UIRT, but you need to manually edit the IR files to explicitly set the zone.
Ah found an even better way!
Dish network boxes allow for 3 (or more) distinct IR code sets. I can set up different ir code files for each of the boxes after they have been configured.

There! No need for zoning. I can blast the same signals to both sat boxes.

Thanks for your help with the UIRT suggestion Sub, but this will save me having to buy any new hardware for the moment.