NextPVR Forums

Full Version: CyberLink Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How do i get the Cyberlink remote to work with GBPVR?

thanks
I assume you're talking about the Cyberlink remote that comes with the Sapphire 550 Pro cards. If so, just set the remote type to 'MCE' in the config app. The buttons in the white square dont work, but the others should.
I don't know if this is useful, Sub, but I have found that Cyberlink's PowerCinema (their PVR software) utilizes all the buttons on the remote.
There is a program that runs in the background called PCMService.exe. It seems to intercept all the white square buttons, and the function buttons at the top of the remote (DVD, radio, etc).
I downloaded the trial version of PowerCinema just to see if my remote actually worked (and I'm not keen on paying 100 bucks for software).
I am now frustrated, since I know the buttons *work*, but nothing else I have found under the sun seems to be able to read the extra buttons on the Cyberlink remote...Sad
So if anyone can figure out what's going on with that remote...

Some of the buttons would be useful to map to GBPVR (which works fine, don't get me wrong)
I haven't gotten very reliable results with the serial port thingy and WinLirc, so frustration level is high on remote controls right now.
Specifically, what buttons do you feel like you're missing out on?

The reason most of those buttons in the white square dont work, is because they dont map on to a feature offered by GB-PVR, or their function is already provide by another button, but if you tell me specific buttons you want, I'll see if I can comment. Of those buttons, 'back', 'record', 'live tv' work. 'radio' is also a good candidate, but its not going at the moment.

The functionality in GB-PVR closely maps to the Hauppauge 45 button remote. Some other remotes like this one dont necessarily map features 1 to 1 with the Hauppauge remote, so you may find that I'll just ignore some buttons.
It would be nice if I could have one of those buttons mapped to "F7" for aspect & maybe the home button could launch GBPVR instead of the powercinema software. But mostly a button to change aspect.