NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Caller Id Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The first alpha of the caller id plugin is posted on wiki. You need a modem (I need to find one) you need to install YAC link on caller id wiki page.

When you click on the plugin it will NOT show the call log (yet) it just shows a example that skin developers can use to test the positioning of the data.

Please let me know if it works. Smile You will have to edit the config.xml manually to add a video plugin. Instructions on wiki.

Remember this is an ALPHA.

http://gbpvr.com/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Plugin/CallerId
tipstir Wrote:Setup a listener in yac to send to localhost. (so I can have it on another PC then and sent it to a Yac Listener right as the GBPVR PC?:confused:

1. You can install the yac server on any PC. But mostly, install it where the modem is. If you don't have a modem, you can still still install the yac server and use it to send text messages to all yac listeners.

2. Once you install yac and it is running in the system tray, click on the icon and choose 'Listeners...'. Type in the IP or hostname of each system that is a yac listener. The CallerId plugin is a yac listener.

3. To test, click on the yac server icon again and choose 'Send Text Message'. This should send the message to all yac listeners.

Greg
yup
jorm Wrote:yup

What is the name of the listner to be? localhost? CallerId? Or What?

Does this work for all skins or just the Blue default skin that you include in the distribution?

I set up a listner for localhost as well as the IP of the machine running GBPVR and I have the Caller Id entry as my <videoplugin1> (plugin0 is TVGuide). I have been using Yak for a couple of years and it works fine on my network machines....just not seeing anything pop up in GBPVR.

I only use MVP....is that an issue?
UncleJohnsBand Wrote:What is the name of the listner to be? localhost? CallerId? Or What?

When entering the list of listeners, it is either the hostname or the IP address you gave the PC that has the listener running on it.

UncleJohnsBand Wrote:Does this work for all skins or just the Blue default skin that you include in the distribution?

I am not really sure, but my first impression would be that it works with any skin since it actually isn't creating any new buttons or screens. But better to get an answer from the author.

UncleJohnsBand Wrote:I set up a listner for localhost as well as the IP of the machine running GBPVR and I have the Caller Id entry as my <videoplugin1> (plugin0 is TVGuide). I have been using Yak for a couple of years and it works fine on my network machines....just not seeing anything pop up in GBPVR.

I only use MVP....is that an issue?

Not sure about that. Does it at least show up on the GBPVR PC screen? As for the MVP, that part might not be written yet. I remember some old post mentioning that special code would have to be written in the plugin to redirect the messages to each MVP. The plugin would have to figure out what MVP's were out there. That part might not be done yet. Only Jorm could answer that.

Greg
the caller id plugin always lies. It will appear over the video or on the menu
This looks like a very slick plug in. Unfortunatly there is no modem in my machine. (pulled to make room for new tuner) Is there anything else that it can grab the caller id info from, or is this a question for the yac author?
I'll have to look into that. Maybe i can squeeze an external modem in here. I get caller ID info now using a NetCallerID box. it just send the data over my com1 and it gets picked up by my home automation software. I may write to the author of YAC and see if he wold like to include that type of equipment as a source as well as the others. I'd hate to have to add more equipment just to get caller id, especially when it's already available. It would be kind of cool to see the caller id info on the tv screen during movies. Right now it gets anounced via voice over the in wall speakers but during movies i disable that.
tipstir Wrote:Can you post a link or dump an image of this NetCallID box. My way is on the cheap but works.. As with Yac and Phone Tray (freebee) it does display over transparent data of who's calling and does speak with female, male anybody voice you want to annouce the call and plays sound effects or music also. Does the NetCallerID box does that?

The only link i could find quick was
http://www.myjaycounty.com/NetCallerID.htm

As far as cheap, err, inexpensive you can't do better than this. i have tow of them they were 5 bucks apeice. I don't use the software that came with it. the data is just fed into my home automation software (HomeSeer) and used. It just plugs into a serial port and a phone line, sends it's data over my com 1 and from there taken over by home automation.
that's 76 on the box only, I haven't seen the actual box in two years. it's buried in a closet with the computers. I have a log file of every call I've gotten this year Smile

I don't know if there's a way to share that info, I'm still looking at possible ways to get around it all.