NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Xantech IR & PC Interface?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I currently have whole-house IR dirstribution using Xantech IR (12 volt). I would like to interface my GB-PVR box to this system. I could certainly go the route of an IR Blaster and IR Receiver on the PC, but it would be nicer to intergrate directly with the Xantech system. A quick search on the web didn't turn anything up, so I thought I would ask here. Anyone have any thoughts on the matter?

Many thanks!
If you have a whole house IR system, you're almost done. Smile All you need is a way to get that signal to the computer. A USB uirt or almost any of the many units available would work, as long as GBpvr will recognize it, if not you can always go the Girder route. All you need is to bring an emitter from your connecting block to your IR receiver and stick it on. Doing it this way you won't have to worry about isolating signals from two different systems, you in effect already are.
Thanks, that's the route I will go, then. I was kind of hoping for a device to electrically connect the GBPVR box to the IR system, but thinking it over, there aren't any great advantages to that. I will go with the optical connection.

Many Thanks!