NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Shutdown computer when current recording session completes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The latest release of my tray app allows you to automatically shutdown your computer (or put it in standby etc.) when the current recording session has finished.

See this forum thread for details and download from my website.

Next up: I shall add a wiki page, methinks.
Tipster: It's a system tray utility - by definition that wouldn't support the MVP.
tipstir Wrote:I see you don't support the Media MVP, so you're aiming more for the PC user with S-Video ouput to the TV instead with this.

Yeah, my set-up has a PC with DualView hooked up to a normal monitor, a TV via S-video and a projector. I use the NVidia nView system tray utility to switch between TV and projector output for my second screen (depending on the time of day, ie, how dark it is!). Because I have the Hauppauge PVR500 it takes no CPU time to record and I use the machine for software development, video editing and gaming, all while GBPVR recording service does the business for me. It's fantastic. In fact, the other thing that was ever a serious problem was fixed when sub added the ability to have the recording service run at a higher than normal priority. All the other media programs seem to require a fully dedicated PC, whereas GBPVR and the Hauppauge 500 allows me to continue using my PC fully for whatever I need. Wonderful!

So I wrote this utility just to fulfil a couple of my own desires for these circumstances (and to see if I could do it!).

I see there are already shutdown plugins for the GBPVR interface, perhaps they could be requested to add this feature so that the functionality is available to all.
A couple of nasty bugs appeared in version 0.8. I have fixed them and the installer for v0.82 can be found on my site. Very sorry.