NextPVR Forums

Full Version: TwinHan Alpha USB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a TwinHan Alpha USB using the latest (1.0.4.1) BDA drivers from their web Site.
GB-PVR does not work with the "Out of Box" settings as the driver name seems to have changed (had similar problem in MediaPortal).
The workaround is to edit the section for the video card in the bda.ini file:

[Twinhan Alpha USB DVB-T]
TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
RECEIVER_ONLY_MODE=1
FILTER_RECEIVER=DTV-DVB USB2 DVB-T receiver
PIN_RECEIVER_IN=Antenna In Pin
PIN_RECEIVER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport

Note the driver name change in bold.
The drivers name has been changed in the time since the last GB-PVR release. The next version of GB-PVR includes this new name.
I've got a Twinhan Alpha, and I've been having troubles - so when I saw GBPVR v0.95.11 out, I downloaded it, to see if it would help.
GB-PVR doesn't recognise the Alpha - but the announcement says I need driver version 1.0.4.1 and I have 1.0.3.0
OK, so on the Twinhan website, there are no Twinhan Alpha driver downloads - so I downloaded 7045_THBDAv1.0.4.1.zip, which is the BDA driver set for the Twinhan MagicboxII (and 1.0.4.1 matches the requirement stated on the announcement)

The installer for these drivers tells me that there's no suitable device attached. Twinhan DTV works fine (I know that it doesn't use the BDA drivers, it can find the device.) If I use the Device Manager and try to search for driver updates for the Alpha, it can't find them (even if I tell it where to look).

How do I install newer drivers? Have I got the right ones?
If that isn't possible for the Alpha, do I need to edit the bda.ini file?
To be honest, I dont know. I dont have one of these devices and was just repeating what I read elsewhere.

If you do end up having to edit bda.ini, let me know the changes you make so I apply them to the master file.
Well, all I have done is to replace the new bda.ini section with the old one, as I'm using the old drivers. I've now got:
[Twinhan Alpha USB DVB-T]
TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
RECEIVER_ONLY_MODE=1
FILTER_RECEIVER=Twinhan USB2 DVB-T receiver
PIN_RECEIVER_IN=Antenna In Pin
PIN_RECEIVER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport

whereas the FILTER_RECEIVER used to be DTV-DVB USB2 DVB-T receiver

Whether this will help, or not, who knows. I'm testing it now...