NextPVR Forums

Full Version: newbee help plextor help to uy a new pvr
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi i want to setup my pc so it can record up to 5 channels at the same time for this i have buyed the plextor tv402u PAL version with the lates direvers and patches installed all the programs but no one of this has been able to us the pvr i can only use´t trough windvd creator and have a problem selecting the country is fixed in PALB in my country is PALN i cant select palN, i was able to corectly use the device and adjusting manually the tuning with dscaler but is no good for using multiple devices.
in the case that the plextor is no good what other PVR do u recommend PAL version i have already hauppage pvr 150, is there any other divx hardware encoder rather than the plextor?
If you want to record 5 channels at one time, you'll need 5 tuners, and the Plextor just won't do it. It can only do one channel at a time.
I would recommend two Hauppauge PVR-500's and a PVR-150 retail (with remote and IR).
Why do you specifically need DivX? Even your PVR-150 recordings can be transcoded easily, if you need to save space.
The plextor is the only one (that I know of) that does hardware DivX encoding, but I still don't see the point.
i have 3 tuners but they didnt work with any pvr sowtware.
i was able only to use them with dscaler correctly with the others it didnt recogniz´t.

does someone know where i can buy a PAL version of hauppage __??
I know for sure that the Hauppauge WinTV-PVR-250 (Model 980) supports PAL N, as does the PVR-USB 2.0
I would think the PVR-150 does as well (you already own one!).
If the 150 does, then the PVR-500 does, because they have the identical chipset and use the same drivers.
In some cases (WDM drivers, depending on card) you can select NTSC for your PAL N TV input.