NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Help with Hauppage PVR500MCE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just got this card today. It came white boxed with the driver CD and a header with a second set of Composite/Audio/S-Video inputs. Can someone tell me where to plug the header into? The card has two header plugs called Header 1 and Header 2 (I think). I was thinking that the inputs built onto the card backplane would be for the first tuner and that the additional header would be for the second tuner. I'm a bit confused as to why there are two header plugs. So, which plug do I plug the header into??

Thanks,
Jim
If you are going to use the card tuners (using the coaxial cable direct to the card) you don't need the A/V Cable Set. If you want to use S-Video os RCA cables (and use the two encoders feature) you need to use the A/V Cable Set.

From Hauppauge's website (http://registration.hauppauge.com/websto...av_cable):
The A/V Cable Set can be used to add an additional audio/video input to many of the WinTV-PVR boards. Normally, WinTV-PVR's come with one A/V input on their back panel. On many WinTV-PVR's there is an A/V header which is designed to add an additional audio/video input (you need to check your board to see if it has the white A/V header). Once connected, you can then connect two audio/video inputs to your WinTV-PVR. The switching of the sources from one input to the other can be done with the WinTV2000 application or via the WinTV Select program.
Designed to fit in a PCI slot, the A/V Cable Set contains both the RCA jacks and an S-Video jack for audio and video, plus a 6" cable to connect to the A/V header on the WinTV-PVR board. There are jumpers on the A/V Cable Set board which allow it to support the WinTV-PVR-150, the WinTV-PVR-350 and the WinTV-PVR-500.
Please check your WinTV-PVR board to make sure it has a white A/V header.

There's a picture where the A/V Cable Set is connected to the far end header. Dunno if it's named as 1 or 2.
Thanks. That helped There was a picture showing the header plugged into the header 2 plug.
Doesn't seem to matter which header you plug it into on the 500.
I've used both.