NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Globe travelling HTPC, format questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK I'm used to building computers but this will be my first HTPC and I need some technical advice.

I will split my time between the US and Moscow Russia. So I want my HTPC to work with Pal, NTSC, Secam, and I'm not sure about sound formats but I think they differ too. I think Russia is Nicam.

How does gbpvr import TV schedule data? I'm going to be using Stream TV in Russia and I have no idea how to bring in the TV schedule from that system.

I get the idea behind the different signals fps, frequency, resolution: But what I don't know is which TV cards and which Sound Cards can handle these formats?

Also can anyone recommend a dual layer DVD burner which can easily and reliably be hacked/modded or whatever to be region free?

Thanks,
Thomas
In the US, you can get data from labs.zap2it.com
There's got to be an XMLTV method for Russia.
Any NTSC analog card will work in the US (with regular cable). Hauppauge cards do Nicam audio (the PVR-150/250 and PVR-500 even specify that they do).
Hauppauge PVR-150/250/500 (PAL models) also do Secam d/k, which is Russian standard TV.
Lite-on leads the pack in region free stuff.