NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Best IR Blaster?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

I recently purchased a hauppage pvr-350 which works great except for the fact that it won't change the channels on my directv box. Now I know that I need an IR Blaster, but am wondering which one is the best as far as price to quality. It doesn't need to look pretty, it just has to get the job done. Right now I'm leaning towards USB-UIRT. But what about something like this? If there is something like the OSB-UIRT that gets the job done for cheaper, then I want to know about it.

Is this cable an option? I don't think it is because it doesn't have a way to recieve IR remote signals (as far as I can tell).

Thanks,

-Dick
Quote:It doesn't need to look pretty, it just has to get the job done. Right now I'm leaning towards USB-UIRT. But what about something like this? If there is something like the OSB-UIRT that gets the job done for cheaper, then I want to know about it.
That one does work. Its an Actisys IR200L. I use one in my lounge. Will it work with your specific set top box? I dont know. Its not as fully featured as the USB-UIRT, but works well for me.

Quote:Is this cable an option? I don't think it is because it doesn't have a way to recieve IR remote signals (as far as I can tell).
No, this one wont work. You might be able to get it working using third party software like girder.