NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Cuttermaran Update V1.66
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just to let the users of Cuttermaran know that a new version was release today (v1.66). The link to Cuttermaran site is

http://www.cuttermaran.de/

I have installed and used it without issues (at least none I have found yet!)

Hope this helps someone, since I really like cuttermaran.
DeadRun Wrote:Hope this helps someone, since I really like cuttermaran.

Yes, this helped me! Cuttermaran used to exit without processing. I installed this version, and it is processing using the file that comskip outputs. I'll need to go test the commercial free file to see how well it does.

Thanks!
Spoke too soon. It is still not working from the comclean2.bat file. Sad
Thanks - I was keeping an eye out for it earlier this week when I saw they were testing 1.66 RC2. Smile
I have run it from several different batch files. If you can post your comclean2.bat file, I may be able to help. I know I had to do some tweaks to get it to run.

One odd thing about comskip and cuttermaran. Comskip does not put out a mux location in the CmdArgs of the .cpf file. Therefore, if muxing is turned on in cuttermaran, it will use the last saved location that it has which will usually be some directory other than the one that contains the original mpg file. If cuttermaran runs and deletes the primary streams and then locates the "cleaned" file in another location, it will appear to have not run - but the _cut.mpg or _clean.mpg file will exist in some directory. If you open the Cuttermaran GUI and click on the mux tab it will list the directory to which it is writing muxed output.
DeadRun Wrote:I have run it from several different batch files. If you can post your comclean2.bat file, I may be able to help. I know I had to do some tweaks to get it to run.

Here is my version, which I may have tweaked the last few lines for file renaming. I have run the "cpf" file by double clicking from windows and it worked great, taking roughly 5 minutes to complete the cut. I haven't tried executing comclean2.bat from command line. When I watch the whole process when parallelprocessing.bat gets kicked off, cuttermaran executes, but fails to generate an output file.

=====================================
Rem demux the mpeg file
bbdmux "%~dpn1.mpg" 0xe0 "%~dpn1.m2v"
bbdmux "%~dpn1.mpg" 0xc0 "%~dpn1.mp2"
Remove the commercials
"c:\program files\cuttermaran\cuttermaran.exe" "%~dpn1.cpf"
del "%~dpn1.m2v"
del "%~dpn1.mp2"
Rem Mulxiplex again to a regular mpeg file
mplex1 "%~dpn1_clean.m2v" "%~dpn1_clean.mp2" "%~dpn1_clean.mpg"
del "%~dpn1_clean.m2v"
del "%~dpn1_clean.mp2"
del "%~dpn1*.info"
Rem RENAME the old .mpg file and rename the new one to the old name
if EXIST "%~dpn1_clean.mpg" move "%~dpn1.mpg" "%~dpn1_original.mpg"
if EXIST "%~dpn1_clean.mpg" move "%~dpn1_clean.mpg" "%~dpn1.mpg"
Do you have the checkbox "Allow service to interact with desktop" checked in the Windows Services for the GBPVR Recording Service? That must be checked for Cuttermaran to work correctly. Otherwise, the bat file looks correct.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I have been out of town on holidays.
DeadRun Wrote:Do you have the checkbox "Allow service to interact with desktop" checked in the Windows Services for the GBPVR Recording Service? That must be checked for Cuttermaran to work correctly. Otherwise, the bat file looks correct.

Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I have been out of town on holidays.

While I have not been able to prove it, I suspect that interaction with the desktop is the issue. I do not run gbpvr from the system account. My video archive and lines in my parallelprocessing.bat access network shares. Therefore, I am using a logon account with access to the network to start the gbpvr service.

I tried a utility (psexec as I recall) that would kick off a process using the system account, but it didn't seem to work. I will probably try again after the holidays when I have a little more time to play.
OK, finally got Cuttermaran to run as expected. I modified the comclean2.bat file to call cuttermaran via psexec. The line in comclean2.bat now reads:

psexec -i -s "c:\program files\cuttermaran\cuttermaran.exe" "%~dpn1.cpf"

The -s means run under the system account and the -i specifies interact with desktop.

psexec can be found here:
http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/PsExec.html

I am running one final test where the workstation is not logged in at all to ensure that it runs correctly.
David,

Thanks, for the tip on PSExec. I don't use it for cuttermaran but I have a few other problems that I can use it for. It seems the more I try to help others (from my very limited knowledge) the more I learn in return.

Thanks again.
Pages: 1 2