NextPVR Forums

Full Version: pop/snap at end of a music track via MVP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I play music through the MVP there is a fairly loud snap/pop/click at the very end of each track. This doesn't occur when played on the PC.
This occurs with Music Library and with other music plugins so I think it's something generic about playing MP3s to the MVP.

Any ideas or suggestions?
BobAtTorrey Wrote:When I play music through the MVP there is a fairly loud snap/pop/click at the very end of each track. This doesn't occur when played on the PC.
This occurs with Music Library and with other music plugins so I think it's something generic about playing MP3s to the MVP.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Hmmm -- now that you mention it, I hear it too. (playing Christmas music now via Music Library 2)
I hear what you're talking about but only on some songs. It seems to be ones that were cut just a hair short. The program doesn't seem to like abrupt ends. I've managed to stop the pop on some songs by editing and using a bit of fade at the end. I have too many to do it to all so i am just more careful about where i end things these days.
I actually hear this as well on tracks where the music fades to apparent total silence, then after 2-3 seconds comes a loud snap. So I don't think it's just an issue of sudden cut-off.
I agree with you on that, if you look at the file in an editing program the ones I've seen that pop at the end have faded, just not fast enough and while you can't hear sound, it's still there. For some reason I've not been able to explain the MVP is sensitive to it. I've seen a few where it didn't matter as much if sound was still playing but seemed to be sensitive to where you ended it. I found a few I've been able to fix that only needed a microsecond shaved off and it was find. It's one of those mysteries, at least to me.
nightwalker Wrote:I agree with you on that, if you look at the file in an editing program the ones I've seen that pop at the end have faded, just not fast enough and while you can't hear sound, it's still there. For some reason I've not been able to explain the MVP is sensitive to it. I've seen a few where it didn't matter as much if sound was still playing but seemed to be sensitive to where you ended it. I found a few I've been able to fix that only needed a microsecond shaved off and it was find. It's one of those mysteries, at least to me.

Its because the frame of the cd has been cut in half, if you use something like cooledit or adobe audition as its now known there is an option to snap to frames when editing tracks this ensures that these crack and pops are eliminated, quite why they are more obvious on the mvp though I dont know

tkgafs
tkgafs: Many thanks for the explanation.

All:
1. Does anyone know of freeware that might accomplish what CoolEdit/Adobe Audition does to clean up the last frame?

2. I had used Windows Media Player to rip the CDs, resulting in these tracks which snap/click at the end, apparently, per tkgafs, because of an incomplete final frame.
Can anyone recommend free alternative software to RIP CDs which doesn't cause this problem, but which does do most of the nice things WMP does? (E.g., download info and art about the album, update a database with genre and artist for the album, etc.)

Thanks ..... Bob
tkgafs Wrote:Its because the frame of the cd has been cut in half, if you use something like cooledit or adobe audition as its now known there is an option to snap to frames when editing tracks this ensures that these crack and pops are eliminated, quite why they are more obvious on the mvp though I dont know

tkgafs

Thank you very much, that's as good an explaination as i've ever heard. It even makes sense to me. I knew what was happening and was able to fix some, i just didn't know the whys of it.