NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Media MVP dead....please help...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got a Media MVP, and have been using it with GB-PVR for about 6 hours, and now the thing is just dead. I didn't upgrade the software. In fact, I never installed their software. Either my remote is not working, the unit is not getting power, or it got fried some how. The IR LED never comes on, and there isn't any activity on the ethernet cord. Can some one who has a Media MVP tell me if the activity lights on the ethernet cord are on when the device is turned off?

I enjoyed it while it lasted.
Sounds like defective hardware. What hardware revision do you have? (check the bottom). D3 (not D3A) are known to have an overheating problem and people have gotten them replaced with much less severe symptoms than yours.

Regardless, my guess is Hauppauge will replace it. Call them though... do not email them else you'll be waiting weeks for a reply, if you ever get one at all.
The hardware version is D3A.

I checked the remote with a Camcorder, IR on the remote seems to be working fine. I think the MVP is toast. I guess I will call them Tuesday.

Thanks.
I tried that....unplugged it all night long. The last thing I did with it, was I tried switching from Composite Video to S-Video....then bye bye MVP. I really did enjoy the 6 hours it worked.