NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Comskip CPF File References - Clean Up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When there is a failure in postprocessing and the mpg file gets renamed, the .cpf file for Cuttermeran is no longer valid because of the necessary hard coded file references. I have written a batch file which will update the references for the current location and name of the .mpg file.

The code is not as elegant as many of the authors on the forum, but it does work very reliably in my set-up (which is reasonably complex, involving several computers for processing and several network drives, etc.). Right now I run it on every comclean run (except postprocessing) since it takes only a second to run and ensures the .cpf file is correct before Cuttermaran is launched. It is particularly useful in manual runs of Comclean. You can also just drop a file on it before a manual Cuttermaran run.

The batch file does call one FREE program (change.exe) to process the edits. The copyright is owned by the US Dept of Commerce and is freely available for sharing, etc. The reference is contained in the bat file.

I need to know if there is much interest in the batch file before I do the work to clean up the code and make it more easily used in another user's environment. If you think the batch file would have value to you, let me know.