NextPVR Forums

Full Version: general MVP stability question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks!

I've just installed a PVR 150 and Media MVP, and I'm obviously using gbpvr to run the
whole system.

I set everything up last night (successfully) and was experimenting...and over the course of a couple hours, the MVP rebooted 3 or 4 times.

Does this generally indicate network issues? I've seen the posts about changing registry values, and I haven't done any of that yet.

Thanks.

PS - the picture is quite dark on my TV; is this a problem with the Media MVP, or the PVR150?
Use the Hauppauge Tweaktool to tweak your MVP settings (brightness, contrast etc).

See http://www.mce-community.de/forum/index....topic=4062
microkid Wrote:Use the Hauppauge Tweaktool to tweak your MVP settings (brightness, contrast etc).

See http://www.mce-community.de/forum/index....topic=4062
The tool doesn't seem to do anything to the MVP :confused:
I just purchased a MVP from Radio Shack, and noticed that when I turn on my wireless card in my HP laptop, the MVP looses its connection to the MVP server. I running the default MVP software (just found this place this morning). MVP server is P4-2GHz on a belkin 802.11G 4 port wireless router. MY question, has anyone else seen this problem, and would I be better off connecting the MVP and server to another router (linksys non-wireless), and then connecting that router into my main internet connection router (belkin).
shade Wrote:I just purchased a MVP from Radio Shack, and noticed that when I turn on my wireless card in my HP laptop, the MVP looses its connection to the MVP server. I running the default MVP software (just found this place this morning). MVP server is P4-2GHz on a belkin 802.11G 4 port wireless router. MY question, has anyone else seen this problem, and would I be better off connecting the MVP and server to another router (linksys non-wireless), and then connecting that router into my main internet connection router (belkin).

I recently fried my Dlink D-624 wireless router that I had for several years....purchased the same model since I had no previous issues. With the new router I was seeing MVP disconnects that I never experieinced before.....reseting my wirlesss connection on my laptop would also cause the MVP discconect.

In actuality it was not the MVP at all....it was the router itself rebooting. This reboot, of course, disconnected the MVP.

After some minimal research in the hardware forums of broadbandreports.com it was apparent that the reboot problem with the newer Dlink DI-624's is widespread.

I returned it for the Linksys WRT54G wireless router....no problems what so ever....

Perhaps you are seeing the same behavoir on your Belkin router.....

Just a thought.....