NextPVR Forums

Full Version: gbpvr plugin like 'ieview' for Firefox
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have recently gotten an mvp and have all aspects of gbpvr working great except for playing avi/divx files on the mvp. Those same files play fine using the hauppauge server.

It got me to thinking. I have been using Firefox as my primary browser for over a year now. Every now and then I run into a web page that just won't display in Firefox correctly. I have a plugin that allows me to simply right click on the page and select 'view in ie'. It then loads ie with that page.

I know avi playing for mvp is not a development priority for gbpvr, which is fine. What about a plugin that when selected from the mvp would shutdown the gbpvr service and start the mvp services. Then you could view your avi/divx file and on the next reboot (or when you went to the pc and changed it, could even write a batch file with a desktop icon to kill the mvp services and restart gbpvr, do it with task scheduler, etc) all would return to normal.

Anyone else think this might be a nice temporary solution?
Have you tried tweaking your config.xml file to adjust (lower) the bitrate in the transcode? Also, try increasing the transcode delay in the config utility.

Both of these are dependent upon your processor speed, but a quick search of the forums (try searching for 'FFMPEG') should yield results.
I've messed with all that stuff, with some success.

Rather than keep trying to drive screws with a hammer, I plan to convert most of them to mpeg2...just thought something like this would be nice for a quick fix.