NextPVR Forums

Full Version: USB-UIRT with viewsat receiver
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I would like to add I want to start a similar setup. Where I want to control my viewsat FTA satellite receiver with GBPVR using USB-IRT. I purchase the pvr150 but the remote would not setup to control my viewsat receiver (unless i'm doing something wrong).
Thats why I may have to with the USB UIRT.

Couple questions, does the usbuirt use my current viewsat remote to control the gbpvr and the receiver? OR do I have to purchase a new remote?

I ve been pulling my hair out these past few days and nothing seems to work!!
I moved you post because it wasnt at all related to the MyBlaster thread you posted in.
Quote:Couple questions, does the usbuirt use my current viewsat remote to control the gbpvr and the receiver? OR do I have to purchase a new remote?
you should be able to learn the signals from your original viewsat remote, and GB-PVR will play these signals back each time it needs to change channels.
Sorry about that, sub

so basically when i change channels using my viewsat remote it will change the receiver channel as well as the gbpvr display (bottom osd showing channel etc)?
There are two entirely separate things you're talking about here, which you seem to be blurring into one.

1) controlling an external set top box using the USB-UIRT as an IR Blaster
2) controlling GB-PVR using USB-UIRT as an IR receiver.

For 1), GB-PVR learns your viewsat remote and plays back the IR signals whenever it needs to change channels.

For 2), you can teach GB-PVR to respond to IR signals to control GB-PVR. You could learn the viewsat remote for this if you wanted to, but you're probably better to learn another remote if you can, otherwise you'll be controlling two device at the same (unless you hide the viewsat receiver from the sight of your remote). Not many use the USB-UIRT for this, but you can if you want to. Lots of people just use the remote that came with their PVR150/250/350 for driving GB-PVR.
What if i couldnt get the hauppauage remote to control my viewsat receiver? I tried testing all the codes and none seem to work. Is there any other option i have? Big Grin

I thought since i couldnt find a code, I will have to get a usb-uirt to learn my viewsat remote to control gbpvr. If thats the case will all the functionallity of the gbpvr be accessed using the viewsat if learned properly. Big Grin

Is it even necessary for me to have a usb-uirt? Big Grin

THis is probably a dumb question but my main concern is how does my external tuner stb (my viewsat) get in sync with GBPVR, so I can use GBPVR to change channels, see the guide, record shows and not see the actual viewsat guide, osd etc. I've gotten zap2it setup, guide appears in gbpvr. I tried 1st without a remote but when i hit the up/down on keyboard arrows it only changes the gbpvr display at the bottom of the scree (showing channel/name of show etc). The actual channel does not change on the viewsat receiver. Big Grin

Im sorry if i seem completely lost but its been a frustrating few days and I've read so much here that i'm surely missing something simple right in front of me!
Quote:What if i couldnt get the hauppauage remote to control my viewsat receiver? I tried testing all the codes and none seem to work. Is there any other option i have?
I assume you're talking about the Hauppauge IR Blaster not the hauppauge remote. The remote is for controlling GB-PVR. The IR Blaster is for controlling your viewsat receiver. They are two separate things.

The Hauppauge IR Blaster only comes with codes for controlling certain set top boxes. If it cant control your viewsat receiver, then you wont be able to use the IR Blaster (and will need to look at alternatives like USB-UIRT as an IR Blaster). However, you will still be Hauppauge remote for controlling GB-PVR, which in turn will use whatever IR Blaster you configure when it needs to change channels on the set top box.

Quote:I thought since i couldnt find a code, I will have to get a usb-uirt to learn my viewsat remote to control gbpvr. If thats the case will all the functionallity of the gbpvr be accessed using the viewsat if learned properly.
No, you just need to look for an alternative IR Blaster. You can still use the remote.

Quote:THis is probably a dumb question but my main concern is how does my external tuner stb (my viewsat) get in sync with GBPVR, so I can use GBPVR to change channels, see the guide, record shows and not see the actual viewsat guide, osd etc. I've gotten zap2it setup, guide appears in gbpvr. I tried 1st without a remote but when i hit the up/down on keyboard arrows it only changes the gbpvr display at the bottom of the scree (showing channel/name of show etc). The actual channel does not change on the viewsat receiver
Once you have an IR Blaster which is compatible with your receiver, then it'll automatically change channels for you.
okay sub
its starting to make sense to me now, thanks in advance for your patience.

So when i find IR Blaster (say USB-UIRT) that can control my viewsat receiver, I will be able to control GB-PVR (change channel/guide/record) with the Hauppauge remote and at the same time the Hauppauge remote will change the channel on my receiver/tune into a channel though the GBPVR Guide.

Please tell me i'm correct.

PS the previous post of mine with "big grins" were supposed to be " Confused " icons.
Yes, thats correct.