NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Power holding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What's with the MVP needing to be powered down for at least half an hour or so for it to lose its settings? Is it such a low current device that its power supply caps hold it up?

(You can probably detect the voice of a person who has wasted some time before leaving it off for a long while!!).
Lindsay Wrote:What's with the MVP needing to be powered down for at least half an hour or so for it to lose its settings? Is it such a low current device that its power supply caps hold it up?

(You can probably detect the voice of a person who has wasted some time before leaving it off for a long while!!).

Hi Lindsay,

Why would you need to do this anyway? The only settings it keeps I think are things like aspect ratio and PAL vs. NTSC - I'm surprised it loses the settings at all, I'd have thought they would be held in some non-volatile storage somewhere.

C.
Bit late with reply! I needed to kill it because it had a wrong IP no. and wouldn't load the dongle.