NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Running Well
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I think I just successfully got my pvr card and gbpvr up and running. Big Grin

I bought the cheaper 150MCE card thanks to this previous posting: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=12122. Only problem with it, and forgive me if I use the wrong terms, is that it doesn't have the little metal tab so that you can screw it into the top of the computer slot to make sure it doesn't pull out by itself. I looked at the picture of it again at pcalchemy and it should have it, but mine doesn't. Not sure if I want to see if they'll exchange it. What do you think, should I exchange it?

I had a few problems getting everything to work, but they were all resolved doing some searches of previous posting:
- Live TV with black screen, audio, but no video = found out I didn't have my Nero video decoder, so I did a reinstall and got it. Problem fixed.
- Live TV freezes after a few seconds = had to select both Live Preview Mode and Return From Timeshift Mode in the config application. Problem fixed.

The only thing I'm hoping to fix now is the video quality. It isn't as good as I would like, so I'll do some searches again and see what I can do about it. Might run the cable through the amplifier that other cable feeds are running through now. But I'll save that for tomorrow...

The last thing I have to do is set up the MediaMVP which I'll run through a wired ethernet from my family room up to my PC room where it will go through a router and then out to my PC. Hope that will run smoothly and if it doesn't I have this wonderful forum to do searches and find out what I need to do to fix the problem. :p Thank you!
ratskin Wrote:I bought the cheaper 150MCE card thanks to this previous posting: http://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.php?t=12122. Only problem with it, and forgive me if I use the wrong terms, is that it doesn't have the little metal tab so that you can screw it into the top of the computer slot to make sure it doesn't pull out by itself. I looked at the picture of it again at pcalchemy and it should have it, but mine doesn't. Not sure if I want to see if they'll exchange it. What do you think, should I exchange it?

I got one from them too. It arrived today and has the normal tab. Sounds like yours is defective. I'd see about a replacement. If the card moves it might contact another card and short something out...a Bad Thing.

It works just fine for me. Plugged it in, tweaked tha GB-PVR config, and was up & running in about 10 mins. It's the third 150MCE in my system.
Oooh...just noticed that I'm a Senior Member now.

Does that convey any additional privileges or responsibilities?? Smile
Thanks. I'll contact them and see about a replacement.

Looks like over 100 posts gets the Senior Member title. I've got a way to go....
zed Wrote:Oooh...just noticed that I'm a Senior Member now.

Does that convey any additional privileges or responsibilities?? Smile
Yes. Teach others now you must ;-)
stefan Wrote:Yes. Teach others now you must ;-)

lol Big Grin
stefan Wrote:Yes. Teach others now you must ;-)
Funny but true, yoda has spoken Big Grin