NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Time Shift / Live Preview Mode
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just got my PVR-150 installed. From searching the forums I understand that the MVP always uses TimeShift Mode. I was just wondering if while watching tv through the MVP and then I shut off the tv but don't back out to the menu in GBPVR will the recording function keep going until I either run out of harddrive space or come back later and stop it? Also do all those video files created each time I turn the channel have to be manually delelted?
Quote: I was just wondering if while watching tv through the MVP and then I shut off the tv but don't back out to the menu in GBPVR will the recording function keep going
Yes, it will keep recordings. You're best to exit the tv feature when you're finished watching.

The files will be automatically deleted a few minutes after you finish watching each show, so you wont run out of disk space.
Thanks for getting back to me so fast Sub. Is there any setting to tell it to quit after a couple of hours or so. I'm not worried about myself forgetting to exit out, but my wife and kids will probably just turn the tv off?
Quote:Is there any setting to tell it to quit after a couple of hours or so.
No there isnt.
Sub, you wrote:

"The files will be automatically deleted a few minutes after you finish watching each show, so you wont run out of disk space."

It actually doesn't work this way on my machine. Any time I inadvertently leave GBPVR on in time shift mode, it just continues to record shows until it runs out of disk space. For example, I fell asleep last night while watching TV, and I awoke this morning to find that GBPVR had crashed because it had recorded 8 or 10 different shows and finally ran out of disk space after recording 16 GB. The only way I can get these files off my computer is to re-boot. (If I try to delete them manually through Explorer, it won't let me because it says another process is using the file -- even if I close all GBPVR apps and the recording service.)

It would be great if GBPVR only kept the last show or two recorded in time shift mode. Am I doing something wrong (is there a setting I'm not configuring)?

Also, does anyone else have this problem?

Thanks in advance for any info you can provide, and keep up the great work.

-Justin
I have to agree with Justin. It should always save the last or latest 2 shows and not everything from start..
Quote:It would be great if GBPVR only kept the last show or two recorded in time shift mode.
Thats what it is supposed to do, and is doing on my machine.

zip and attach a set of logs showing your machine in timeshift mode for more than a couple of shows and I'll take a look to see what is going wrong.