NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MVP Transcoding... Stops after 15 Sec
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All

Every time I try to see a DivX or Xvid it stops after 10-15 Sec?
But if I try to see it through the TV-out of the 350 card its play perfectly actual better wuthout Blockiness?

Any Idea why this is working on TV-out and not streaming to the MVP?
I'm having intermittent problems similar to you - some DivX/XviD files play fine, but others seem to crash about 10-15sec in. I tried pausing them after a couple of seconds and the transcoding continues fine. However if I then press play (once the transcoding has finished) it still crashes at the same point. I copied the transcoded MPEG2 file and it plays fine so I can't quite understand what the problem is - it's transcoding the file OK, it's not running out of buffer (as I've even let it transcode the whole file!), the transcoded file itself is OK (as playing the copy of it works fine) it just doesn't seem to like working as expected! (although not on all files it seems!).

Cheers

Alan

PS - For TV-out I thought it didn't actually need to transcode, although I may well be wrong.
If you press pause when playback starts, then wait thirty seconds or so, then resume, does it work?

How fast are your CPUs?
@sub - no it doesn't. I tried waiting 15 sec, 30 sec, and letting the whole file transcode - it didn't want to work for any of these options. As I say though, the transcoded file itself seems fine if played separately. Also, it doesn't happen with every file. Log file attached from this - the error message at the bottom was
Code:
21/01/2006 01:26:11.723    ERROR    [174]    Media stream thread caught exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
21/01/2006 01:26:11.723    ERROR    [174]       at xae10db17d26ba033.xbb1566157f5f8b1f.xf9d81bb81f7c2ff0()

My CPU is Athlon 64 3400+.

Cheers

Alan

PS Any luck with those PSI logs I sent yesterday?
Quote:@sub - no it doesn't. I tried waiting 15 sec, 30 sec, and letting the whole file transcode - it didn't want to work for any of these options. As I say though, the transcoded file itself seems fine if played separately. Also, it doesn't happen with every file. Log file attached from this - the error message at the bottom was
Code:
21/01/2006 01:26:11.723    ERROR    [174]    Media stream thread caught exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
21/01/2006 01:26:11.723    ERROR    [174]       at xae10db17d26ba033.xbb1566157f5f8b1f.xf9d81bb81f7c2ff0()
Sorry, I dont know. I cant see anything obvious in the logs.
I had this problem with some episodes of Futurama and 24. I increased the pre-delay in GB-PVR config up to 7500ms and now they all play fine.
Ah OK - I'll give that a shot.

Cheers

Alan
Nice. Just to clarify, now that I'm at home and can see the config app, the setting I meant was "MVP Transcode pre-play delay". Let us know how you get on.
Will do - away for a few days but should be able to test at the weekend.