NextPVR Forums

Full Version: conexant falcon2 based cards
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will cards based on the Conexant falcon 2 chipset (CX23416/CX25843) work with GBPVR? I am thinking in particular of the Club3d Zap tv1000 which is attractively priced in comparison with the WinTv pvr 150.
I suspect it would work, but I dont know of anyone that has tried.
I have a PVR 150mce which I switched over from an old computer to a new HP Media Center computer I bought last summer. The new HP came with a "Conexant Falcon II NTSC Video Capture" card built in. Media Center had no problem recognizing and using both cards.

However, I can't get GBPVR to recognize the Conexant card (I'm sure there's some sort of work around by modifying the direct.ini file, but I'm not smart enough to know how to do that.) None of the "direct plugin" options on the capture tab allow me to use the conexant card, so I have it set up to use only the 150mce.

Furthermore, because I have two cards in the machine but can only use one through GBPVR, I haven't been able to upgrade since 92.11. I was only able to get the 150mce card to work by using the "<autodetectencoder>false<autodetectencoder>/nativeutilities.dll patch" workaround. If I try to upgrade to a newer version of GBPVR, I get 0 byte recordings every time with the 150mce.

Having said that--this is a great program. Its worth buying a slightly more expensive Hauppauge or one of the other cards that is directly supported by GBPVR just to use the program.
Quote:However, I can't get GBPVR to recognize the Conexant card (I'm sure there's some sort of work around by modifying the direct.ini file, but I'm not smart enough to know how to do that.) None of the "direct plugin" options on the capture tab allow me to use the conexant card, so I have it set up to use only the 150mce.
You'll need to add a section to direct.ini. Copy the PVR150 section, rename it [Conexant Falcon II], and modify the names to match those shown in GraphEdit (google for it).

Quote:Furthermore, because I have two cards in the machine but can only use one through GBPVR, I haven't been able to upgrade since 92.11. I was only able to get the 150mce card to work by using the "<autodetectencoder>false<autodetectencoder>/nativeutilities.dll patch" workaround.
That patch has been built into every version since v0.93, so I'm surprised you'd be having problems. I've not heard of others with this issue.

If you decide to try a newer version again, post your logs and I'll check what is going wrong.
Thanks. I found the GraphEdit program and think I plugged in all the correct names. However, its telling me that the driver is not found. Through the use of other programs, I know that the driver is there. Maybe its not based on blackbird, or the init_mode or init_msp should be changed? Just thinking out loud...

In the meantime, attached is the log (hope I attached the correct one). Any assistance is appreciated, so in advance--thank you.
I would note that my (very amateur) research seems to indicate that the Falcon II chip is different than the Blackbird chip. That me be the primary reason I'm getting 0 byte files with any upgrade past the 92.11 version with config.xml/native utilities work around.

Again--any thoughts are appreciated (I know you must be swamped with the new rollout). Along those lines--is there a way to turn the autodetect encoder off, as you were able to in 92.11 with the ...>false<... approach? I'm willing to experiment.
I have a Club3d ZapTV1001 MCE and I would like to use with Gbpvr, but it doesn't work. How can I use gbpvr with these tv card?
If someone wants to develop support for this, I might be able to assist.
I used to be a Conexant employee and have good friends there still.
I am willing to ask them for help in getting relevant documentation and assistance.

Just let me know.

GGF