NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Recommended MVP Driver Version?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

Having recently installed driver updates for my PVR150 to get rid of the audio issue with the Line In port I've managed to break video and line in play back on the MVP.

Its unlikely this is a GBPVR issue as the Hauppauge software causes problems also. I have ridiculous stuttering during video play back and the Hauppauge software won't even play my WMA music now.

This is possibly a codec issue I guess but I don't know alot about that so I'm planning a full uninstall of all drivers and software tonight in an attempt to fix the problem.

I was just wondering if there was any recommended driver version for the MVP service to work with GBPVR?

I'm so disillusioned with Hauppauge right now, they appear to be utterly incompetent - I've now found that the IR blaster won't work with the most common UK STB - a standard Pace Skybox! I'm aware that GBPVR interacts with the IR Blaster - how does it do this? What part is reliant on the Hauppauge software? Any tips? :=:confused:

Steve
Quote:I've now found that the IR blaster won't work with the most common UK STB - a standard Pace Skybox! I'm aware that GBPVR interacts with the IR Blaster - how does it do this? What part is reliant on the Hauppauge software? Any tips?
Its reliant on pretty much everything IR Blaster related from Hauppauge software. Literally, GB-PVR just calls an Hauppauge API to 'ChangeToChannel(23)' (channel 23 as an example), so the only control I have is the channel number - everything else is managed by the Hauppauge software.
dangermouse Wrote:I've now found that the IR blaster won't work with the most common UK STB - a standard Pace Skybox!

crumbs chief!

you may already have found this site, but this redeye gizmo can be used to control UK Pace Skyboxes.

Dont let greenback get hold of it though Big Grin
Quote:crumbs chief!

Dont let greenback get hold of it though
lol Big Grin ah, it takes me back...