NextPVR Forums

Full Version: Hardware support for Pinnacle PCTV 200e ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi!

I bought recently a USB DigiTV card by Pinnacle (PCTV 200e) for laptop use. I installed GB-PVR v.0.95.16 and tried to use it with 200e card. Unfortunately its not on the list and naturally any of drivers, that were on that list, didn't work at all.

Is there any future plans, that this card would be usefull witin your wonderful PVR software?

Pinnacles own software hangs up way too many times!

Regs.

KimmoK
If this device has BDA drivers, then you should be able to get it working by adding a section to BDA.ini with the appropriate names.
Thanks for the hint! I'll check that ... Big Grin

KimmoK
sub Wrote:If this device has BDA drivers, then you should be able to get it working by adding a section to BDA.ini with the appropriate names.

Well .. hmm .. could you advice me a little that where I could find possible BDA driver information? Thats a quite unknown knowledge area for me so far ...

KimmoK
The is a tool called graphedit (google for it) that can be used to find the appropriate names. If you use the forum search feature, you'll find a post somewhere that includes screenshots of exactly where to get the info in GraphEdit. Try searching for 'BDA GraphEdit' or similar.
Thanks! I start lookin' for it ... Wink
sub Wrote:The is a tool called graphedit (google for it) that can be used to find the appropriate names. If you use the forum search feature, you'll find a post somewhere that includes screenshots of exactly where to get the info in GraphEdit. Try searching for 'BDA GraphEdit' or similar.

I did install that Graphedit software and I found my Pinnacle with that. I also found your earlier advices from same kind topic within approriate pics. That way I understand, that only the name of DigiTV card is needed? Should I copy from bda.ini file a section where is line for another Pinnacle prodact? I don't have a clue about what I should put there in the end of that .ini file. I tried that way, but not with that result I hoped.

Sorry about asking so simple questions. I'm still quite newbie with these things ... Rolleyes This is a new hobby for me on my freetime.

KimmoK
So far tried within bad luck to edit bda.ini with this kind of lines:

[Pinnacle PCTV 200e Capture]
TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
RECEIVER_ONLY_MODE=1
FILTER_RECEIVER=Pinnacle PCTV 200e
PIN_RECEIVER_IN=Antenna In Pin
PIN_RECEIVER_OUT=MPEG2 Transport

GB-PVR -> Config.exe -> Trying to start "Map digital channels to EPG channles". That causes error message: "GB-PVR was unable to start BDA device ..." So, that means that my lines are incorrect.

Where I could get right information? Exspecially I'm interested 'bout line FILTER_RECEIVER= ... Whatta hell there should write? I read many forum discussions and that way I tried to get that information from Device Manager -> Sound Video and Game controllers -> Pinnacle PCTV 200e -> Properties -> Details Tab. Is that right place to search information? It didn't help me.

Hey! Does any one get this PCTC 200e to work? Nice hints are welcome Rolleyes
There are two types of BDA devices. One has separate tuner and capture filters. The other has a combined receiver filter. I'm not sure which your card is. Check in GraphEdit if you have your card list in both "BDA Receiver Components" and "BDA Source Filters". If so, you need the other source of BDA.ini section which is for separate tuner and capture filters.
KimmoK Wrote:So far tried within bad luck to edit bda.ini with this kind of lines:

TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
RECEIVER_ONLY_MODE=1
FILTER_RECEIVER=Pinnacle PCTV 200e

:

Now bda.in looks like this:

TUNING_TYPE=DVB-T
RECEIVER_ONLY_MODE=1
FILTER_RECEIVER=Pinnacle PCTV 200e Tuner

Driver doesn't give any functional error messages, but tells me after unsuccesful channel search that either signal is none or wrong configuration. I prefer conf. 'cause Pinnacles own sofwares show signal strenght and quality to be near 100%.

Hmm ... where I should continue trying to edit configurations?
Pages: 1 2 3