NextPVR Forums

Full Version: New Theater 550 Pro drivers out today...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just wanted to let everybody know there are new Theater 550 Pro drivers out today.

They are version 6.14.10.134 and are available for Windows XP and XP 64-bit.

Grab them at ATI's download page.
Nice,

The comb filter is now adjustable via graphedit and the settings stick after reboot or resume.(These settings are now stored in the registry)

Still can't adjust the noise reduction mode properly the setting will stick after a reboot but on resume from standby it will revert to "adaptive".

Hope they get to that in the next driver.
I've been waiting for some new drivers. Couldn't wait to try them out. I got a blue stop error screen just after the red Catalyst screen. Had to system restore as half the items in device manager had exclamations after I restarted. Not sure if I'll try these again for a little while.
I had no such problems, but I am not using an ATI video card, which you imply you do...

Anyhow, I did notice that some program I recorded off of the Threater550 showed 2 minutes 14 seconds but the real length was about one hour... There was no problem playing it but attempts to skip or fast fwd got weird results at best, or playback stopped.

GGF
Well, tried it again in safe mode. They installed OK. Seem to work OK, but havn't tested them much. After reading the above I will have to test them some more. Also, I have an Nvidia FX 5500 with the 550.
Well, a quick recording test seems to have worked OK. I recorded 15 minutes and was able to skip forward and back as well as pause and FF. No apparent problems. Doing a longer recording tonight. If any problems I will post again.
Has anyone changed their PVR-150 for an ATI550??

The reason I ask is "picture-quality" with the PVR-150, is frankly marginally "good" Probs with oversaturated whites/blurry-fuzzy image.

Just curious if anyone has done a direct comparison of both cards??

Thanks
Sorry, I got a PVR-350 and a ATI-550 in the same box, and can't really tell the difference in quality.

GGF
I have both the PVR-150 ant ATI-550 in the same box nopw for a year and have noticed that the ATI-550 has a little better color and sound then the 150.

just my opinion.
GoodGuys Wrote:I had no such problems, but I am not using an ATI video card, which you imply you do...

Well, a different problem I noticed recently is since installing the new drivers, I get a "System recovered from serious error" about once a day. It happens only when the machine wakes from standby, but not all the time.

GGF
Pages: 1 2