NextPVR Forums

Full Version: MCE 2005 IR Blaster Config?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Remotes seem to be the hot topic lately...

Adding to the fire... Big Grin

I downloaded & installed the new release and it seems to work just fine. No problems so far. It just keep getting better.

It looks like one of the fixes was the problem selecting the MCE 2005 IR blaster plugin as the channel changer in the capture source config. Before it would give an error when selected. Now it seems to work OK...I can select it and the Blaster Config box comes up. When I select New I get the Describe Device box. I enter a name and click OK. The 'Please follow the prompts' box comes up with 'waiting...'. OK...what am I supposed to do then? I assume this is where I teach it the commands for the numbers 0 - 9, but shouldn't it prompt me for something? Or is there something else I should do? :confused:

I have it working with HIP (thanks to ricklous) but if it'll work with the native blaster plugin, that's one less thing I have to run.

Anyone have any pointers on how to teach it?

Thanks...
Following up on my own post...

I think I see the problem. Once I get to the 'Please follow the prompts' box, the prompts flash up so fast I can't read them so I don't know what it's asking. I think it's asking to press one of the remote buttons but it doesn't stay on the screen more than a couple milliseconds, literally. Often I don't see anything but after about a minute it says 'Learning complete!' and closes. The 0. to 9.bin and Enter.bin files are written into the directory but they're empty. I don't see anything in the log about it.

Any way to slow the prompts down or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks....
Is there anything else in the room that generates IR light? (e.g. a plasma TV)
Plasma TV? I wish! :-)

Nope, and even if I cover up the IR receiver so no light can get to it, it does the same thing.
If you're having no luck learning in GB-PVR, you can try manually recording the keys using the MceIrRec.exe utility from http://burningzeroad.free.fr/MceIrApi.rar

The file format is the same as that used in GB-PVR.
Well, I discovered that if I kill HIP the 'teaching' works just fine. Doh! :o

However, it does not fire the blaster when I select Watch on one of the channels on that source (yes, HIP is still stopped Big Grin ). I tried sending the files generated by the learning routine using mceirplay from the package you pointed me to and they work, so I believe the codes were recorded correctly (the files recorded by HIP also work, BTW). It just doesn't fire the blaster.

It put the files (1.bin, 2.bin, etc) in a directory with the same name as the device profile under the MCE2005 directory and that profile is what's selected for the capture source. Do the files need to be moved somewhere else or is there something else I need to configure?

Thanks for your help...